House thread (spoilers)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
MarleysGh0st

House thread (spoilers)

#1 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue May 06, 2008 8:10 am

Spoiler
House has time to become obsessed with a soap opera? So obsessed that he can diagnose an actor from such things as his pauses increasing from 2.1 seconds to 2.9 seconds?

And when all the symptoms conveniently get worse at just the right time and all the red herrings have finally been chased away and he stumbles on his right-but-wrong diagnosis of an allergy, why would it take twice the accepted limit of steroids to treat the patient?

themanintheseersuckersuit

#2 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue May 06, 2008 8:17 am

Perhaps the Jericho writers have found new jobs.

The Two and Half Men/CSI episode was very funny last night.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Tue May 06, 2008 8:20 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:Perhaps the Jericho writers have found new jobs.

The Two and Half Men/CSI episode was very funny last night.
Yes, it was. And Thursday's CSI episode was written by writers for Two and a Half Men. It's certainly a different way of crossing shows (last May it was CSI/Without a Trace).
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue May 06, 2008 8:21 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:The Two and Half Men/CSI episode was very funny last night.
The Two and a Half Men were on CSI? As investigators or victims? :?

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Tue May 06, 2008 8:26 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:The Two and Half Men/CSI episode was very funny last night.
It was a regular episode of 2.5 Men, but with a CSI tie-in - Teddy, the character played by Robert Wagner was found dead shortly after marrying Alan's and Charlie's mother. There were some CSI look-alikes (one for Marg Helgenberger and one for George Eads - Katherine and Nick on CSI) and some of the famous CSI-type forensic/medical photos (one showed a strawberry dropping on Jake's shirt and soaking into the fibers, another showed him eating a cocktail weiner).
Spoiler
It turns out that he and his "daughter" (played by Jenna McCarthy) were actually grifters and lovers, and she killed him.

#6 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue May 06, 2008 8:26 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Writers for CSI wrote an episode of 2 1/2. The writers for 2 1/2 return the favor on Thursdays episode of CSI.

And if anybody is confused that I could laugh at the morally bankrupt 2 1/2 Men and decry the apparent moral bankruptcy of our youth in my very next post, all I can say is sometimes I to am confused.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

earendel

#7 Post by earendel » Tue May 06, 2008 8:30 am

themanintheseersuckersuit wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
Writers for CSI wrote an episode of 2 1/2. The writers for 2 1/2 return the favor on Thursdays episode of CSI.

And if anybody is confused that I could laugh at the morally bankrupt 2 1/2 Men and decry the apparent moral bankruptcy of our youth in my very next post, all I can say is sometimes I to am confused.
I laugh at 2.5 Men because of its absurdity; I weep at things like the celebration of thug life because it's reality.

ghostjmf

#8 Post by ghostjmf » Tue May 06, 2008 11:44 am

Spoiler
House has always been a soap fan. He used to watch in coma-guy's room, but then they woke coma-guy up.

I don't remember "why the big dose" of steriods (except that the guy was near death & need that big a dose to snap him out of it?).

NellyLunatic1980

#9 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Tue May 06, 2008 11:55 am

Spoiler
I think that Roger Clemens might have found his new doctor.

Thousandaire

#10 Post by Thousandaire » Tue May 06, 2008 12:28 pm

earendel wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
It was a regular episode of 2.5 Men, but with a CSI tie-in - Teddy, the character played by Robert Wagner was found dead shortly after marrying Alan's and Charlie's mother. There were some CSI look-alikes (one for Marg Helgenberger and one for George Eads - Katherine and Nick on CSI) and some of the famous CSI-type forensic/medical photos (one showed a strawberry dropping on Jake's shirt and soaking into the fibers, another showed him eating a cocktail weiner).
Spoiler
It turns out that he and his "daughter" (played by Jenna McCarthy) were actually grifters and lovers, and she killed him.
Why didn't they use the CSI actors? That would have been funny. But I, like Charlie, found the lady CSI's top very distracting.

#11 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue May 06, 2008 12:45 pm

earendel wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler
In the interest of pedantry and accuracy, the "daughter" didn't kill him, he died as a result of a joint activity in which they were engaged.
Suitguy is not bitter.