You Might Want to Hold Off on Nobel Peace Prize

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Re: You Might Want to Hold Off on Nobel Peace Prize

#226 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:39 pm

frogman042 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
frogman042 wrote: Please list at least 5 politicians that are advocating open borders - that is a strawman and you know it. As far as I can tell, the reason it has happened for so long is the free market system where many companies like the ability to draw on cheap labor that the immigrants provided and being able to take advantage of their vulnerability because they were able to exploit their tenuous status. Is it not reasonable to think that the reason politicians haven't tried to reform the immigration policy is in a large part due to the clout these businesses have and their desire not to have to deal with these workers legally when they benefit so much more if they are undocumented?
Every politician who is not working feverishly to close the borders to illegal immigration is supporting open borders. For whatever reason. Whether they do it to please big corporate donors or to build the underclass in hope of more votes. We cannot possibly deal with the millions of illegal aliens here already without making sure we don't keep getting new ones. It's time to stop the posturing and either fix the system that is broken or enforce the system that is in place. But whatever, it's up to Congress.
So you can't name any politician that is actively supporting open borders - got it.

Your response of:
Every politician who is not working feverishly to close the borders to illegal immigration is supporting open borders. For whatever reason.
can be rewritten as:
Every politician who is not working feverishly to prevent every single driver from exceeding the speed limit is supporting having no speed limits on our nations highways. For whatever reason.
Is that 2nd version logical to you? If not, then neither is your example.

Of course, since we are at record unemployment, the economy is strong and America is the greatest country in the world - even with the existence of millions of undocumented aliens - I'm curious how you would back up you claim that 'we cannot possibly deal with the millions of illegal aliens here already' - it looks like we are somehow managing to deal with it.

Again - here is a challenge - show that the cost to America for these undocumented aliens is significantly greater, in terms of lost of lives, bodily injury, financially (loss of income, GDP, families, etc) than the loss due to accidents caused by those breaking the speed limit laws. Which is the bigger problem and which should be more aggressively addressed? There are many issues that we as Americans should be dealing with - I would like to see the data points to illegal immigration as being as one of the most severe and that it needs to be at or near the top of the list.
You win. I'm not going to engage in such a silly debate. You need to run for Congress. You would feel very at home there.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#227 Post by Beebs52 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:31 pm

a1mamacat wrote:
jarnon wrote:Canada won't allow that. Le Canada ne le permettra pas.

Illegal border crossings are not, and will not, be tolerated: Goodale
Why don't we hear this mantra from the left? "All the civilized, first world countries have strict border controls, except the US."
None of the civilized first world countries, except the US, cruelly separate minor children from their parents and place them in different detention centers.

Canada is also reviewing whether or not the US can be considered a "safe third country" any longer.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada ... -1.4711030
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thegua ... nder-trump
Well, then

Bob Juch

#228 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:52 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
a1mamacat wrote:
Why don't we hear this mantra from the left? "All the civilized, first world countries have strict border controls, except the US."
None of the civilized first world countries, except the US, cruelly separate minor children from their parents and place them in different detention centers.

Canada is also reviewing whether or not the US can be considered a "safe third country" any longer.

I have to wonder if they were from European ancestry instead of Nigerians if they'd be more welcome.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

a1mamacat

#229 Post by a1mamacat » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:11 pm

Beebs52 wrote:
a1mamacat wrote:

Here’s how Canada deals with migrant parents, children and detention

https://globalnews.ca/news/4283134/cana ... detention/
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

BackInTex

#230 Post by BackInTex » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:34 pm

a1mamacat wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
a1mamacat wrote:

Do you know the stats of illegal immigrant families trying to get in Canada vs the US?
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

a1mamacat

#231 Post by a1mamacat » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:41 pm

BackInTex wrote:
a1mamacat wrote:

Do you know the stats of illegal immigrant families trying to get in Canada vs the US?
Humanity in not a stat. Children are not stats. Compassion is not a stat.

Deport them back to terror if you must, but stop inflicting more on them. America has ceded is right to claim the moral high ground.
Lover of Soft Animals and Fine Art
1st annual international BBBL Champeeeeen!

flockofseagulls104

#232 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:01 am

a1mamacat wrote:
BackInTex wrote:
a1mamacat wrote:

Humanity in not a stat. Children are not stats. Compassion is not a stat.

Deport them back to terror if you must, but stop inflicting more on them. America has ceded is right to claim the moral high ground.
Laura Ingraham reported that there used to be 3 Family Detention Centers so that people with children who illegally crossed into our country could be detained together without separation. But some activist groups brought a lawsuit and a judge ordered these facilities to be closed. I checked (as I usually do to verify reports I hadn't heard of before) and found this verification from NPR. The Obama administration opposed the judge's decision, to their credit, but apparently, they were closed.

https://www.npr.org/2015/07/27/42667430 ... ould-close
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

jarnon

#233 Post by jarnon » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:47 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:Laura Ingraham reported that there used to be 3 Family Detention Centers so that people with children who illegally crossed into our country could be detained together without separation. But some activist groups brought a lawsuit and a judge ordered these facilities to be closed. I checked (as I usually do to verify reports I hadn't heard of before) and found this verification from NPR. The Obama administration opposed the judge's decision, to their credit, but apparently, they were closed.

https://www.npr.org/2015/07/27/42667430 ... ould-close
The judge didn’t say that any detention facility is illegal and asylum seekers must be released. Sounds like the problems in those camps were due to overcrowding. There are humane ways to handle this situation.

