I've found the upside to Facebook

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Vague Mini
Merry Man

I've found the upside to Facebook

#1 Post by Vague Mini » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:21 am

I've certainly met some interesting people while playing games and my Friend list has acquired an international flavor. Now I want to know more about Maori culture. Although just playing poker with the Canadians was a hoot yesterday--we managed to do karaoke by typing in song lyrics while we were playing and had the woman from Malaysia cracking up. That's my kinda fun...
Huh? What?

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

Re: I've found the upside to Facebook

#2 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:31 pm

Vague Mini wrote:I've certainly met some interesting people while playing games and my Friend list has acquired an international flavor. Now I want to know more about Maori culture. Although just playing poker with the Canadians was a hoot yesterday--we managed to do karaoke by typing in song lyrics while we were playing and had the woman from Malaysia cracking up. That's my kinda fun...

But are you learning any foreign curse words?
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

Sistine Fanny
Underground Artiste

#3 Post by Sistine Fanny » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:20 pm

Vague Mini wrote:I've certainly met some interesting people while playing games and my Friend list has acquired an international flavor. Now I want to know more about Maori culture. Although just playing poker with the Canadians was a hoot yesterday--we managed to do karaoke by typing in song lyrics while we were playing and had the woman from Malaysia cracking up. That's my kinda fun...
See how quickly the Facebook gets their claws into you? You didn't even put up a fight!

I'm so disappointed.....
It's the Final Countdown.....

macrae1234

#4 Post by macrae1234 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:05 pm

you gotta love my crazy countrymen
We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.

Vague Mini
Merry Man

#5 Post by Vague Mini » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:59 pm

Sistine Fanny wrote:
See how quickly the Facebook gets their claws into you? You didn't even put up a fight!

I'm so disappointed.....

It was the games. A veritable cornucopia of games. And the poker tables have a little chat box so you can meet people.

That innocent-looking mild-mannered christie sent me an invitation to play that Godforsaken Candy Crush Saga which is simultaneously irresistable and impossible. She is a crack pusher in her Facebook life. I was motoring along until I smashed into a brick wall I can't get past so I've taken a break for a few days. But I WILL prevail!!!
Huh? What?

christie1111
11:11

#6 Post by christie1111 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:46 am

Vague Mini wrote:That innocent-looking mild-mannered christie sent me an invitation to play that Godforsaken Candy Crush Saga which is simultaneously irresistable and impossible. She is a crack pusher in her Facebook life. I was motoring along until I smashed into a brick wall I can't get past so I've taken a break for a few days. But I WILL prevail!!!
LOL! Like I am the only one playing that game!

There is an English 'cousin' who is positively addicted!

I have gotten to an occasional one that has taken literally weeks to get past. Really annoying!
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

Vague Mini
Merry Man

#7 Post by Vague Mini » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:02 am

christie1111 wrote:
Vague Mini wrote:That innocent-looking mild-mannered christie sent me an invitation to play that Godforsaken Candy Crush Saga which is simultaneously irresistable and impossible. She is a crack pusher in her Facebook life. I was motoring along until I smashed into a brick wall I can't get past so I've taken a break for a few days. But I WILL prevail!!!
LOL! Like I am the only one playing that game!

There is an English 'cousin' who is positively addicted!

I have gotten to an occasional one that has taken literally weeks to get past. Really annoying!
You're the one who sent me the invitation. Crack pusher. :P :P

I've swapped a color bomb with a striped piece twice and used the extra moves 3 times and still can't get all those $#@%^ jellies out of the grid...
Huh? What?

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:10 am

Vague Mini wrote: I've swapped a color bomb with a striped piece twice and used the extra moves 3 times and still can't get all those $#@%^ jellies out of the grid...
I am so glad I don't participate in Facebook. Otherwise, and it's a scary thought, I might understand what this meant.

Of course, being a member and not ever getting any friends wouldn't be much fun either.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Vague Mini
Merry Man

#9 Post by Vague Mini » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:20 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Vague Mini wrote: I've swapped a color bomb with a striped piece twice and used the extra moves 3 times and still can't get all those $#@%^ jellies out of the grid...
I am so glad I don't participate in Facebook. Otherwise, and it's a scary thought, I might understand what this meant.

Of course, being a member and not ever getting any friends wouldn't be much fun either.
With this crowd you'd end up with a whole bunch of friends you don't know!

One guy is one of my favorite because he posts stuff he actually writes and doesn't just mindlessly hit the "share" button, and we spoke by pm and it turned out to be bumfmaster from the old days.

