PT-WWTBAM Transcript: Gary Cousins (and Katy P.) (8/9/09)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

PT-WWTBAM Transcript: Gary Cousins (and Katy P.) (8/9/09)

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:39 pm

Third 10th-Anniversary Fastest Finger Question

Put these actors in the order in which they first portrayed Batman onscreen, starting with the earliest.

A- Michael Keaton B- Christian Bale
C- George Clooney D- Val Kilmer

What, no Adam West?
Spoiler
ADCB
And the winner is:

Stephanie Millien-
Linda Sweeney-
Ralph Cambeis-
Neil Schwartz-
Jessica Gerber- 5.14 s
Teresa Reitmeyer- 6.92 s
Gary Cousins- 4.76 s
Kristin Williams-

Gary Cousins, 44, Flint, MI, employed in the auto industry (“the last one left”, according to Regis) (phone game)

Gary becomes an instant Bored favorite by revealing he has been trying to get on the show for ten years, mostly via the phone game, and finally succeeded via the phone game!

Categories:

*Patently False
*Words of the Century
*Whale Watching
*Kid Lit
*Government Rituals
*Take a Hike
*Here Comes the Judge
*Seinfeld
*My Other Half
*Art Seen
*The Oscars
*Funny Books
*Dollywood
*Good Advice
*You Go, Girl!

(Transcriber’s note- damn, this looks like a dream stack for me, and for any trivia nerd! I expect good things for Gary here!)

$100- You Go, Girl!

When Hillary Clinton urged “denuclearization” in North Korea in 2009, she was basically asking the country to stop making what?

A- Beer B- Bombs
C- Bicycles D- Giant eyeglasses
Spoiler
B- Bombs (8)
$200- Good Advice

“Parents” Magazine advises “Build on branches that are at least eight inches thick” when constructing a what for your child?

A- Sand Box B- Jungle Gym
C- Bookshelf D- Tree House
Spoiler
D- Tree House (8)
$300- Dollywood

Dolly’s Demolition Derby, a ride at Dolly Parton’s Dollywood amusement park, is what type of ride?

A- Bumper cars B- Roller coaster
C- Ferris wheel D- Carousel
Spoiler
A- Bumper Cars (9)
$500- Funny Books

Published in 2007 with the tagline “Now with 30% more Asia”, the humor book “our Dumb world” is a parody of what type of reference work?

A- Thesaurus B- Almanac
C- Atlas D- Dictionary
Spoiler
C- Atlas (8)
$1,000- The Oscars

Melissa Etheridge once joked “This is the only naked man that will ever be in my bedroom” when she won an Oscar for what?

A- Best Actress B- Best Director
C- Best Cinematographer D- Best Song
Spoiler
D- Best Song (8)
$2,000- Art Seen

On Nov 21, 2008, an “O” in the Google logo was obscured by a green apple and a bowler hat to mark the 110th birthday of what artist?

A- Marcel Duchamp B- Andy Warhol
C- Rene Magritte D- Salvador Dali

At 20 seconds, Gary uses his ATA lifeline.

ATA Results: A- 20%, B- 15%, C- 36%, D- 29%

At 17 seconds, Gary uses his Double Dip lifeline.

Gary’s first guess:

Spoiler
C- Rene Magritte (17)

Gary will return for tomorrow night’s show.

After a commercial break (which includes a 2-minute sneak peek at ABC’s new show Shark Tank), it’s time for tonight’s celebrity guest, former gospel singer turned rocker Katy Perry. Katy is playing for St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital.

What young celebrity has the Italian phrase for “Live without regrets” tattooed on her back, except the Italian word for “regrets” is misspelled?

A- Hillary Duff B- Hayden Panettiere
C- Vanessa Hudgens D- Kristen Bell

Katy wants to phone her friend Shannon Woodward (turns out Katy knows the answer- she just wants to chat).

Shannon tells her who it is and she correctly answers

Spoiler
B- Hayden Panettiere
and St. Jude’s gets 50 grand!

End of night one of the 10th Anniversary of WWTBAM! Stay tuned for a returning Gary starting Monday night!

hbomb1947

Re: PT-WWTBAM Transcript: Gary Cousins (and Katy P.) (8/9/09)

#2 Post by hbomb1947 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:41 pm

Nihil obstat on the "real" stack.

WGAS on Katy Perry's question.

chad1m

#3 Post by chad1m » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:44 pm

As a fellow Flintstone, I hope Gary takes a lot of money in his second attempt! :)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B014Z7QO26/ref ... 6vb11BJ6JV
Get on a Game Show!, my e-book guide now available on Amazon!

hbomb1947

#4 Post by hbomb1947 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:45 pm

chad1m wrote:As a fellow Flintstone, I hope Gary takes a lot of money in his second attempt! :)
As a fellow old-time phone game participant, I too hope Gary takes a lot of money in his second attempt! :D

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:48 pm

hbomb1947 wrote:Nihil obstat on the "real" stack.

That could have been a real question, and it would have been a fair one. Which of those celebrities is likely to have an affinity for the Italian language? --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Appa23

#6 Post by Appa23 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:54 pm

hbomb1947 wrote:
chad1m wrote:As a fellow Flintstone, I hope Gary takes a lot of money in his second attempt! :)
As a fellow old-time phone game participant, I too hope Gary takes a lot of money in his second attempt! :D
Blowing two lifelines so early in the game is not a good sign (though others have risen to great monetary heights after using most-to-all of their lifelines in the second tier).