I’m annoyed when I hear that separating families is an effective deterrent, or the parents are to blame because they broke the law. Cruel and unusual punishment is prohibited no matter what. Show some humanity, for God’s sake!
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

BackInTex

#234 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:00 am

a1mamacat wrote: Humanity in not a stat. Children are not stats. Compassion is not a stat.

If that is how you and Canada feel, please send your buses to McAllen, TX to pick up your new residents.

But you won't.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#235 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:07 am

BackInTex wrote:
a1mamacat wrote: Humanity in not a stat. Children are not stats. Compassion is not a stat.

If that is how you and Canada feel, please send your buses to McAllen, TX to pick up your new residents.

But you won't.
Of course they won't; they'd rather we 'deport them back to terror.' That way they don't have to do anything but clutch their pearls and claim the moral high ground.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#236 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:31 am

jarnon wrote:I’m annoyed when I hear that separating families is an effective deterrent . . . .
It's not even true. Many of these parents are fleeing from such horrific situations that it's still worth it to them to try, and that's what's been happening. So not only is our government committing acts of unspeakable cruelty against innocent kids, like most things Donny does, it's not even accomplishing its goals. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#237 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:34 am

Bob78164 wrote: it's not even accomplishing its goals. --Bob
On the contrary; it does accomplish his goal of firing up his base.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#238 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:47 am

From the Washington Post.
Janelle Wong wrote:My research indicates white evangelical conservatism correlates strongly with their perceptions [of] anti-white discrimination, even after taking into account economic status, party, age and region. Fully 50 percent of white evangelical respondents to our 2016 survey reported feeling they face discrimination that’s comparable to, or even higher than, the discrimination they believe Muslim Americans face. . . .

Here’s what is not behind these beliefs: economic anxiety. Like PRRI and political scientist Diana Mutz, I find economic anxiety isn’t a primary reason for supporting Trump. Rather, white evangelicals fear losing racial status.
This would appear to explain why so many people are willing to countenance these acts of cruelty, and why they're impervious to facts showing that immigration really isn't a big economic problem here (to the contrary, there aren't enough native-born citizens being born to fill our needs so we need immigrants, and are going to need more), and why they will also be impervious to facts demonstrating that the policy doesn't even accomplish its goal of slowing refugees fleeing domestic violence and gang violence with their kids.

These findings have an important political consequence. In my experience, when people are driven by fear, there's simply no reasoning with them. They'll never compromise and they'll never bargain on these issues. So the only thing left to do is to politically bulldoze them so that they lack the power to use the government to act on those fears. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#239 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:23 am

Bob78164 wrote:In my experience, when people are driven by fear, there's simply no reasoning with them.
That is something we can agree on and the media is pumping fear into the liberal base, day after day after day, ever since the election. You see the fear in the liberals' eyes, we saw them crying in the street. You see their mouth pieces (CNN, MSNBC, NBC, etc.) using words like "torture" and phrases like "ripping babies from their mother's arms" selling nothing but fear. As a result you see unreasonable actions such as guys trying to shoot Republican congress men playing a baseball game, women wearing vaginas on their heads, comedians holding severed heads, city council women attacking teenage girls for wearing Trump t-shirts...and I could go on.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#240 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:26 am

BackInTex wrote: the media is pumping fear into the liberal base,
The media doesn't have to pump fear into the liberal base. Trump does that every day through his exact words. And it's not just the "liberal base" that's turned against Trump. It's essentially everyone except his hardcore supporters. And Putin. And maybe Kim.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#241 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:43 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
BackInTex wrote: the media is pumping fear into the liberal base,
And it's not just the "liberal base" that's turned against Trump. It's essentially everyone except his hardcore supporters. And Putin. And maybe Kim.
Really? Gallop says otherwise.

Trump Job Approval at 45%, Tying Personal Best
~~ Thomas Jefferson

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#242 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:50 am

Politico reports that the Administration is preparing to end family separation. By executive action. No legislation needed. So much for Donny's claims that it was all Congress's fault, or the Democrats' fault. It turns out he could have ended the policy of ripping kids from their parents' arms any time he wanted to.

Thanks to public outcry, now he wants to. He'll try to spin it as something he wanted to do all along, but the reality is that Donny had his hand forced by the fundamental decency of the American people and our willingness to stand up and say, "This is wrong and we won't permit our government to do it in our names." --Bob

tlynn78

#243 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:00 am

Bob78164 wrote:Politico reports that the Administration is preparing to end family separation. By executive action. No legislation needed. So much for Donny's claims that it was all Congress's fault, or the Democrats' fault. It turns out he could have ended the policy of ripping kids from their parents' arms any time he wanted to.

