Tacoma billboard warns of Nazi neighbors

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
lilclyde54

Re: Tacoma billboard warns of Nazi neighbors

#26 Post by lilclyde54 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:18 pm

I had an old Big Bang rerun on this afternoon. Sheldon was trying to get Levar Burton to guest star on an episode of his "Fun with Flags" show. He made some comment about Levar having some kind of German heritage and then asked if he would mind dressing up as a swastika for the show. Do you think Sheldon and Levar might be involved with these Tacoma "Nazis"?

It makes about as much sense as some of the other things I have read in this thread.
I felt the change

Time meant nothing and never would again

flockofseagulls104

#27 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:49 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
tlynn78 wrote:Not this one. Hillary is why Trump won Florida, and a number of other key states. You and your fellow rabids simply cannot accept the fact that your candidate was considered more flawed than even a problematic Trump, to the point that voters in those key states, who apparently voted Dem for the two previous presidential election, couldn't stomach her.
Just curious, but aren't you just a little bit concerned about all the Russian activity that has been uncovered in regard to the election, or do you just consider that more fake news and sour grapes?
SSS,

Stop tying this to Secretary Clinton's loss. You're just enabling whataboutism.

Here's the issue. A hostile foreign government directly intervened in our elections, even going so far as to attempt to directly interfere with our election infrastructure. That same hostile foreign government is continuing and amplifying its efforts. The hostile government's favored candidate won and is taking official actions that directly support long-held foreign policy goals of the hostile foreign power, actions that are having and will continue to have an obvious long-term deleterious effect on the interests of the United States.

The hostile government's favored candidate (now the incumbent) is doing as little as he can get away with to interdict the hostile foreign government's efforts to interfere in future U.S. elections, has refused to implement sanctions against the hostile foreign government that passed Congress by a veto-proof majority, and is about to meet privately with the hostile foreign government's leader.

The hostile foreign government's influence operations have succeeded to such an extent that it has essentially captured one of our country's two major parties, making it all but impossible for a candidate of that party to survive a primary without acquiescing in the hostile foreign government's influence operations. What's worse, that party's office holders have made the collective decision that they would rather preserve their political power than effectively oppose the favored candidate's harmful foreign policy and domestic positions. A number of those office holders are trying to end an independent investigation designed to ascertain the exact extent of the hostile foreign government's interference in our elections and the extent to which American citizens, including the favored candidate's campaign staff, knew of, solicited, and cooperated with the hostile foreign government's actions. A prominent office holder of the favored candidate's party successfully opposed efforts to publicize the hostile foreign government's efforts prior to the election (which might have reduced their success) by threatening to claim the disclosure was a political stunt. We now know, of course, that it was in fact a very real attack on our democracy. That's the issue. --Bob
Two things here, bob-tel.
1. We are not a democracy. You need to tell the people who distribute these talking points to change it to 'representative republic'. Still stupid, but it sounds more authoritative.
2. Nice summary of all the conspiracy theories, but you forgot the role of the aliens from Uranus in all this. And what about Naomi?

Oh, and this should be in the other thread. Unless you want to add nazis to the conspiracy. Maybe Adolph came back from the dead, moved to Tacoma and told Vlad how to set all this up.

And another thing: stop telling SSS to stop doing things.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#28 Post by Bob78164 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:53 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Here's the issue. A hostile foreign government directly intervened in our elections, even going so far as to attempt to directly interfere with our election infrastructure. That same hostile foreign government is continuing and amplifying its efforts. The hostile government's favored candidate won and is taking official actions that directly support long-held foreign policy goals of the hostile foreign power, actions that are having and will continue to have an obvious long-term deleterious effect on the interests of the United States.

The hostile government's favored candidate (now the incumbent) is doing as little as he can get away with to interdict the hostile foreign government's efforts to interfere in future U.S. elections, has refused to implement sanctions against the hostile foreign government that passed Congress by a veto-proof majority, and is about to meet privately with the hostile foreign government's leader.

The hostile foreign government's influence operations have succeeded to such an extent that it has essentially captured one of our country's two major parties, making it all but impossible for a candidate of that party to survive a primary without acquiescing in the hostile foreign government's influence operations. What's worse, that party's office holders have made the collective decision that they would rather preserve their political power than effectively oppose the favored candidate's harmful foreign policy and domestic positions. A number of those office holders are trying to end an independent investigation designed to ascertain the exact extent of the hostile foreign government's interference in our elections and the extent to which American citizens, including the favored candidate's campaign staff, knew of, solicited, and cooperated with the hostile foreign government's actions. A prominent office holder of the favored candidate's party successfully opposed efforts to publicize the hostile foreign government's efforts prior to the election (which might have reduced their success) by threatening to claim the disclosure was a political stunt. We now know, of course, that it was in fact a very real attack on our democracy. That's the issue. --Bob
1. We are not a democracy. You need to tell the people who distribute these talking points to change it to 'representative republic'. Still stupid, but it sounds more authoritative.
2. Nice summary of all the conspiracy theories, but you forgot the role of the aliens from Uranus in all this. And what about Naomi?

