Anyone taped an episode and still haven't heard a thing?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
kaw92

Anyone taped an episode and still haven't heard a thing?

#1 Post by kaw92 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:41 pm

Hi folks, I taped a wwtbam episode (or maybe two) back in June 2017 and haven't heard a single word from production since. I realize that the most likely scenario is that fate and chance and tptb have slated me into one of the final couple weeks of the season and haven't reached out yet, but, you all know how it is. With every day I worry maybe I broke some rule or criticized mickey mouse onstage and they spiked my episode and aren't broadcasting it or paying me and i'm going straight to hell when I die. All that stuff.

Just wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation or has been, and has any knowledge to impart. Thanks!

triviawayne

Re: Anyone taped an episode and still haven't heard a thing?

#2 Post by triviawayne » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:45 am

kaw92 wrote:Hi folks, I taped a wwtbam episode (or maybe two) back in June 2017 and haven't heard a single word from production since. I realize that the most likely scenario is that fate and chance and tptb have slated me into one of the final couple weeks of the season and haven't reached out yet, but, you all know how it is. With every day I worry maybe I broke some rule or criticized mickey mouse onstage and they spiked my episode and aren't broadcasting it or paying me and i'm going straight to hell when I die. All that stuff.

Just wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation or has been, and has any knowledge to impart. Thanks!
I know someone who is still waiting as well, and have heard of a few others.

themanintheseersuckersuit

#3 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:45 am

I'm still waiting for the call to tape the Halloween Show

(its only been 9 years)
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

kerryoakie

#4 Post by kerryoakie » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:03 am

My episode aired the final week of season 15 (May 29th) and I received the email on Sunday the 21st. I know how you feel about the waiting game, but it should be over in about a month!

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:15 pm

kaw92 wrote:Hi folks, I taped a wwtbam episode (or maybe two) back in June 2017 and haven't heard a single word from production since. I realize that the most likely scenario is that fate and chance and tptb have slated me into one of the final couple weeks of the season and haven't reached out yet, but, you all know how it is. With every day I worry maybe I broke some rule or criticized mickey mouse onstage and they spiked my episode and aren't broadcasting it or paying me and i'm going straight to hell when I die. All that stuff.

Wow, that really sucks. Hopefully you'll hear something soon. There used to be people around here that had a contact for one or more of the APs, but that may not be the case any longer.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

kaw92

#6 Post by kaw92 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:38 pm

Alright, folks, thanks for the input. I'm not in next week's preview, so... another week of staring at the phone!