Full Frontal Coast to Coast Tour

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
SolarEclipse
Merry Man

Full Frontal Coast to Coast Tour

#1 Post by SolarEclipse » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:02 am

Looking forward to y'all coming to see me on my 2017 Tour.

This year is very special. I've arrange for a full coast-to-coast tour, allowing my many fans the opportunity to see me in my full glory.

While most venues are sold out (have you tried to book a hotel room in one of my tour cities? You can't.) there are still many standing room only seats. And for those too cheap (or too busy) to come see the full show, most of you will get to see a pretty good sideshow from your own city.

I'm working with members of the, well I can't tell you because they are secretive about their powers, let's just call them "this group". Anyway, I'm working with this group to make sure the sky is clear on my entire route. They promise to make it rain in some areas the day before, to eliminate the atmospheric moisture that would tend to block my glory during my performance.

I hope to see you at the show! I know Cal will be there as I have a performance in his town. I'll also be in LB's town, but my performance is probably during his normal sleep time. I do hope he wakes up to watch. Holtdad will get good seats as well as I'm playing the full show in Lincoln. I'm a little disappointed with that Wellman chick as I planned 20 billion years to perform in Rigby, then she ups and moves to Alaska. I never go there.

For a complete list of venues and showtimes you can go here. You can also see the fabulous work my choreography team did. They prepared hundreds of animated shorts to help me get it right. Here is the animation for my side show in Gastonia. The WGAS crowd will be giving a s**t as I perform 98% of my show for them.

Oh, I almost forgot. To ensure my concession folks have enough trinkets and stuff on hand, could you please let me know if and where you will be watching my show? Supplies are limited but I want to make sure my Bored Buddies get the opportunity to buy some of my cheap crap.

I'm really sorry I couldn't book the great state of Texas on this tour, but I have managed two shows there in back to back years. One in 2023 and one in 2024. The 2023 show is a little ribald so you might want to cover your kids eyes as I'll be showing my anu..annular. I won't be fully covered as my friend the moon will be warming up for our 2024 Full Frontal show in Texas. BTW, TheConfessor has front row seats, though off to the side, for our 2024 show. I hope he comes and doesn't choose to scalp his tickets.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Full Frontal Coast to Coast Tour

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:13 am

I booked my hotel rooms in Boise nearly a year ago. I'm planning to drive from there to Lime, Oregon. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#3 Post by jarnon » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:14 am

I'll be looking out for you in S.C. Glad to hear about the good weather because it's a long trip for me.

I saw a 95% partial in NYC in 1970.
Last edited by jarnon on Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#4 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:34 am

I'm flying to Denver the Friday before and spending the weekend with my daughter and her husband. Then we plan on leaving about 5:00 in the morning and driving to a good viewing spot in Wyoming or Nebraska (4 hour drive arc from Westminster, CO) depending on weather. I'm glad to hear you're working with "the group" to have clear skies everywhere.

Right now, I'm partial to watching at Glendo State Park in Wyoming. It is dead center for your show.

For my viewing, I made this purchase: Meade 10x50 EclipseView Binocular with Solar Filters. Cheaper than Amazon, no sales tax, free expedited shipping and a bonus of 5 free viewing shades, though it looks like the bonus shades no longer come free with purchase of the binoculars.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#5 Post by littlebeast13 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:22 am

SolarEclipse wrote:I'll also be in LB's town, but my performance is probably during his normal sleep time. I do hope he wakes up to watch.
Well, since I've known about this eclipse since I was a kid, I certainly don't plan on missing it. I'm actually just a few miles north of the path of totality (if I looked at the map right last time I saw it), but that's good enough for me. We were directly in the path of the 1994 annular. Unfortunately, that's also the last time I saw the welder's lenses my Dad had that we used to not only look at the eclipse (Naysayers be damned!), but get a halfway decent video of it on our camcorder at the time (I still have the tape)...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

bazodee

#6 Post by bazodee » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:46 am

I'll drive about an hour and a half north of Atlanta to watch in totality in Murphy, North Carolina

silverscreenselect

#7 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:51 am

It's about a two-hour drive to the NE Georgia mountains where they will have a pretty good look at the eclipse. I'm thinking about going (we had an annular eclipse in 1984 that passed right over downtown Atlanta where I was working at the time.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#8 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:21 pm

littlebeast13 wrote: We were directly in the path of the 1994 annular.
I was living in Wichita at the time. We were on the edge of the max coverage band at 94% covered lasting about 2 1/2 minutes. I was unprepared for viewing just having to observe the darkness, taking quick 1/4 second looks at the sun, and listen to the confused birds chirping.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

earendel

#9 Post by earendel » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:05 pm

elwing and I are heading to Hopkinsville, KY.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

triviawayne

#10 Post by triviawayne » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:04 pm

I think I'm in the 80% area, and like for most celestial events, I'm sure it will be overcast and possibly raining that day.

There was one in about 1994 that was good conditions here, so that was a surprise.

BackInTex

#11 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:13 pm

The Motel 6 in Sidney, NE has a few rooms left. $1,008.00 for the night of the 20th.

They can turn the lights out. I'm not coming.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

bazodee

#12 Post by bazodee » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:53 pm

Burglars are going to hit the jackpot on that day.

I don't think posting your location here presents any risk, but I certainly wouldn't advertise on Facebook that I'm going to be away from the house and out of town.

BackInTex

#13 Post by BackInTex » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:32 pm

bazodee wrote:Burglars are going to hit the jackpot on that day.

