Beebs

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
NellyLunatic1980

Beebs

#1 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Mon May 05, 2008 10:15 am

I just love your cat pictures in your avatars. I think those cats are so cute. :)

themanintheseersuckersuit

Re: Beebs

#2 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Mon May 05, 2008 10:56 am

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:I just love your cat pictures in your avatars. I think those cats are so cute. :)
There's something just a bit off with this post, it reminds me to the Capitol One "War Kittens?" ad.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Mon May 05, 2008 12:05 pm

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:I just love your cat pictures in your avatars. I think those cats are so cute. :)
You speaking about Merv the Cat, or Lucky the Dead Black Cat (who lived 17 years)?

Merv is not declawed, so remember that...

I must switch out pics soon. He's gotten way bigger than the current pic.

TMITSSS--I'm sure Nelly has only the kindest thoughts of my fine feline buddies.

RIGHT?
Well, then

NellyLunatic1980

#4 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Tue May 06, 2008 7:53 am

Beebs52 wrote:You speaking about Merv the Cat, or Lucky the Dead Black Cat (who lived 17 years)?
Both, but especially Merv. NellyLunatic2002 #2 is especially fond of the picture in your avatar right now.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#5 Post by Beebs52 » Tue May 06, 2008 8:50 am

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:You speaking about Merv the Cat, or Lucky the Dead Black Cat (who lived 17 years)?
Both, but especially Merv. NellyLunatic2002 #2 is especially fond of the picture in your avatar right now.
I shall tell Merv he has admirers! He really is the coolest cat. Last night he was also the wettest cat. He may have some Bengal in him, I don't know. Jeff was lolling in the bathtub reading, with Beebs lying down on the floor and Merv sitting on the edge. Well you know cats. They're pokey and nosy. After Jeff got out I heard a splash and scramble and of course Merv had fallen in.

Amazing how fast a slippery slidy cat can catapult out of a wet place.

He was pissed.
Well, then

gsabc

#6 Post by gsabc » Tue May 06, 2008 9:03 am

Beebs52 wrote:Amazing how fast a slippery slidy cat can catapult out of a wet place.

He was pissed.
Like this one?
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpre ... t-sink.jpg
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#7 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Tue May 06, 2008 9:36 am

Beebs52 wrote:
NellyLunatic1980 wrote:
I shall tell Merv he has admirers! He really is the coolest cat. Last night he was also the wettest cat. He may have some Bengal in him, I don't know. Jeff was lolling in the bathtub reading, with Beebs lying down on the floor and Merv sitting on the edge. Well you know cats. They're pokey and nosy. After Jeff got out I heard a splash and scramble and of course Merv had fallen in.

Amazing how fast a slippery slidy cat can catapult out of a wet place.

He was pissed.
Jasper, who probably is part Bengal, bathed many times as a kitten. As an adult, he has realized that he doesn't like to be dunked, but he loves to go in the shower and sit in the steam. He also still drinks out of the faucets.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#8 Post by silvercamaro » Tue May 06, 2008 9:41 am

During her youth, the late Fat Cat, who was descended from the fishing cats of Siam, liked to jump into the bathtub and paddle around.

She just did not appreciate bubble bath.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#9 Post by Beebs52 » Tue May 06, 2008 10:14 am

gsabc wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:Amazing how fast a slippery slidy cat can catapult out of a wet place.

He was pissed.
Like this one?
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpre ... t-sink.jpg
That picture just tickles me.

Fortunately, Merv wasn't that wet. Which means his coat is like a Labrador's or he out faster than the speed of water. It was weird.
Well, then