Transcript 6/10/09: Alexandra Burris (carryover)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 6/10/09: Alexandra Burris (carryover)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:20 pm

Alexandra Burris
Dunwoody, GA
Stay-at-home mom

Guest host: Shaun Robinson

Shaun reports that after yesterday's show, Alexandra started to get emotional, once the reality of winning $50,000 hit her. Alexandra says, "That's a lot of diapers." They show a picture of Alexandra's twins, Aiden and Kaitlyn (and I apologize to Ms. Burris if I misspelled those names, since they truly are very very cute kids). The kids are with their father, and Alexandra mentions that she's heard reports from her spies (her mother and brother) that he's doing a great job while she's in NYC.

Alexandra has $50,000 and no lifelines remaining. Her category tree:

Big Bucks
Raccoons
Medical Measurements
Sorry Ms. Jackson
(The Titanic)
(In a Nutshell)
(Shapely States)
(Movie Times)
(Clever Inventions)
(Desserts)
(Campy Tunes)
(Ballet)
(Job Hazards)
(Event Locales)
(Papers, Please)

$100,000 (Sorry Ms. Jackson): Immediately after the infamous "wardrobe malfunction" Super Bowl, what show aired next on the same network?
A. The Amazing Race B. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
C. Survivor D. Without a Trace

Alexandra says she has an idea, but (after being reminded that she's a "pop culture expert" -- a reference to her team, El Chupacabra, winning the WSOPC a couple of years ago) she decides to walk with her $50,000.

Alexandra reveals that she was leaning towards B. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
Spoiler
C. Survivor (8)

hanzz

Re: Transcript 6/10/09: Alexandra Burris (carryover)

#2 Post by hanzz » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:41 pm

I actually knew this since I was a reality tv geek in the 2002-2005 era, and it was a big hoopla over Survivor All-Stars starting after the Super Bowl. Otherwise, that puts Alexandra's total game show winnings over $100,000 (I'd imagine she split the $250,000 with her teammates) so good for her!
In this town, don't we love it now, everbody's waiting for the next surprise!

NellyLunatic1980

#3 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:56 am

Another dream $100,000 question for me. Even though I don't watch "Survivor", I remembered that a special episode aired on that Super Bowl Sunday in addition to the normal Thursday night episodes. In fact, I might still have the complete halftime show (including the uncensored titty shot) on tape somewhere.

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:36 am

Precalled it. I think the $100K questions are now easier than they used to be.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:22 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Alexandra Burris
Dunwoody, GA
Stay-at-home mom

Guest host: Shaun Robinson

Shaun reports that after yesterday's show, Alexandra started to get emotional, once the reality of winning $50,000 hit her. Alexandra says, "That's a lot of diapers." They show a picture of Alexandra's twins, Aiden and Kaitlyn (and I apologize to Ms. Burris if I misspelled those names, since they truly are very very cute kids). The kids are with their father, and Alexandra mentions that she's heard reports from her spies (her mother and brother) that he's doing a great job while she's in NYC.

Alexandra has $50,000 and no lifelines remaining. Her category tree:

Big Bucks
Raccoons
Medical Measurements
Sorry Ms. Jackson
(The Titanic)
(In a Nutshell)
(Shapely States)
(Movie Times)
(Clever Inventions)
(Desserts)
(Campy Tunes)
(Ballet)
(Job Hazards)
(Event Locales)
(Papers, Please)

$100,000 (Sorry Ms. Jackson): Immediately after the infamous "wardrobe malfunction" Super Bowl, what show aired next on the same network?
A. The Amazing Race B. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
C. Survivor D. Without a Trace

Alexandra says she has an idea, but (after being reminded that she's a "pop culture expert" -- a reference to her team, El Chupacabra, winning the WSOPC a couple of years ago) she decides to walk with her $50,000.

Alexandra reveals that she was leaning towards B. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
Spoiler
C. Survivor (8)
From the comfort of my recliner I guessed this one; had I been in the HS it would be time to pull out a lifeline, but which one? I don't know if this would be Googlable, but that would be my first choice.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

mellytu74

#6 Post by mellytu74 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:08 am

I would still have the DD for this.

I would have gone for the two reality shows -- the networks always want a show to maximize the big Super Bowl audience (the special episode of Friends, etc.).

The only two that I thought made sense were the two reality shows -- launching them. I don't watch either (although I will make an exception for TAR if/when BBs get on the show) so I would have made what I thought was an educated guess.

peacock2121

#7 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:36 am

mellytu74 wrote:I would still have the DD for this.

I would have gone for the two reality shows -- the networks always want a show to maximize the big Super Bowl audience (the special episode of Friends, etc.).

The only two that I thought made sense were the two reality shows -- launching them. I don't watch either (although I will make an exception for TAR if/when BBs get on the show) so I would have made what I thought was an educated guess.
Me too.

I had all my LLs left except the ATA.

Great stack for me.

I would have had Survivor be my first guess.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#8 Post by Estonut » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:55 pm

mellytu74 wrote:The only two that I thought made sense were the two reality shows -- launching them.
Both shows were already well-launched by then. Survivor had already aired for 7 seasons and TAR for 4.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

hanzz

#9 Post by hanzz » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:05 pm

Estonut wrote:
mellytu74 wrote:The only two that I thought made sense were the two reality shows -- launching them.
Both shows were already well-launched by then. Survivor had already aired for 7 seasons and TAR for 4.
Yep, and TAR by that point was no where near as popular as Survivor. I believe the first four seasons of TAR averaged 8-10 million viewers each while the first seven Survivors easily averaged 20-25 million viewers (season 1 finale got about 51 million viewers if I'm not mistaken). Logically, Survivor All-Stars, which brought back everyone's favorite players, would make for the better post-Super Bowl slot. I think I may have risked it without using a lifeline. At this point I would be going for $250k with 2 lifelines :)

It's funny because now both shows average about 11-13 million viewers, with Survivor only slightly beating TAR on a regular basis. Go TAR!
In this town, don't we love it now, everbody's waiting for the next surprise!

mellytu74

#10 Post by mellytu74 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:57 pm

hanzz wrote:
Estonut wrote:
Yep, and TAR by that point was no where near as popular as Survivor. I believe the first four seasons of TAR averaged 8-10 million viewers each while the first seven Survivors easily averaged 20-25 million viewers (season 1 finale got about 51 million viewers if I'm not mistaken). Logically, Survivor All-Stars, which brought back everyone's favorite players, would make for the better post-Super Bowl slot. I think I may have risked it without using a lifeline. At this point I would be going for $250k with 2 lifelines :)

It's funny because now both shows average about 11-13 million viewers, with Survivor only slightly beating TAR on a regular basis. Go TAR!
Actually, I was referring to a possible season launch of either show, not the introduction of a new show.

I am well aware that both shows had been on for quite a while by then.