I don't think posting your location here presents any risk, but I certainly wouldn't advertise on Facebook that I'm going to be away from the house and out of town.
My wife, son, m-i-l, dog, and Beretta will be staying, so I'm not worried. But your point is valid. I council my kids on posting about vacation stuff, but most of the time we have a house sitter (for the pets) so the house is rarely left unattended. Plus my neighbors watch out for us as well.

Note: Within 2 days of my f-i-l's obit being posted, someone had replacement Chase credit card sent to the in Arkansas. So yes, the crooks are looking.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

gsabc

#14 Post by gsabc » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:47 pm

I'll be with BD and family in Fort Campbell KY, right in the path of near maximum totality duration and where SIL is currently based. Even if the weather doesn't cooperate for the eclipse, I still get a week with the grandkids. Can't lose either way. GW will be staying home with the four-legged children and our police officer neighbors.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

plasticene

#15 Post by plasticene » Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:19 pm

On May 25 in the early afternoon, a friend posted on Facebook that she had known about this eclipse since middle school, and she was dismayed that she hadn't done anything at all in the intervening years to plan a viewing.

By the end of the day, a group of 14 friends had organized a Scrabble tournament in Nashville in the weekend leading up to the eclipse, a house had been rented through Airbnb for us all to stay and play in, beds and air mattresses had been allocated, eclipse glasses had been ordered, and most of us already had flights booked. If someone hadn't taken the initiative, I would definitely be on the outside looking in!

TheConfessor

#16 Post by TheConfessor » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:14 pm

SolarEclipse wrote: I'm really sorry I couldn't book the great state of Texas on this tour, but I have managed two shows there in back to back years. One in 2023 and one in 2024. The 2023 show is a little ribald so you might want to cover your kids eyes as I'll be showing my anu..annular. I won't be fully covered as my friend the moon will be warming up for our 2024 Full Frontal show in Texas. BTW, TheConfessor has front row seats, though off to the side, for our 2024 show. I hope he comes and doesn't choose to scalp his tickets.
Aw, it's nice of you to think about me and want me to be there for your big day. I'll be spending a few days in Louisville, then driving a couple hours south to somewhere between Bowling Green and Nashville, where I should be able to experience nearly 2 minutes and 40 seconds of totality. I just hope for good weather. It will be a rehearsal for the 2024 eclipse in Texas, which will last more than 4 minutes. I already have my Celestron eclipse glasses.

I don't know why everyone thinks they need to go to Hopkinsville. It's near the point of maximum eclipse duration, but there are thousands of square miles that will have at least 2.5 minutes of totality. I know that lots of schools, churches, etc. in the path are taking paid reservations for their parking lots, and I think my sister already booked a spot in Hopkinsville so I might join here there, but really, you can go almost anywhere nearby for free and get the same or better experience. I think a lot of people are mostly looking forward to attending a big tailgate party.

TheConfessor

#17 Post by TheConfessor » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:42 pm

SolarEclipse wrote: I hope to see you at the show! I know Cal will be there as I have a performance in his town. I'll also be in LB's town, but my performance is probably during his normal sleep time. I do hope he wakes up to watch. Holtdad will get good seats as well as I'm playing the full show in Lincoln. I'm a little disappointed with that Wellman chick as I planned 20 billion years to perform in Rigby, then she ups and moves to Alaska. I never go there.
I was wondering if this is true, that total eclipses never happen in Alaska. Apparently it's not true.
https://astronomy.stackexchange.com/que ... ar-eclipse

Bob Juch

#18 Post by Bob Juch » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:55 pm

That's the only reason I'm sorry I don't still live in the Carolinas.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

kroxquo

#19 Post by kroxquo » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:30 pm

We booked a house in South Carolina for family coming in from all over the country. My grandfather took me to the total in Nova Scotia in 1972 and said the next one would be in 2017. I've been waiting 45 years fro this.
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#20 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:39 pm

kroxquo wrote:My grandfather took me to the total in Nova Scotia in 1972 and said the next one would be in 2017.

You're so vain....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#21 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:55 pm

kroxquo wrote:We booked a house in South Carolina for family coming in from all over the country. My grandfather took me to the total in Nova Scotia in 1972 and said the next one would be in 2017. I've been waiting 45 years fro this.
I have personal knowledge that he was wrong. I saw the 1994 total solar from eastern Washington, not all that far (I'm guessing 150 miles or so) from where I'm hoping to see this one in three weeks. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#22 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:02 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
kroxquo wrote:We booked a house in South Carolina for family coming in from all over the country. My grandfather took me to the total in Nova Scotia in 1972 and said the next one would be in 2017. I've been waiting 45 years fro this.
I have personal knowledge that he was wrong. I saw the 1994 total solar from eastern Washington, not all that far (I'm guessing 150 miles or so) from where I'm hoping to see this one in three weeks. --Bob

The February 1979 eclipse was the last total over the US, and I think the one you were referring to. The 1994 eclipse was annular...

lb13

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#23 Post by Bob78164 » Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:08 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

The February 1979 eclipse was the last total over the US, and I think the one you were referring to. The 1994 eclipse was annular...

lb13
That's correct. It was during my freshman year at college, which somehow I managed to confuse with my first year as a lawyer. --Bob

ghostjmf

#24 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:53 pm

testing

themanintheseersuckersuit

#25 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:56 am

I'll be near Pawley's Island SC. Schools in SC are closed that day
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.