Very discouraging

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Very discouraging

#1 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:34 am

I came into work this morning, and noticed that the flag was atop the flagpole. I asked our guy who is in charge of displaying the US flag if he missed that Neil Armstrong had passed away. He said he would check to see if there were any official instructions to fly the flag at half mast in his honor.

Sadly, no.

Some stupid temporary politician dies, and they get that honor. If ANYONE deserves that honor it would be Neil Armstrong, who was a TRUE American hero in every sense of the word.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

flockofseagulls104

Re: Very discouraging

#2 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:38 am

My news doesn't come as fast as BJ's. I see that President Obama has directed flags fly at half mast on the day of his funeral.

Thank you.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#3 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:28 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:My news doesn't come as fast as BJ's. I see that President Obama has directed flags fly at half mast on the day of his funeral.

Thank you.
I would have ordered the flags to fly at half-staff now until after the funeral.

The news I get fast is often flawed but that's what happens when humans are involved.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:39 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:My news doesn't come as fast as BJ's. I see that President Obama has directed flags fly at half mast on the day of his funeral.

Thank you.
I would have ordered the flags to fly at half-staff now until after the funeral.

The news I get fast is often flawed but that's what happens when humans are involved.
If Obama was older he just might have done that. He was only 7 at the time Armstrong went up.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

themanintheseersuckersuit

#5 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:55 pm

Factoid of the day, no one born after 1935 has walked on the moon.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

themanintheseersuckersuit

#6 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:05 pm

speaking of age, how young would you have to be to make this mistake.

Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

tlynn78

#7 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:01 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:speaking of age, how young would you have to be to make this mistake.

ouch.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

themanwho

#8 Post by themanwho » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:45 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:Factoid of the day, no one born after 1935 has walked on the moon.
That's a good one. I stole it (credited to you) and posted it on Facebook. (I don't know if anyone will read it, since I didn't post it as an e-card.)
"I will win BIG on a game show this coming year!" - since gsabc isn't using it any more.

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#9 Post by littlebeast13 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:28 pm

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:speaking of age, how young would you have to be to make this mistake.

Well, he was high as a kite most of the time....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

Bob Juch

#10 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:54 pm