Checking in

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
TheCalvinator24

Checking in

#1 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:53 pm

We did have a tornado touch down in my town of Forney. I actually saw it, but the storm cell was already north of my home. There were some pretty ominous clouds over my house, and I saw some circular motion in them, but they never formed.

My next door neighbor got a picture of the tornado. I'm in the foreground of the pic. If you are on facebook, you can find it on my page.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Checking in

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:38 pm

Yikes! That's a bit (well, more than a bit) too close for comfort.

--Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

TheCalvinator24

#3 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:50 pm

That was about 5 miles away and the storm was moving away from my location.
It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. —Albus Dumbledore

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#4 Post by silvercamaro » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:52 pm

Cal, I don't have Facebook, so I can't doublecheck the photo Bob ###s posted, but is that you from the back?

If so. . . .

That twister was too damn close for you to be outside, even if it was going away from you. Stop that!

But, whoohoo! You definitely are looking more and more like a distance runner. Can't wait until April 29!
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

TheCalvinator24

#5 Post by TheCalvinator24 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:48 pm

Yes, that's me. I was standing out my front door watching the sky while the girls were in the closet under the stairs. Then, 2 women down the street started freaking out, so my neighbor and I jogged over to check it out.

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:59 pm

silvercamaro wrote:That twister was too damn close for you to be outside, even if it was going away from you. Stop that!
Yeah. Set a better example for your girls, next time! :shock:

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#7 Post by ulysses5019 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:26 pm

Bob78164 wrote:Yikes! That's a bit (well, more than a bit) too close for comfort.

--Bob

So, we're you directing the tornado?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#8 Post by kayrharris » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:22 am

Glad to hear you're OK. That was a bit too close for comfort!
I'm with SC, go inside!!!!!!!!!!!!

kay
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#9 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:19 pm

TheCalvinator24 wrote:Yes, that's me. I was standing out my front door watching the sky while the girls were in the closet under the stairs. Then, 2 women down the street started freaking out, so my neighbor and I jogged over to check it out.
Do you keep bicycle helmets or other hard headgear in what you use as a storm cellar? I think I read recently that an awful lot of tornado deaths and injuries result from head trauma that could be prevented, or at least ameliorated. And I can't really think of any downside to wearing the stuff. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#10 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:52 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
TheCalvinator24 wrote:Yes, that's me. I was standing out my front door watching the sky while the girls were in the closet under the stairs. Then, 2 women down the street started freaking out, so my neighbor and I jogged over to check it out.
Do you keep bicycle helmets or other hard headgear in what you use as a storm cellar? I think I read recently that an awful lot of tornado deaths and injuries result from head trauma that could be prevented, or at least ameliorated. And I can't really think of any downside to wearing the stuff. --Bob

Don't forget a cup.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#11 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:43 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

Don't forget a cup.....

lb13
For his daughters!? --Bob

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#12 Post by littlebeast13 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:51 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Do you keep bicycle helmets or other hard headgear in what you use as a storm cellar? I think I read recently that an awful lot of tornado deaths and injuries result from head trauma that could be prevented, or at least ameliorated. And I can't really think of any downside to wearing the stuff. --Bob

Don't forget a cup.....

lb13

I guess Cal doesn't need any protection while he's outside directing the tornado traffic.....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#13 Post by ulysses5019 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:51 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

Don't forget a cup.....

lb13

I guess Cal doesn't need any protection while he's outside directing the tornado traffic.....

lb13
No worries, Cal can run like the wind...

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#14 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:14 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:For his daughters!? --Bob

lb13

Not everyone is in as good of shape as Cal....

lb13

MarleysGh0st

#15 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:46 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

lb13
Found it!

And very nicely done, ES! 8)

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#16 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:27 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

lb13

Especially if he's not wearing his cup...

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#17 Post by minimetoo26 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:16 am

littlebeast13 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

Don't forget a cup.....

lb13
I thought ES knew enough to protect his nuts better!
Knowing a great deal is not the same as being smart; intelligence is not information alone but also judgment, the manner in which information is collected and used.

-Carl Sagan

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#18 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:18 am

minimetoo26 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Do you keep bicycle helmets or other hard headgear in what you use as a storm cellar? I think I read recently that an awful lot of tornado deaths and injuries result from head trauma that could be prevented, or at least ameliorated. And I can't really think of any downside to wearing the stuff. --Bob

Don't forget a cup.....

lb13
I thought ES knew enough to protect his nuts better!

He must have left the cup at Casa Sprots....

lb13

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#19 Post by SportsFan68 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:32 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

lb13

lb13
That is a horrible avatar! Ouch! And I catch hell over a little nuclear weaponry.

It will not win. No man on the planet ever wants to see something like that, and the women around here would choose nuclear weaponry as quick and painless vs. that horrible sight.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller