PT-WWTBAM Transcript 08/10/09 Celeb Vanessa Williams

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

PT-WWTBAM Transcript 08/10/09 Celeb Vanessa Williams

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:47 am

Vanessa Williams
Singer, actress

Vanessa is playing for a charity founded by Maria Torres called The Young Performing Artist Project. They are going to Southport England in the fall to the Salsa Kingdom Festival. They need $50K to get there. They’ll worry about the $50K for the return trip later.

$50K Which of the following is not a high-end brand of baby stroller?
A. Bugaboo
B. Schobly
C. Quinny
D. Stokke

ATA

28% A. Bugaboo
23% B. Schobly
33% C. Quinny
16% D. Stokke

Vanessa says she has heard of Bugaboo, but doesn’t know if it would be considered high-end.
Regis tells her to forget about high-end, that one of the choices isn’t even a stroller.

Vanessa says the only one she can eliminate is Bugaboo, so maybe she should go with the audience and choose Quinny.

The audience groans and laughs.

Vanessa says she is going to take a stab at it and makes B. Schobly her final answer.

Spoiler
B. Schobly
Vanessa leaves with $50K.

Answers:

$50K B. Schobly

NellyLunatic1980

Re: PT-WWTBAM Transcript 08/10/09 Celeb Vanessa Williams

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:38 am

As I stated earlier, I've heard of a Bugaboo. But that's it. I would PAF.

And this segment proved that the celebrity needs to be put on That Damn Clock® just like the rest of us.

Jeemie

#3 Post by Jeemie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:49 am

I've since Googled this.

They're all strollers.

How did they decide which one wasn't "high-end"?
1979 City of Champions 2009

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: PT-WWTBAM Transcript 08/10/09 Celeb Vanessa Wi

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:50 am

Jeemie wrote:I've since Googled this.

They're all strollers.

Really! Regis said while the question was live that one of them isn't. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Jeemie

Re: PT-WWTBAM Transcript 08/10/09 Celeb Vanessa Wi

#5 Post by Jeemie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:52 am

Bob78164 wrote:
Jeemie wrote:I've since Googled this.

They're all strollers.

Really! Regis said while the question was live that one of them isn't. --Bob
I Googled Schobly and got "Schobly strollers" as a hit.

http://www.google.com/search?gbv=2&hl=e ... q=&aqi=g10

Maybe it's a mistake?

I will say, when you Google the other three, you get way more specific hits that show they are strollers than for Schobly.

But if I Googled this as a PAF and had less than 30 seconds to make a decision, I wouldn't be able to do it.

hbomb1947

#6 Post by hbomb1947 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:31 am

Another celeb, another WGAS question . . .

TheConfessor

#7 Post by TheConfessor » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:50 pm

hbomb1947 wrote:Another celeb, another WGAS question . . .
True in this case, I think. A quiz show is supposed to be interesting. There is nothing inherently interesting about obscure baby stroller brand names. I don't imagine many people are chatting about it around the water cooler today. On the other hand, I think the previous celeb question about a pretentious ingenue with a misspelled tattoo is pretty amusing.

themanwho

#8 Post by themanwho » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:00 pm

I have a sneaking suspicion those "Schobly stroller" Google hits weren't there yesterday. Be careful what links you click on when researching this.

Look very closely at the sample text Google provides on a search for Schobly. Even more interesting, there's not a single image of a stroller on image search. In fact, there's almost not a single image.

-M
"I will win BIG on a game show this coming year!" - since gsabc isn't using it any more.

Jeemie

#9 Post by Jeemie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:03 pm

themanwho wrote:I have a sneaking suspicion those "Schobly stroller" Google hits weren't there yesterday. Be careful what links you click on when researching this.

Look very closely at the sample text Google provides on a search for Schobly. Even more interesting, there's not a single image of a stroller on image search. In fact, there's almost not a single image.

-M
I didn't type "Scholby stroller"...I typed "Scholby".

But I did mention that the other three yielded what I thought were many more "real" hits...so IF these results had come up, and I was a Google PAF, I might have leaned towards Scholby, but not been confident about it.

PS You're right- an image search there is much more conclusive.

themanwho

#10 Post by themanwho » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:13 pm

Jeemie wrote:
themanwho wrote:I have a sneaking suspicion those "Schobly stroller" Google hits weren't there yesterday. Be careful what links you click on when researching this.

-M

But I did mention that the other three yielded what I thought were many more "real" hits...so IF these results had come up, and I was a Google PAF, I might have leaned towards Scholby, but not been confident about it.

I'm not sure you got what I was saying. My theory is that after the show aired, people started Google searching for Schobly strollers, and in response, those terms were added as keywords to various pages in hopes to drive up hits. The two articles that show up in Google News are both nonsense, and are both dated today. (Coincidentally, one of them refers to "high-end Schobly strollers). The show aried yesterday, and taped 2 weeks ago.

I once got a virus on my computer while searching for "Stevens Point Trivia Questions". Those virus guys can be pretty clever sometimes.

-M
"I will win BIG on a game show this coming year!" - since gsabc isn't using it any more.

Jeemie

#11 Post by Jeemie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:15 pm

themanwho wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

-M

I'm not sure you got what I was saying. My theory is that after the show aired, people started Google searching for Schobly strollers, and in response, those terms were added as keywords to various pages in hopes to drive up hits. The two articles that show up in Google News are both nonsense, and are both dated today. (Coincidentally, one of them refers to "high-end Schobly strollers). The show aried yesterday, and taped 2 weeks ago.

I once got a virus on my computer while searching for "Stevens Point Trivia Questions". Those virus guys can be pretty clever sometimes.

-M
OK- I got it.

I didn't click on the links- I did what I usually do if I was a Google PAF- glanced at the links to see if info I needed to answer the question was there.

hanzz

#12 Post by hanzz » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:46 pm

Yeah I searched Schobly immediately afterwards and all that came up were genealogy histories for various Schobly families. Nothing about strollers.
In this town, don't we love it now, everbody's waiting for the next surprise!