Thanks to public outcry, now he wants to. He'll try to spin it as something he wanted to do all along, but the reality is that Donny had his hand forced by the fundamental decency of the American people and our willingness to stand up and say, "This is wrong and we won't permit our government to do it in our names." --Bob
I'm curious Bob, when you were sworn in to the CA Bar, did you swear to only uphold those laws with which you agree?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

BackInTex

#244 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:00 am

Bob78164 wrote:ripping kids from their parents' arms
There you go again.

The only children being ripped from there parents are the ones at Planned Parenthood and similar facilities.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#245 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:08 am

Bob78164 wrote:Politico reports that the Administration is preparing to end family separation. --Bob
Oh no! What will Nancy and Chuck use next to whip up their sheep, and distract from record low unemployment, bustling economy, the closest thing to peace on the Korean peninsula we've seen in decades? How dare Trump do just what people have been demanding of him!

BackInTex

#246 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:24 am

tlynn78 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Politico reports that the Administration is preparing to end family separation. --Bob
Oh no! What will Nancy and Chuck use next to whip up their sheep, and distract from record low unemployment, bustling economy, the closest thing to peace on the Korean peninsula we've seen in decades? How dare Trump do just what people have been demanding of him!
Don't forget the Inspector General's report being ripped apart by Congress. Trey Gowdy tore Horowitz a new one yesterday.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

BackInTex

#247 Post by BackInTex » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:35 am

What I hope Trump signs today:

Forcing the parents with children who enter illegally to be deported immediately. Right now, the parents who enter illegally have a choice; be deported with your children or be placed in custody and have the children held separately. This will solve the problem of children being separated. That IS the only problem, right?

There is a legal alternative for the parents. They are just not choosing it. Maybe because the marketing literature sent them from the previous administration on how to "get into this country" was not pushing legal entry.

What really is happening

Legal asylum seekers are NOT being separated from their children.

Parents who's children are being separated (because they chose to enter illegally) ARE MAKING THAT CHOICE (to be separated from their children) rather than being deported immediately.
Immigrants who come to points of entry to seek asylum aren’t actually illegally in the country – they’re not arrested. They’re processed through ICE, and their children stay with them. If, however, illegal immigrants cross the border illegally, the Trump administration now treats them as criminals. If they choose deportation, they aren’t separated from their kids; if they choose to apply for asylum, they stay in the country longer than 20 days, and their kids have to be removed by operation of law.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

tlynn78

#248 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:38 am

BackInTex wrote:What I hope Trump signs today:

Forcing the parents with children who enter illegally to be deported immediately. Right now, the parents who enter illegally have a choice; be deported with your children or be placed in custody and have the children held separately. This will solve the problem of children being separated. That IS the only problem, right?

There is a legal alternative for the parents. They are just not choosing it. Maybe because the marketing literature sent them from the previous administration on how to "get into this country" was not pushing legal entry.

What really is happening

Legal asylum seekers are NOT being separated from their children.

Parents who's children are being separated (because they chose to enter illegally) ARE MAKING THAT CHOICE (to be separated from their children) rather than being deported immediately.
Immigrants who come to points of entry to seek asylum aren’t actually illegally in the country – they’re not arrested. They’re processed through ICE, and their children stay with them. If, however, illegal immigrants cross the border illegally, the Trump administration now treats them as criminals. If they choose deportation, they aren’t separated from their kids; if they choose to apply for asylum, they stay in the country longer than 20 days, and their kids have to be removed by operation of law.
Facts have no place in this, BiT - all emotion, all the time. No facts allowed.

jarnon

#249 Post by jarnon » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:48 am

tlynn78 wrote:Immigrants who come to points of entry to seek asylum aren’t actually illegally in the country – they’re not arrested. They’re processed through ICE, and their children stay with them. If, however, illegal immigrants cross the border illegally, the Trump administration now treats them as criminals. If they choose deportation, they aren’t separated from their kids; if they choose to apply for asylum, they stay in the country longer than 20 days, and their kids have to be removed by operation of law.
Watch the U.S. Turn Away Asylum Seekers at the Border

Anything Trump does is just a band-aid. The legal entry points are overwhelmed, as is the immigration judicial system. Congress should provide resources to accept and detain asylum seekers, to decide their cases more quickly, and to make it possible to keep families together longer than 20 days if necessary.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

tlynn78

#250 Post by tlynn78 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:06 pm

jarnon wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:Immigrants who come to points of entry to seek asylum aren’t actually illegally in the country – they’re not arrested. They’re processed through ICE, and their children stay with them. If, however, illegal immigrants cross the border illegally, the Trump administration now treats them as criminals. If they choose deportation, they aren’t separated from their kids; if they choose to apply for asylum, they stay in the country longer than 20 days, and their kids have to be removed by operation of law.
Watch the U.S. Turn Away Asylum Seekers at the Border

Anything Trump does is just a band-aid. The legal entry points are overwhelmed, as is the immigration judicial system. Congress should provide resources to accept and detain asylum seekers, to decide their cases more quickly, and to make it possible to keep families together longer than 20 days if necessary.
I agree with what you say here, but that's BiT's quote, not mine.