WWTBAM Bored

A home for the weary.
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 16433
Quote:
Were/are you a supporter of Donald Trump?
As a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose? Sure. As a policy maker and leader? Dear god no.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:20 pm 
Online
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 10182
Location: Location.Location.Location
silverscreenselect wrote:
Quote:
Were/are you a supporter of Donald Trump?
As a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose? Sure. As a policy maker and leader? Dear god no.


Your point? Which we know but spell it out.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:02 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 18266
Location: By the phone
Beebs52 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
Quote:
Were/are you a supporter of Donald Trump?
As a symbol of renewed white identity and common purpose? Sure. As a policy maker and leader? Dear god no.


Your point? Which we know but spell it out.
My point is that Donny's insistence on using the megaphone provided by the Oval Office to promote racism has real world consequences. But you already knew that. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:15 pm 
Online
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 10182
Location: Location.Location.Location
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:


Your point? Which we know but spell it out.
My point is that Donny's insistence on using the megaphone provided by the Oval Office to promote racism has real world consequences. But you already knew that. --Bob


Wasn't talking to you.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 16433
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Your point? Which we know but spell it out.
My point is that Donny's insistence on using the megaphone provided by the Oval Office to promote racism has real world consequences. But you already knew that. --Bob


Wasn't talking to you.


I couldn't have said it better myself. But imagine for a moment if an Islamic terrorist had similarly killed several dozen people and his manifesto said "I support Barack Obama as a symbol of renewed Islamic identity and common purpose." The right-wing news outlets would be talking about nothing else for days on end.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:47 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 18266
Location: By the phone
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Your point? Which we know but spell it out.
My point is that Donny's insistence on using the megaphone provided by the Oval Office to promote racism has real world consequences. But you already knew that. --Bob


Wasn't talking to you.
Then you should have sent him a PM. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:57 pm 
Online
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 10182
Location: Location.Location.Location
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
My point is that Donny's insistence on using the megaphone provided by the Oval Office to promote racism has real world consequences. But you already knew that. --Bob


Wasn't talking to you.
Then you should have sent him a PM. --Bob


His post.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:08 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 18266
Location: By the phone
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Wasn't talking to you.
Then you should have sent him a PM. --Bob


His post.
And if you wanna publicly challenge a point he's making, the public can (and in my case sometimes will) leap in to defend the point. If you want to know specifically what sss has to say with the rest of us not invited, send him a PM. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:19 pm 
Online
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 10182
Location: Location.Location.Location
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Then you should have sent him a PM. --Bob


His post.
And if you wanna publicly challenge a point he's making, the public can (and in my case sometimes will) leap in to defend the point. If you want to know specifically what sss has to say with the rest of us not invited, send him a PM. --Bob


My goodness, pissy much?

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:23 pm 
Online
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 10182
Location: Location.Location.Location
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

His post.
And if you wanna publicly challenge a point he's making, the public can (and in my case sometimes will) leap in to defend the point. If you want to know specifically what sss has to say with the rest of us not invited, send him a PM. --Bob


My goodness, pissy much?

Although, y'all parrot one another pretty much, so I guess I should accept your comments in his stead. I stand corrected.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:24 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 18266
Location: By the phone
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

His post.
And if you wanna publicly challenge a point he's making, the public can (and in my case sometimes will) leap in to defend the point. If you want to know specifically what sss has to say with the rest of us not invited, send him a PM. --Bob


My goodness, pissy much?
Having one or more armed gunmen across the street from my building while arguing with people who generally oppose any rational gun control measures tends to put me in a mood. Maybe I'll settle down when the police activity outside comes to a close. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:32 pm 
Online
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 10182
Location: Location.Location.Location
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
And if you wanna publicly challenge a point he's making, the public can (and in my case sometimes will) leap in to defend the point. If you want to know specifically what sss has to say with the rest of us not invited, send him a PM. --Bob


My goodness, pissy much?
Having one or more armed gunmen across the street from my building while arguing with people who generally oppose any rational gun control measures tends to put me in a mood. Maybe I'll settle down when the police activity outside comes to a close. --Bob


But, but, racism, right? Will you be lobbying for New Zealand gun control or what?
You're trivializing a horrible situation and personalizing it when it isn't about you.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:41 pm 
Offline
Bored Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:02 pm
Posts: 18266
Location: By the phone
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

My goodness, pissy much?
Having one or more armed gunmen across the street from my building while arguing with people who generally oppose any rational gun control measures tends to put me in a mood. Maybe I'll settle down when the police activity outside comes to a close. --Bob


But, but, racism, right? Will you be lobbying for New Zealand gun control or what?
You're trivializing a horrible situation and personalizing it when it isn't about you.
I'm not trivializing a damn thing. Like most people, I'm capable of thinking about two different subjects at more or less the same time. I'm more pissed off than usual about the lack of sane gun control in this country because at the moment it's personally affecting me. (Update -- they're now allowing people to drive out of the garage on an as-needed basis.) And I'm pissed off that Donny insists on using his megaphone to create an atmosphere where lunatics like the New Zealand guy are more likely to act on their craziness but the Congressional members of Donny's party insists on giving him a pass because they're more willing to sit on their hands than to risk being primaried. And for that, I also blame Republican voters who probably would primary them. --Bob

_________________
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:49 pm 
Online
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 10182
Location: Location.Location.Location
Get a snack.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4794
Location: Atlanta, GA
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Having one or more armed gunmen across the street from my building while arguing with people who generally oppose any rational gun control measures tends to put me in a mood. Maybe I'll settle down when the police activity outside comes to a close. --Bob