Bob Juch

#7 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:05 pm

Which one of you is going to turn out the lights? :(
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

jurisdoctor07

#8 Post by jurisdoctor07 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:58 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

That could have been a real question, and it would have been a fair one. Which of those celebrities is likely to have an affinity for the Italian language? --Bob
Yeah, when she took photos of the tattoo and someone discovered that, it was a big story of interest on quite a few pop culture sites, and I think MSN Wonderwall as well. It's not 14th century French history, but its fair game in my eyes.

Lackadaisical Stumblebum
Merry Man

#9 Post by Lackadaisical Stumblebum » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:22 pm

jurisdoctor07 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

Yeah, when she took photos of the tattoo and someone discovered that, it was a big story of interest on quite a few pop culture sites, and I think MSN Wonderwall as well. It's not 14th century French history, but its fair game in my eyes.
I rarely use Internet Explorer (except for the few sites that won't work with Opera) so I've never bothered to change the home page from the default AOL page. This was one of the stories on there a few months ago.
Sharing smokes and a cup of joe with my friend, Insouciant Ruffian. Good times!

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#10 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:27 pm

jurisdoctor07 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

I'm making a slightly different point. I had never heard this particular factoid before seeing it on the show. But only one of the answer choices had a surname that suggested an affinity for Italian. In other words, the question had what's known on the Jeopardy! board as a significant TOM. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Estonut
Evil Genius

#11 Post by Estonut » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
jurisdoctor07 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:That could have been a real question, and it would have been a fair one. Which of those celebrities is likely to have an affinity for the Italian language? --Bob
I'm making a slightly different point. I had never heard this particular factoid before seeing it on the show. But only one of the answer choices had a surname that suggested an affinity for Italian. In other words, the question had what's known on the Jeopardy! board as a significant TOM. --Bob
I don't know, Bob. I would only call that significant if I knew that none of the other three had Italian heritage, had ever had an Italian friend or boyfriend, had spent time in Italy or really liked Italian food...
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

NellyLunatic1980

#12 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:50 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Gary becomes an instant Bored favorite by revealing he has been trying to get on the show for ten years, mostly via the phone game, and finally succeeded via the phone game!
Now that Gary finally made it into the HS, it's past due time for Marley and me to get in.

Nihil obstat® on Gary's first six questions.

I thought Panettiere on Katy Perry's question, but I would've asked the audience just to seal the deal. Certainly, those 100 audience members who weren't former HSers would know this one.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#13 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:56 pm

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Gary becomes an instant Bored favorite by revealing he has been trying to get on the show for ten years, mostly via the phone game, and finally succeeded via the phone game!
Now that Gary finally made it into the HS, it's past due time for Marley and me to get in.

Nihil obstat® on Gary's first six questions.

I thought Panettiere on Katy Perry's question, but I would've asked the audience just to seal the deal. Certainly, those 100 audience members who weren't former HSers would know this one.

You could have called Katy Perry since she apparently knew it.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

Lackadaisical Stumblebum
Merry Man

#14 Post by Lackadaisical Stumblebum » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:05 pm

Estonut wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
jurisdoctor07 wrote:
I don't know, Bob. I would only call that significant if I knew that none of the other three had Italian heritage, had ever had an Italian friend or boyfriend, had spent time in Italy or really liked Italian food...
As Estonut pointed out, it could be a case of getting a question right for the wrong reasons. People in general and celebrities in particular seem to be fond of getting tattoos in foreign languages that they don't speak and are not a part of their culture. Which is why David Beckham and Britney Spears are running about with nonsense words in Hindi and Hebrew on their skin.....
Sharing smokes and a cup of joe with my friend, Insouciant Ruffian. Good times!

hbomb1947

#15 Post by hbomb1947 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:11 pm

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:
With all due respect to you and Marley, I wasn't aware that you guys were the only two folks around here who've been trying to get on the show for ten years . . .

themanwho

#16 Post by themanwho » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:19 pm

I knew all Gary's questions so far, and Katy Perry's to boot.

The questions on this go-round of PTM feel harder, but they're all very fair.

-M
"I will win BIG on a game show this coming year!" - since gsabc isn't using it any more.

Jeemie

#17 Post by Jeemie » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:28 pm

hbomb1947 wrote:
NellyLunatic1980 wrote:
With all due respect to you and Marley, I wasn't aware that you guys were the only two folks around here who've been trying to get on the show for ten years . . .
Me, neither (tapping my foot).

Although I don't go to Syndie-auditions, so I guess I don't count.
1979 City of Champions 2009

ghostjmf

#18 Post by ghostjmf » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:05 pm

I would not have got the FF.

$300 Q took too much thinking for a $300 Q. But only one possible answer.

So far so good.

I had no clue on the celeb Q.

Bob Juch

#19 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:19 am

Jeemie wrote:
hbomb1947 wrote:
NellyLunatic1980 wrote: Now that Gary finally made it into the HS, it's past due time for Marley and me to get in.
Me, neither (tapping my foot).

Although I don't go to Syndie-auditions, so I guess I don't count.
You can't win if you don't buy a ticket.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.