Don't start with the Candy Crush. Even knowing what that means won't do you any good. Run away before it gets you addicted as well!!!
Huh? What?

mellytu74

#10 Post by mellytu74 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:35 am

Vague Mini wrote:

One guy is one of my favorite because he posts stuff he actually writes and doesn't just mindlessly hit the "share" button, and we spoke by pm and it turned out to be bumfmaster from the old days.

Don't start with the Candy Crush. Even knowing what that means won't do you any good. Run away before it gets you addicted as well!!!
Sigh. Just sigh. The jellies, they are killing me.

Although the oozing Hershey bars are no fun, either.
Last edited by mellytu74 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jessie

#11 Post by Jessie » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:42 am

mellytu74 wrote:
Vague Mini wrote:

Sigh. Just sigh. The jellies, they are killing me.
I just started playing a few days ago and I feel your pain!!!
Winner of Sh&%house Rats Award 2010
Co-Winner of Sh&%house Rats Award 2014

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#12 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:56 am

Vague Mini wrote:

Facebook is evil!®

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

christie1111

#13 Post by christie1111 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:22 am

Found it!

tlynn78

#14 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:13 am

I am very grateful for this thread. I've received numerous invites for CCS and haven't yet succcumbed. This thread has reinforced my intention to continue my avoidance of that particular drug. I'm still stuck on Pinterest and WWF, and those two suck up far too much time, as it is.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Vague Mini
Merry Man

#15 Post by Vague Mini » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:30 am

tlynn78 wrote:I am very grateful for this thread. I've received numerous invites for CCS and haven't yet succcumbed. This thread has reinforced my intention to continue my avoidance of that particular drug. I'm still stuck on Pinterest and WWF, and those two suck up far too much time, as it is.

t.
But because of the Oozing Hersheys (that block your path) I know don't want to see another chocolate bar again in my life.

Words is even way more fun but you can't play alone at 3 am when the hot flashes wake you up and the snoring keeps you from falling back to sleep...
Huh? What?

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#16 Post by SportsFan68 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:35 am

tlynn78 wrote:I am very grateful for this thread. I've received numerous invites for CCS and haven't yet succcumbed. This thread has reinforced my intention to continue my avoidance of that particular drug. I'm still stuck on Pinterest and WWF, and those two suck up far too much time, as it is.

t.
Same here, except substitute Bejeweled for Pinterest -- I'd be a goner if I accepted any of those CCS invitations. It'd be Kill me now!!!
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

rayxtwo

#17 Post by rayxtwo » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:14 am

Vague Mini wrote:
Sistine Fanny wrote:

I'm so disappointed.....

It was the games. A veritable cornucopia of games. And the poker tables have a little chat box so you can meet people.

That innocent-looking mild-mannered christie sent me an invitation to play that Godforsaken Candy Crush Saga which is simultaneously irresistable and impossible. She is a crack pusher in her Facebook life. I was motoring along until I smashed into a brick wall I can't get past so I've taken a break for a few days. But I WILL prevail!!!
These games are like the Marbelz game in a past bored life.

Ray

christie1111

#18 Post by christie1111 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:32 am

I love Pinterest. That should come as a surprise to absolutely no one.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#19 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:55 pm

I also have avoided those games. It would be not a good thing for me to waste more time on.

HEY! Look up Pintester. It's a blog wherein the author (who is really an author) undertakes all the strange recipes and crafts and fucks them up so you don't have to. It is really funny. Sonja Foust is her name
Well, then

mellytu74

#20 Post by mellytu74 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:21 pm

I love Pinterest.

It's so much fun and I've gotten terrific and fun decorating ideas from following other people.

Jessie

#21 Post by Jessie » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:25 pm

mellytu74 wrote:I love Pinterest.

It's so much fun and I've gotten terrific and fun decorating ideas from following other people.
Ditto!
Winner of Sh&%house Rats Award 2010
Co-Winner of Sh&%house Rats Award 2014

tlynn78

#22 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:16 am

Beebs52 wrote:I also have avoided those games. It would be not a good thing for me to waste more time on.

HEY! Look up Pintester. It's a blog wherein the author (who is really an author) undertakes all the strange recipes and crafts and fucks them up so you don't have to. It is really funny. Sonja Foust is her name

I've seen that - hilarious. Some of it is good stuff, though. I've tweaked a few, like the Buckeye cupcakes, to make them work better.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire