Real-Life Threesome Joke and Big Bang Theory

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Real-Life Threesome Joke and Big Bang Theory

#1 Post by Spock » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:14 pm

Politician in Canada gets called on the carpet for a bad threesome joke and gets called on the carpet for it maybe rightly so, maybe not.

http://nationalpost.com/news/politics/l ... -in-nature

Gee , maybe he is just a fan of one the most highly-praised and awarded comedies of all time-"The Big Bang Theory" which has made hundreds (maybe thousands?) of 3-some jokes over its run and he thought it was OK.

I would love to watch "BBT" with my math/science loving daughter, but the unneccesary raunchiness precludes that.

Spock

Re: Real-Life Threesome Joke and Big Bang Theory

#2 Post by Spock » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:44 pm

Same thing goes for "The Ranch" on Netflix. I love that show except for the over-the-top raunchiness.

Danny Masterson got fired from the show for rape-or whatever the deal was-can't keep all these straight anymore.

A running gag throughout the show has been what a "perv" his character-ie sexually assaulting passed out women, etc etc-you name it-he's done it.

And everybody thinks its funny as hell. But TV doesn't coarsen the culture at all, does it? Its all fine and dandy-just a joke.

Its gonna be kind of hard to laugh at these gags when Season 4 drops in a couple days, with Masterson's character intact for the season-a little too close to reality, obviously.

silverscreenselect

#3 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:59 pm

Spock wrote: A running gag throughout the show has been what a "perv" his character-ie sexually assaulting passed out women, etc etc-you name it-he's done it.

And everybody thinks its funny as hell. But TV doesn't coarsen the culture at all, does it? Its all fine and dandy-just a joke.
This has nothing to do with TV. People have long found humor in exaggerating serious things that no one would laugh about if they were actually happening.

Kids watched Punch and Judy puppets but I doubt they would have been laughing to see people beat each other up in real life in the same manner. In the same manner, people laughed at the Three Stooges, although seeing some of that mayhem actually occur probably wouldn't strike many people as funny.

Last Saturday night, SNL ran an updated version of the classic Dan Aykroyd/Julia Child ski only this time, James Franco cut his fingers off in a paper cutter and was bleeding all over the place. I doubt people would actually be laughing if they saw this happen at an actual department store, but here it was funny.

I've seen The Ranch and the jokes about Masterson's escapades were never intended to be taken seriously. Obviously, what he actually is accused of doing sheds a different light on the subject.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#4 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:29 pm

Spock wrote:Politician in Canada gets called on the carpet for a bad threesome joke and gets called on the carpet for it maybe rightly so, maybe not.

Gee , maybe he is just a fan of one the most highly-praised and awarded comedies of all time-"The Big Bang Theory" which has made hundreds (maybe thousands?) of 3-some jokes over its run and he thought it was OK.

I would love to watch "BBT" with my math/science loving daughter, but the unneccesary raunchiness precludes that.
I've really never thought of The Big Bang Theory, which airs at 8:00 p.m., as raunchy. And as someone who's watched every episode, I can't bring to mind even a single "threesome" joke from the show. The closest I can remember them coming to that is the continuing gag about Raj playing the "other guy" in Howard and Bernadette's marriage. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Spock

#5 Post by Spock » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:32 pm

>>>I've seen The Ranch and the jokes about Masterson's escapades were never intended to be taken seriously. Obviously, what he actually is accused of doing sheds a different light on the subject.[/quote]<<

I get lost on where we are supposed to be here. In real life, if I tell a raunchy joke about sexual assault that is not intended to be taken seriously, everybody would be OK with that?

Spock

#6 Post by Spock » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:43 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Spock wrote:Politician in Canada gets called on the carpet for a bad threesome joke and gets called on the carpet for it maybe rightly so, maybe not.

I've really never thought of The Big Bang Theory, which airs at 8:00 p.m., as raunchy. And as someone who's watched every episode, I can't bring to mind even a single "threesome" joke from the show. The closest I can remember them coming to that is the continuing gag about Raj playing the "other guy" in Howard and Bernadette's marriage. --Bob
Just off the top of my head-there was a joke about Howard/Raj having a 3-some with some character at comic-con?-that may or may not have turned out to be a guy?

The early years of the show,especially, were pretty heavy on Howard/Raj "3-some" jokes.

As far as BBT being raunchy IIRC, when the guys first met Penny, they went online and found a sex/nude video of her (or something like that). Are jokes about sex/nude tapes raunchy?

There are endless jokes about Penny's promiscuity. Are jokes about promiscuity raunchy or not?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#7 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:58 pm

Spock wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:

Just off the top of my head-there was a joke about Howard/Raj having a 3-some with some character at comic-con?-that may or may not have turned out to be a guy?

The early years of the show,especially, were pretty heavy on Howard/Raj "3-some" jokes.

As far as BBT being raunchy IIRC, when the guys first met Penny, they went online and found a sex/nude video of her (or something like that). Are jokes about sex/nude tapes raunchy?

There are endless jokes about Penny's promiscuity. Are jokes about promiscuity raunchy or not?
I guess where you see promiscuity, I see a healthily sexually active lifestyle. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Spock

#8 Post by Spock » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:19 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Spock wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:I've really never thought of The Big Bang Theory, which airs at 8:00 p.m., as raunchy. And as someone who's watched every episode, I can't bring to mind even a single "threesome" joke from the show. The closest I can remember them coming to that is the continuing gag about Raj playing the "other guy" in Howard and Bernadette's marriage. --Bob

I guess where you see promiscuity, I see a healthily sexually active lifestyle. --Bob
So, in real life, as far as you are concerned, it would be OK to joke about a co-worker's "sexually active lifestyle" in an approving fashion?

