Observations Backlog 4 - Deliquesce

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

Observations Backlog 4 - Deliquesce

#1 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Many years ago, when I lived in a house where the kitchen had three window exposures to the sun throughout the day, I came home to find the butter deliquesced into a puddle in the butter dish.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

Re: Observations Backlog 4 - Deliquesce

#2 Post by ulysses5019 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:42 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:Many years ago, when I lived in a house where the kitchen had three window exposures to the sun throughout the day, I came home to find the butter deliquesced into a puddle in the butter dish.

I think you should defenestrate that deliquesced butter...
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#3 Post by Estonut » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:57 am

Thanks, Sprots! I remember looking this up, along with effloresce, when this song appeared on The Chills' 1990 Album "Submarine Bells." It was my favorite album for a while bitd. Your post made me dust off the CD and play it again. THANK YOU!!!

The Chills - Effloresce and Deliquesce

Here are my favorites from that album...

The Chills - Familiarity Breeds Contempt (with Lyrics)

The Chills - Dead Web

The Chills - Singing in My Sleep

The Chills - The Oncoming Day

The Chills - Don't Be - Memory
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

DevilKitty100

#4 Post by DevilKitty100 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:36 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:Many years ago, when I lived in a house where the kitchen had three window exposures to the sun throughout the day, I came home to find the butter deliquesced into a puddle in the butter dish.
Sound like moi after a pitcher or two or margaritas...................back in the day.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#5 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:57 pm

These take off to the most amazing places -- happy to help, Esto.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#6 Post by SportsFan68 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:59 pm

DevilKitty100 wrote:
Sound like moi after a pitcher or two or margaritas...................back in the day.
I dint think of this until I read your observation, DK -- you're absolutely right . . .

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#7 Post by littlebeast13 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:48 pm

DevilKitty100 wrote:

I'm surprised Sprots didn't use her experience with ES showing up at the back door for her example....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#8 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:58 am

I see I'm not going to get any props for figuring out this one on my own.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#9 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:31 am

littlebeast13 wrote:I see I'm not going to get any props for figuring out this one on my own.....

lb13
LOL, LB!

If you think the word means what I think you think (since you referenced a mangy rodent at a back door as an example), the word does not mean what you think it means.

Bob Juch

#10 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:37 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:I see I'm not going to get any props for figuring out this one on my own.....

lb13
LOL, LB!

If you think the word means what I think you think (since you referenced a mangy rodent at a back door as an example), the word does not mean what you think it means.
Maybe a dead mangy rodent at the back door?
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#11 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:34 pm

SportsFan68 wrote:

lb13
LOL, LB!

I'm sure you have deliquesced many times upon seeing your favorite cute little rodent poke his adorable fuzzy face in through your screen door......

YAY!

lb13

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#12 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:07 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:

lb13
LOL, LB!

I'm sure you have deliquesced many times upon seeing your favorite cute little rodent poke his adorable fuzzy face in through your screen door......

YAY!

lb13
I do not have a favorite rodent of any kind. Ick.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#13 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:58 am

SportsFan68 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
SportsFan68 wrote:
LOL, LB!

YAY!

lb13
I do not have a favorite rodent of any kind. Ick.

Here's a picture Merriam Webster can use for deliquesce in their dictionary....

lb13

christie1111
11:11

#14 Post by christie1111 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:21 am

Found it!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#15 Post by SportsFan68 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:32 am

That is gross and hideous and the most phonied-up avatar in LB history.

It will not win. It will finish last.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#16 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:14 am

SportsFan68 wrote:That is gross and hideous and the most phonied-up avatar in LB history.

It will not win. It will finish last.

I knew you'd like it! Have you submitted it to the Word of the Day site yet.....?

lb13

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#17 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:27 pm

Feel free not to reply (wouldn't want to mess up the boycott), but I did a nice blog tribute to your Word of the Day series today.....

lb13

christie1111
11:11

#18 Post by christie1111 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:37 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:Feel free not to reply (wouldn't want to mess up the boycott), but I did a nice blog tribute to your Word of the Day series today.....

lb13
I have ben patiently waiting for more than a mere mention in your blog!

I guess I will continue to wait.....
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#19 Post by minimetoo26 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:41 pm

christie1111 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:Feel free not to reply (wouldn't want to mess up the boycott), but I did a nice blog tribute to your Word of the Day series today.....

lb13
I have ben patiently waiting for more than a mere mention in your blog!

I guess I will continue to wait.....
I think ES could use a sample of Axe--Sprots looks at him like he smells bad...
Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.

-Carl Sagan