Oh, and this should be in the other thread. Unless you want to add nazis to the conspiracy. Maybe Adolph came back from the dead, moved to Tacoma and told Vlad how to set all this up.

If SSS doesn't like my suggestions, he's entirely capable of telling me so himself.

Name one factual statement I made in this quote that's false. Until you can, it's not a conspiracy theory. It's an actual conspiracy.

And even if you don't want to believe it, I'm pretty sure that more Americans are still persuaded by evidence than are blinded by partisanship. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

flockofseagulls104

#29 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:29 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:Here's the issue. A hostile foreign government directly intervened in our elections, even going so far as to attempt to directly interfere with our election infrastructure. That same hostile foreign government is continuing and amplifying its efforts. The hostile government's favored candidate won and is taking official actions that directly support long-held foreign policy goals of the hostile foreign power, actions that are having and will continue to have an obvious long-term deleterious effect on the interests of the United States.

If SSS doesn't like my suggestions, he's entirely capable of telling me so himself.

Name one factual statement I made in this quote that's false. Until you can, it's not a conspiracy theory. It's an actual conspiracy.

And even if you don't want to believe it, I'm pretty sure that more Americans are still persuaded by evidence than are blinded by partisanship. --Bob
There is not one factual statement in your whole diatribe. It's all your opinion, counselor. As I've told you many times in the past, your opinion is not fact. This conspiracy diatribe may, though it's very unlikely, turn out true, but to present it as fact is poppycock.

blinded by partisanship describes you to a tee.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#30 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:16 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote:There is not one factual statement in your whole diatribe. It's all your opinion, counselor. As I've told you many times in the past, your opinion is not fact. This conspiracy diatribe may, though it's very unlikely, turn out true, but to present it as fact is poppycock.
I do not think that word means what you think it means. You don't think it's a fact that the Russian government preferred Donny to Secretary Clinton? You don't think it's a fact that the GRU interfered in our election? You don't think it's a fact that the GRU attempted to hack our election infrastructure? I could go on, but I'm pretty sure my point is made for anyone who, unlike you, is still willing to look at evidence.

I will say, though, that you're a useful illustration for the neutrals who may be reading this thread of how far Republican partisans are willing to go to disregard evidence, and why therefore it's so important to get involved this November, if not earlier. Thanks for that. Don't ever change. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#31 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:48 am

Flock, now that Trump has laid out some thought processes for you, your reasoning is rather simple:

1) Label everything that appears anywhere that's hostile to Trump as "fake news" or "conspiracy theories."

2) Believe everything that Fox, Breitbart, or Trump says.

3) Pat yourself on the back for your independent, unbiased thought processes.

Fortunately, growing numbers of people are rejecting these same thought processes that are keeping you going, as evidenced by actual election results in Alabama and Pennsylvania, among other places.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

BackInTex

#32 Post by BackInTex » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:37 pm

silverscreenselect wrote: Fortunately, growing numbers of people are rejecting these same thought processes that are keeping you going, as evidenced by actual election results in Alabama and Pennsylvania, among other places.
Please warn us when you are about to say something so funny. I almost fell out of my chair laughing.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

silverscreenselect

#33 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:42 pm

BackInTex wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote: Fortunately, growing numbers of people are rejecting these same thought processes that are keeping you going, as evidenced by actual election results in Alabama and Pennsylvania, among other places.
Please warn us when you are about to say something so funny. I almost fell out of my chair laughing.
I may have to call in sick on November 7 so I will have the time to pull up this and every other similar post you and Flock have made or will make.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#34 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:13 pm

BackInTex wrote:
We're talking about whether Republicans should win in November. You're talking about whether they will. Whether they do or not, they shouldn't. Not if they can't stand up to someone who's obviously in thrall to a hostile foreign government. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#35 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:34 pm

Flock, now that Trump has laid out some thought processes for you, your reasoning is rather simple:

1) Label everything that appears anywhere that's hostile to Trump as "fake news" or "conspiracy theories."

Fortunately, growing numbers of people are rejecting these same thought processes that are keeping you going, as evidenced by actual election results in Alabama and Pennsylvania, among other places.
aSSShole, every post you make is the same. It is pathetic.

If I could identify one, just one, democrat who thought independently and didn't pander to the un or underinformed, I would vote for that person. But they all vote the same, sound the same and recite the same old, tired, hateful slogans. Republicans do the same thing. And partisan democrats like you constantly accuse those who disgree with their policies of being Fox News robots. Tired, worn out debating tactic. Can you get over it already?