Could somebody compare a co-worker's notch count to Penny's? No harm, no foul, right?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#9 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:30 pm

Spock wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Spock wrote:

So, in real life, as far as you are concerned, it would be OK to joke about a co-worker's "sexually active lifestyle" in an approving fashion?

Could somebody compare a co-worker's notch count to Penny's? No harm, no foul, right?
There are many things that are (or at least can be) appropriate among friends that are not appropriate among co-workers. This is one of them. --Bob

BackInTex

#10 Post by BackInTex » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:57 pm

silverscreenselect wrote: Last Saturday night, SNL ran an updated version of the classic Dan Aykroyd/Julia Child ski only this time, James Franco cut his fingers off in a paper cutter and was bleeding all over the place. I doubt people would actually be laughing if they saw this happen at an actual department store, but here it was funny.
No it wasn't funny in the least. My cat could write better comedy.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Estonut
Evil Genius

#11 Post by Estonut » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:59 pm

Bob78164 wrote:

I've really never thought of The Big Bang Theory, which airs at 8:00 p.m., as raunchy. And as someone who's watched every episode, I can't bring to mind even a single "threesome" joke from the show. The closest I can remember them coming to that is the continuing gag about Raj playing the "other guy" in Howard and Bernadette's marriage.
Without looking it up, I specifically recall an episode with Judy Greer as a guest star, where she came to visit her pen-pal Sheldon and stayed with him, but slept with Leonard. Later, she comes on to Raj and then invites Howard in for a threesome when he comes over to Raj's place.

Coincidentally, she also played Phil's hot-to-trot ex-girlfriend on Modern Family in an episode a few months apart from the one on TBBT.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

silverscreenselect

#12 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:26 pm

BackInTex wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote: Last Saturday night, SNL ran an updated version of the classic Dan Aykroyd/Julia Child ski only this time, James Franco cut his fingers off in a paper cutter and was bleeding all over the place. I doubt people would actually be laughing if they saw this happen at an actual department store, but here it was funny.
No it wasn't funny in the least. My cat could write better comedy.
I thought it was funny. It was Franco's cheerful attitude that sold it for me.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Spock

#13 Post by Spock » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:27 pm

Bob#s>>>"I guess where you see promiscuity, I see a healthily sexually active lifestyle. --Bob<<<

Chuckling a bit at the characterization of Penny's history as "healthily" (In any sense of the term). I think we can all agree that she may not have always practiced safe sex in her past.

Obviously, STD's don't exist in sitcom world. However, in real life, a "Penny" would likely be dragging a bug (or 3) along with her by this point in her life. You might want to think twice before you hit that.

Bob Juch

#14 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:12 pm

Spock wrote:Bob#s>>>"I guess where you see promiscuity, I see a healthily sexually active lifestyle. --Bob<<<

Chuckling a bit at the characterization of Penny's history as "healthily" (In any sense of the term). I think we can all agree that she may not have always practiced safe sex in her past.

Obviously, STD's don't exist in sitcom world. However, in real life, a "Penny" would likely be dragging a bug (or 3) along with her by this point in her life. You might want to think twice before you hit that.
Someone's not heard of condoms.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#15 Post by Estonut » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:48 pm

Spock wrote:Bob#s>>>"I guess where you see promiscuity, I see a healthily sexually active lifestyle. --Bob<<<

I don't recall them ever even HINTING that she hadn't practiced safe sex. I think your blonde bias is showing.
Groucho Marx

BackInTex

#16 Post by BackInTex » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:11 pm

Estonut wrote:

I don't recall them ever even HINTING that she hadn't practiced safe sex. I think your blonde bias is showing.
They didn't hint that she did, either.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#17 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:21 pm

It just seems to me that the whole world, or at least the few that somehow get to define what is offensive in what situation, has (or have) become very anal retentive.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#18 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:39 am

BackInTex wrote:
Estonut wrote:

Sure they did. She has no history of STDs. --Bob

Estonut
Evil Genius

#19 Post by Estonut » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:28 am

Bob78164 wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
Estonut wrote:I don't recall them ever even HINTING that she hadn't practiced safe sex. I think your blonde bias is showing.
Sure they did. She has no history of STDs.
Nor pregnancies. Nor children.
Groucho Marx

BackInTex

#20 Post by BackInTex » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:02 am

Bob78164 wrote: They didn't hint that she did, either.
Sure they did. She has no history of STDs. --Bob[/quote]

Has that been discussed? That she's never had a STD?
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#21 Post by BackInTex » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:03 am

Estonut wrote:Nor pregnancies. Nor children.
We don't know that.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

ghostjmf

#22 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:12 am

If Spock & others don't want their kids watching shows with bawdy jokes & promiscuous characters, that's parental control.

Same kind of control that should be exercised toward what they say, at work, to their employees & co-workers. If you don't want your kids hearing it, your employees & co-workers probably don't want to hear it at work either.

BackInTex

#23 Post by BackInTex » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:53 am

ghostjmf wrote:If you don't want your kids hearing it, your employees & co-workers probably don't want to hear it at work either.
Not bad advice.

Similarly, if you wouldn't do it or say it with your wife, mother, or pastor standing next to you, don't do it.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#24 Post by littlebeast13 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:07 am

BackInTex wrote:Similarly, if you wouldn't do it or say it with your wife, mother, or pastor standing next to you, don't do it.

Why even go on living?

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

ghostjmf

#25 Post by ghostjmf » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:30 am

Weeel, if you're all alone in a room with your wife, husband &/or the eighteen-or-whatever-some of your choice, & you're not at work, you can say or do whatever. Unless one or more of them says "STOP".