WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Toaster preview
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:23 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17161
Location: By the phone
Baltimore has already been eliminated from contention for the American League East division title. The Orioles' tragic number for elimination from playoff contention is 10 (because Seattle and Oakland still have a whole bunch of games left against each other). --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Toaster preview
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:36 pm
Posts: 3630
Location: Texas
I just noticed that the Yankees are 30 games over .500 and are still 10 games behind the Red Sox.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Toaster preview
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:35 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 17161
Location: By the phone
elwoodblues wrote:
I just noticed that the Yankees are 30 games over .500 and are still 10 games behind the Red Sox.
The Red Sox cliched a winning season a few days ago. —Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Toaster preview
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:24 pm 
Offline
FNGD Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:24 pm
Posts: 5988
Location: State of Confusion
elwoodblues wrote:
I just noticed that the Yankees are 30 games over .500 and are still 10 games behind the Red Sox.


aaaaand now it's 31 games over .500 and STILL 10 games behind.


:( :x :twisted:



I'm holding onto hope by remembering the 2001 season, when the Seattle Mariners won 116 games but lost to the Yankees in the ALCS. But damn, those Red Sox are on fire. First things first. Gotta make sure we hang onto that top Wild Card spot...the Oakland A's are charging hard. Get into the playoffs, where everyone left is at 0-0.

_________________
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Toaster preview
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:00 pm 
Offline
Dumbass
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Posts: 29533
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
T_Bone0806 wrote:
elwoodblues wrote:
I just noticed that the Yankees are 30 games over .500 and are still 10 games behind the Red Sox.


aaaaand now it's 31 games over .500 and STILL 10 games behind.


:( :x :twisted:



I'm holding onto hope by remembering the 2001 season, when the Seattle Mariners won 116 games but lost to the Yankees in the ALCS. But damn, those Red Sox are on fire. First things first. Gotta make sure we hang onto that top Wild Card spot...the Oakland A's are charging hard. Get into the playoffs, where everyone left is at 0-0.



For all the whining and crying I've heard about how unfair the unbalanced schedule is, it's doing exactly what it was meant to do: Make teams win games within their division...

Red Sox: 43-15 vs. the AL East
Yankees: 27-24 vs. the AL East

Perhaps more vividly....

Red Sox: 14-2 against the shitty Baltimore Orioles
Yankees: 6-6 against the shitty Baltimore Orioles

The 2015 Pirates found out what happens when you don't take care of business within your own division....

lb13

_________________
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Toaster preview
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 4:48 am
Posts: 2282
Location: Cincinnati, OH, USA
Meanwhile, my hometown team is still hot trash. Even if they win out, they will still finish no better than one game under .500. The crazy thing is that the NL is so weak this season that 67 wins is still currently in the hunt for a wild card.

_________________
"... the baseless self-serving persecution foisted upon the Bored by Beast, Estonut, jarnon, Bob#s, and Weasel [in June]. Nonetheless, my life and this game go on as scheduled. Both my life and this game MUST go on, full speed, in direct defiance of the prejudice. Otherwise, the terrorists win."


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Toaster preview
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:27 am 
Offline
Director of Promos
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Posts: 3580
Location: Literary Circles
Red Sox magic number is 33:

Image

_________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man


Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

With agent:
The Dragon's Song

Waiting their turn:
The Night Train
Devin Drake: World's Worst Magician

Just finished:
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Up Next:
Devin Drake and The Roller-Ghoster
Devin Drake and the Haunted Balcony


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Toaster preview
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:51 am 
Offline
FNGD Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:24 pm
Posts: 5988
Location: State of Confusion
littlebeast13 wrote:

For all the whining and crying I've heard about how unfair the unbalanced schedule is, it's doing exactly what it was meant to do: Make teams win games within their division...

Red Sox: 43-15 vs. the AL East
Yankees: 27-24 vs. the AL East

Perhaps more vividly....

Red Sox: 14-2 against the shitty Baltimore Orioles
Yankees: 6-6 against the shitty Baltimore Orioles

The 2015 Pirates found out what happens when you don't take care of business within your own division....

lb13



No whining from this camp. Agree 100%. Teams SHOULD play more games against the other teams in their division than they do against other teams. The Yankees have nobody else to blame but themselves for not taking the lunch money from the lousy teams in their division. It is merely their misfortune to be in the same division as the team making a possibly record-shattering run. To paraphrase Pedro's words he once used regarding the Yankees, about all we can do right now is tip our caps to the Sox and call them our daddies. That, and hope that they hit a badly timed cold streak when the playoffs start (assuming the Yanks get there, that is...).

_________________
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Toaster preview
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:53 am 
Offline
FNGD Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:24 pm
Posts: 5988
Location: State of Confusion
Vandal wrote:
Red Sox magic number is 33:

Image


Clever, but it doesn't get a rise outta this Yankee fan...a LOT of us were secretly wishing A-Rod would get knocked on his ass. Never been a fan.

_________________
"#$%&@*&"-Donald F. Duck


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Toaster preview
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:06 am 
Offline
Dumbass
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:20 pm
Posts: 29533
Location: Between the Suavitel and Fabuloso
T_Bone0806 wrote:
littlebeast13 wrote:

For all the whining and crying I've heard about how unfair the unbalanced schedule is, it's doing exactly what it was meant to do: Make teams win games within their division...

Red Sox: 43-15 vs. the AL East
Yankees: 27-24 vs. the AL East

Perhaps more vividly....

Red Sox: 14-2 against the shitty Baltimore Orioles
Yankees: 6-6 against the shitty Baltimore Orioles

The 2015 Pirates found out what happens when you don't take care of business within your own division....

lb13



No whining from this camp. Agree 100%. Teams SHOULD play more games against the other teams in their division than they do against other teams. The Yankees have nobody else to blame but themselves for not taking the lunch money from the lousy teams in their division. It is merely their misfortune to be in the same division as the team making a possibly record-shattering run. To paraphrase Pedro's words he once used regarding the Yankees, about all we can do right now is tip our caps to the Sox and call them our daddies. That, and hope that they hit a badly timed cold streak when the playoffs start (assuming the Yanks get there, that is...).



For the record, much of the whining I was referring to was coming from the analytical nerds who believe it is unfair that teams battling for the wild cards don't have to play the same schedules. I find it fitting that the wild card race is unfair, as it's yet another carrot for teams to just win your division so you don't have to worry about stuff like that. Then again, I'm sure Seattle and Oakland would love to have 19 games against the Orioles. The West is the only AL division without an epically awful team....

lb13

_________________
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.