I'm thinking of voting for Goodspaceguy for WA Senator.

flockofseagulls104

#36 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:14 pm

You know, I cannot think of one instance where your stance on an issue differs one iota from that of bob-tel's or BJs or any of the other outspoken liberals. The only difference is the grade level of the vocabulary. And a lot of times even the exact words are the same: "OUR DEMOCRACY!".
I'm thinking you are not separate people spouting the same talking points. You all might be actual bots. Can we have a captcha test before posting?

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#37 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:01 pm

You know, I cannot think of one instance where your stance on an issue differs one iota from that of bob-tel's or BJs or any of the other outspoken liberals. The only difference is the grade level of the vocabulary. And a lot of times even the exact words are the same: "OUR DEMOCRACY!".
I'm thinking you are not separate people spouting the same talking points. You all might be actual bots. Can we have a captcha test before posting?
I'm pretty sure that if we each independently added two and two, each of us would get four. That's not coordination. It's just the facts.

But an awful lot of Republicans in Congress seem unhappy with what Comrade Donny did today. No indication yet that they're actually going to do anything useful to stop him, but at least they're not trying to give him political cover. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#38 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:16 pm

Flock, whenever you post some of your pro-Trump nonsense, it usually takes Bob or me about five seconds worth of research to debunk it, whereby you respond by name calling and saying we're all alike. Meanwhile, every single point you raise comes straight out of the Fox News/Breitbart playbook, which is why it's usually so riddled with errors and ridiculously easy to debunk. Then you respond by covering your ears and yelling fake news.

You say you're not a Trump supporter, I guess because of your comments that he's somewhat of a jerk, but when you get down to it, you buy into every argument he makes and believe his side of the story rather than what any else says or documents. You may not be a supporter, but you're an enabler, the same as every Republican in Congress.

flockofseagulls104

#39 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:08 pm

Flock, whenever you post some of your pro-Trump nonsense, it usually takes Bob or me about five seconds worth of research to debunk it, whereby you respond by name calling and saying we're all alike. Meanwhile, every single point you raise comes straight out of the Fox News/Breitbart playbook, which is why it's usually so riddled with errors and ridiculously easy to debunk. Then you respond by covering your ears and yelling fake news.

You say you're not a Trump supporter, I guess because of your comments that he's somewhat of a jerk, but when you get down to it, you buy into every argument he makes and believe his side of the story rather than what any else says or documents. You may not be a supporter, but you're an enabler, the same as every Republican in Congress.
Your (plural form) 'debunking' always comes in the form of some 'news' article you dig up interpreted by either the writer's opinion or your opinion. The reason it is 'so easy' is because most of the 'news' on the internet comes from the same narrative. In order to find unbiased news you've got to dig deeper and compare, and then use your common sense. Most of the people on the left have abandoned their common sense. In your blindness, you confuse my total disgust with the 'resistance' and the hysterical trump haters with support for trump. It is the ultimate lesser of two evils choice. trump, unfortunately, is the lesser evil.
He totally screwed up today. I am embarrassed for our country. Does that mean I'm going to join you? No, because your side and your tactics are even more of an embarrassment to our country. You have no solution, no ideas and only unveiled contempt for trump, and for independent thinkers like me that don't agree with you.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#40 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:23 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote:You have no solution, no ideas and only unveiled contempt for trump, and for independent thinkers like me that don't agree with you.
I do not think that word means what you think it means. --Bob

flockofseagulls104

#41 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:37 pm

Bob78164 wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote:You have no solution, no ideas and only unveiled contempt for trump, and for independent thinkers like me that don't agree with you.
How clever.

Estonut
Evil Genius

#42 Post by Estonut » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:57 am

Bob78164 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that if we each independently added two and two, each of us would get four. That's not coordination. It's just the facts.
BJ would need a calculator.
Bob78164 wrote:But an awful lot of Republicans in Congress seem unhappy with what Comrade Donny did today. No indication yet that they're actually going to do anything useful to stop him, but at least they're not trying to give him political cover.
You vowed that you would do everything in your power to resist and that you wouldn't be afraid to say anything to his face. Have you tweeted your displeasure with him TO him yet?
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.
Groucho Marx

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#43 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:13 am

Estonut wrote:You vowed that you would do everything in your power to resist and that you wouldn't be afraid to say anything to his face. Have you tweeted your displeasure with him TO him yet?
No. Have you written your Representative yet to demand that he or she take action against Donny in the face of his betrayal of our country? I recall that you live in Orange County so you're almost certainly in a competitive district, so that might actually make a difference. --Bob

silverscreenselect

#44 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:11 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: In order to find unbiased news you've got to dig deeper and compare, and then use your common sense.
And what is your idea of an "unbiased" news source? Fox? Breitbart? How about the Wall Street Journal? They aren't a left wing rag, but they have run a lot of anti-Trump news articles?

