IRON MAN (No Spoilers!)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Catfish

#26 Post by Catfish » Mon May 05, 2008 10:52 am

earendel wrote:
Catfish wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:Harold and Kumar is another movie that you should stay through the final credits for another scene.

I saw Iron Man today but missed the end credits. Please put the final scene in a spoiler.....
Argh! My bladder was bursting, and even though I'm a credits reader, I had to leave. Would you please put the H&K final scene in a spoiler? Thanks!
I did - see msg #58593.
Thanks, Ear, saw that. I was asking about Harold and Kumar.
Catfish

PlacentiaSoccerMom

Re: IRON MAN (No Spoilers!)

#27 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon May 05, 2008 10:53 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:Emma went to sixth grade camp at the beginning of the year. Some of the counselors were talking about total world annihilation by nuclear weapons.
What a fun camp! :roll:
Yeah.

Maddie, like me is very pragmatic about life.

Emma feels the world's pain. She worries about suffering and war and wonders if it might be better to have a Republican in office because they would be stronger on defense, though she can't reconcile that with their treatment of polar bears.

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#28 Post by ulysses5019 » Mon May 05, 2008 10:55 am

It's Science Camp.

Most of the counselors are Liberal Hippie Pacifists, not that there is anything wrong with that...

It must be a UCLA affiliated camp.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#29 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon May 05, 2008 10:57 am

ulysses5019 wrote:
It's Science Camp.

Most of the counselors are Liberal Hippie Pacifists, not that there is anything wrong with that...

It must be a UCLA affiliated camp.
No oddly enough, it's affiliated with the Orange County Department of Education.

I know because I called them up when I found out that the camp was being held at a Christian Camp site. I wanted to know what they would be teaching in terms of evolution.

Appa23

#30 Post by Appa23 » Mon May 05, 2008 11:08 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:Emma went to sixth grade camp at the beginning of the year. Some of the counselors were talking about total world annihilation by nuclear weapons.
What a fun camp! :roll:
Yeah.

Maddie, like me is very pragmatic about life.

Emma feels the world's pain. She worries about suffering and war and wonders if it might be better to have a Republican in office because they would be stronger on defense, though she can't reconcile that with their treatment of polar bears.
Did I miss the news story where the RNC organized a polar bear hunt?

themanintheseersuckersuit

#31 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Mon May 05, 2008 11:31 am

Appa23 wrote:
Did I miss the news story where the RNC organized a polar bear hunt?
Now that's really is funny.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

lilyvonschtupp26

#32 Post by lilyvonschtupp26 » Mon May 05, 2008 12:42 pm

Is War Machine in the movie?
It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many lives as we wish. -S.I. Hayakawa

earendel

#33 Post by earendel » Mon May 05, 2008 12:44 pm

lilyvonschtupp26 wrote:Is War Machine in the movie?
Not as such - Rhody is in the movie as Stark's friend and military advisor. There's a scene when he's in the laboratory and sees Stark's older suit (the all-silver one) and says, "Next time!" which I took as a hint at a sequal featuring War Machine.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

lilyvonschtupp26

#34 Post by lilyvonschtupp26 » Mon May 05, 2008 12:58 pm

Not as such - Rhody is in the movie as Stark's friend and military advisor. There's a scene when he's in the laboratory and sees Stark's older suit (the all-silver one) and says, "Next time!" which I took as a hint at a sequal featuring War Machine.
I hope so, Ear. I remember him fondly from the comic books and the cartoon. He had a quirky sense of humor.
It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many lives as we wish. -S.I. Hayakawa

silverscreenselect

#35 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon May 05, 2008 3:51 pm

Catfish wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:Harold and Kumar is another movie that you should stay through the final credits for another scene.

I saw Iron Man today but missed the end credits. Please put the final scene in a spoiler.....
Argh! My bladder was bursting, and even though I'm a credits reader, I had to leave. Would you please put the H&K final scene in a spoiler? Thanks!
Spoiler
Neil Patrick Harris is lying on the ground outside the brothel apparently quite some time after being shot since the place is very quiet and dark and after a few seconds gets up, seemingly in fairly good shape, looks around and says "Mother F****r"

Catfish

#36 Post by Catfish » Tue May 06, 2008 7:58 am

silverscreenselect wrote:
Catfish wrote:

Spoiler
Neil Patrick Harris is lying on the ground outside the brothel apparently quite some time after being shot since the place is very quiet and dark and after a few seconds gets up, seemingly in fairly good shape, looks around and says "Mother F****r"
Thanks, SSS!
Spoiler
Most excellent! NPH lives! The idea of H&K3 without him was most disturbing.
Catfish