Project Runway fans

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Project Runway fans

#1 Post by silvercamaro » Mon May 05, 2008 8:23 pm

Here's an update on Kayne Gillaspie, a Project Runway contestant from a couple of seasons ago. He's still in Norman and has started a new company/showroom/design facility, Tall Grass Productions. He no longer is a partner in Southern Charm, the boutique that Kay and bbking visited. He has a shoe line, a prom dress line ($230-$400) and an evening gown line ($430-$1700) in approximately 600 stores across the country, with custom gowns at $2,000 and up. Seven of last year's Miss American contestants wore his dresses. Future plans include a line of bridal dresses. He recently did an E! special about "shocking pageant moments," and Samantha Harris, co-host of Dancing with the Stars, will wear one of his gowns in an upcoming show.

The Bedazzler remains busy.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#2 Post by kayrharris » Mon May 05, 2008 8:27 pm

I think the formal & evening gowns are really his specialty. I noticed his presence in Miss America. I hope he does well. I think he will. I'm glad we made it into the shop when we did. BB bought shoes if I recall correctly. :D
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#3 Post by Beebs52 » Mon May 05, 2008 8:40 pm

I did buy some flipflops-silvery ones. They weren't designed by him but they were affordable.
Well, then

melleon

#4 Post by melleon » Tue May 06, 2008 12:45 pm

Thanks for the update on Kayne! Daughter and I were rooting for him when we watched PR! Glad to know he is following his dream and succeeding! Mel