Do you really think that the major news networks, the New York Times, the Washington Post and God knows how many other news sources simply invent stories willy nilly for the sole purpose of making Trump and the Republicans look bad?

You simply ignore everything that doesn't fit into your preconceived notion of what the news should be and then pat yourself on the back for being an independent thinker.

flockofseagulls104

#45 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:34 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: In order to find unbiased news you've got to dig deeper and compare, and then use your common sense.
And what is your idea of an "unbiased" news source? Fox? Breitbart? How about the Wall Street Journal? They aren't a left wing rag, but they have run a lot of anti-Trump news articles?

Do you really think that the major news networks, the New York Times, the Washington Post and God knows how many other news sources simply invent stories willy nilly for the sole purpose of making Trump and the Republicans look bad?

You simply ignore everything that doesn't fit into your preconceived notion of what the news should be and then pat yourself on the back for being an independent thinker.
There are no unbiased news sources anymore. If I am interested in a subject I read many stories from many sites, I don't care what they are, and try and weed out the facts from the opinion and narrative. It's amazing how the facts change, and which facts are emphasized or ignored depending on the intent of the author or website. We used to have news organizations that objectively reported the facts, but we don't anymore. Walter Cronkite was an extreme leftist, but you would never know it by the way he presented the factual news.
I wish you would get your head out of your ass and give up this line of attack.

tlynn78

#46 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:42 am

Bob78164 wrote:
How clever.
Now, give him a break Flock. He didn't "think" he swore to uphold any laws, either. You can only laugh at this point, really.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

silverscreenselect

#47 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:17 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: If I am interested in a subject I read many stories from many sites, I don't care what they are, and try and weed out the facts from the opinion and narrative. It's amazing how the facts change, and which facts are emphasized or ignored depending on the intent of the author or website.
Facts don't change; what we know about the facts does change. That's why reporting immediately after a major event can be incomplete and erroneous at times. But I'm just curious how, when you read many stories from many sites, you inevitably seem to come down on the same side as all the Trump supporters, usually accompanied by labeling everything you don't agree with as "fake news" or "biased reporting." One would think that you were searching for information that would validate your pre-existing notions. What you come up with often sounds like it came verbatim from Breitbart, Drudge, the Washington Free Beacon and the like.

If you actually look at the record of the mainstream media objectively and not incessantly highlight the small number of articles they get wrong, you would find that their accuracy is considerably higher than that of the right wing sources. Further, when the mainstream media does make a mistake, they acknowledge it and often take action against the reporters involved.

flockofseagulls104

#48 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:44 am

flockofseagulls104 wrote: If I am interested in a subject I read many stories from many sites, I don't care what they are, and try and weed out the facts from the opinion and narrative. It's amazing how the facts change, and which facts are emphasized or ignored depending on the intent of the author or website.
Facts don't change; what we know about the facts does change. That's why reporting immediately after a major event can be incomplete and erroneous at times. But I'm just curious how, when you read many stories from many sites, you inevitably seem to come down on the same side as all the Trump supporters, usually accompanied by labeling everything you don't agree with as "fake news" or "biased reporting." One would think that you were searching for information that would validate your pre-existing notions. What you come up with often sounds like it came verbatim from Breitbart, Drudge, the Washington Free Beacon and the like.

If you actually look at the record of the mainstream media objectively and not incessantly highlight the small number of articles they get wrong, you would find that their accuracy is considerably higher than that of the right wing sources. Further, when the mainstream media does make a mistake, they acknowledge it and often take action against the reporters involved.
Maybe the accuracy is valid, but what they CHOOSE to report and how they report it isn't

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... new-study/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pew- ... t-positive

silverscreenselect

#49 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:23 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Maybe the accuracy is valid, but what they CHOOSE to report and how they report it isn't
And have you ever considered that there's a good reason for that, the same reason that coverage of Mother Theresa is a lot more positive than coverage of Hitler.

And you'll recall that Hillary Clinton got a whole lot of negative coverage her entire career.

flockofseagulls104

#50 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:01 pm

flockofseagulls104 wrote: Maybe the accuracy is valid, but what they CHOOSE to report and how they report it isn't
And have you ever considered that there's a good reason for that, the same reason that coverage of Mother Theresa is a lot more positive than coverage of Hitler.

And you'll recall that Hillary Clinton got a whole lot of negative coverage her entire career.
I am pretty sure what the reason is. The same reason that obama got soooo much positive coverage.