But, but, racism, right? Will you be lobbying for New Zealand gun control or what?
You're trivializing a horrible situation and personalizing it when it isn't about you.
I'm not trivializing a damn thing. Like most people, I'm capable of thinking about two different subjects at more or less the same time. I'm more pissed off than usual about the lack of sane gun control in this country because at the moment it's personally affecting me. (Update -- they're now allowing people to drive out of the garage on an as-needed basis.) And I'm pissed off that Donny insists on using his megaphone to create an atmosphere where lunatics like the New Zealand guy are more likely to act on their craziness but the Congressional members of Donny's party insists on giving him a pass because they're more willing to sit on their hands than to risk being primaried. And for that, I also blame Republican voters who probably would primary them. --Bob

Can you tell me one thing he actually said or did that in any way encourages anyone to do what happened here?
Any 'atmosphere' that may have been created has been from the insane fanatics on the left.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:34 pm
Posts: 5720
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

His post.
And if you wanna publicly challenge a point he's making, the public can (and in my case sometimes will) leap in to defend the point. If you want to know specifically what sss has to say with the rest of us not invited, send him a PM. --Bob


My goodness, pissy much?



No. Correct much. This goes for anybody on any social media platform. If you post something publicly, anyone is invited to respond. You can't have it both ways.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:27 pm 
Online
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 10182
Location: Location.Location.Location
franktangredi wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
Bob78164 wrote:
And if you wanna publicly challenge a point he's making, the public can (and in my case sometimes will) leap in to defend the point. If you want to know specifically what sss has to say with the rest of us not invited, send him a PM. --Bob


My goodness, pissy much?



No. Correct much. This goes for anybody on any social media platform. If you post something publicly, anyone is invited to respond. You can't have it both ways.


Um, I was asking SSS. I fully realize anyone might respond. It is my prerogative to disregard others' comments. Pants. Unwad dudes.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:34 pm
Posts: 5720
Beebs52 wrote:
franktangredi wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

My goodness, pissy much?



No. Correct much. This goes for anybody on any social media platform. If you post something publicly, anyone is invited to respond. You can't have it both ways.


Um, I was asking SSS. I fully realize anyone might respond. It is my prerogative to disregard others' comments. Pants. Unwad dudes.


My pants are fine. Thank you for conceding the point.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:49 pm 
Online
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 10182
Location: Location.Location.Location
franktangredi wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
franktangredi wrote:


No. Correct much. This goes for anybody on any social media platform. If you post something publicly, anyone is invited to respond. You can't have it both ways.


Um, I was asking SSS. I fully realize anyone might respond. It is my prerogative to disregard others' comments. Pants. Unwad dudes.


My pants are fine. Thank you for conceding the point.


Thank you for conceding I may selectively respond.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:51 pm 
Online
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 10182
Location: Location.Location.Location
Beebs52 wrote:
franktangredi wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:

Um, I was asking SSS. I fully realize anyone might respond. It is my prerogative to disregard others' comments. Pants. Unwad dudes.


My pants are fine. Thank you for conceding the point.


Thank you for conceding I may selectively respond.


And thank you for helping dilute the genesis of the post. :D

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:34 pm 
Offline
Director of Promos
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:42 pm
Posts: 4053
Location: Literary Circles
Image

_________________
Available now:
The Secret At Haney Field: A Baseball Mystery
The Right Hand Rule
Center Point
Dizzy Miss Lizzie
Running On Empty
The Tick Tock Man


Visit my website: http://www.rmclarkauthor.com

With agent:
The Dragon's Song

Just finished:
Devin Drake and The Family Secret

Up Next:
Devin Drake and The Roller-Ghoster
Devin Drake and the Haunted Balcony


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:40 pm 
Online
Queen of Wack
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:38 am
Posts: 10182
Location: Location.Location.Location
Vandal wrote:
Image


I like where your thought leadership (now there's a concept that is, urk), is going. You have openings in all posts. I think we should charge rent.

_________________
Oh please.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 16433
flockofseagulls104 wrote:
Can you tell me one thing he actually said or did that in any way encourages anyone to do what happened here?
Any 'atmosphere' that may have been created has been from the insane fanatics on the left.


Well, there's plenty of things, as we've pointed out over and over again. And whenever we do, you concoct an "innocent" explanation. Well, this guy clearly wasn't fooled by those "innocent" explanations; he recognized and appreciated Trump for exactly who he is. And sadly there's a lot of other white supremacists in this country who feel the same way. And knowing that the President of the United States feels the same way sends these fanatics a powerful message.

But even by your warped standards, Flock, this statement may take the prize. So, critics of Trump are responsible for guys like this feeling that Trump is a symbol of white identity and shares a common purpose with them. I guess he must have spent a lot of time watching CNN fake news to arrive at that conclusion. If only the news media and insane fanatics on the left would quit criticizing Trump, then guys like this wouldn't get the wrong idea about him and go on shooting sprees.

_________________
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 4794
Location: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Well, there's plenty of things, as we've pointed out over and over again.


Just one specific, incontrovertible example would do. Your made up 'dog whistles' don't count.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:31 am
Posts: 6691
Location: Montana
My goodness panties are in a twist, aren't they. Poor boos. Try decaf.

_________________
The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself. And clowns.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: a1mamacat, Beebs52, silvercamaro and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Americanized by Maël Soucaze.