Anyone Watching the Annular Eclipse Today?

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

Anyone Watching the Annular Eclipse Today?

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:56 am

I'm not sure how close BiT will be to the area of totality. It's going to be about 50% here in Atlanta.

A total annular eclipse passed over downtown Atlanta back in the 80s. It was weird everyone in the office buildings standing outside at lunchtime watching. Not quite the same as a regular total eclipse but still fairly spectacular. It got twilight dim outside.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

Re: Anyone Watching the Annular Eclipse Today?

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:45 pm

Posted in another post. Cool shadows.

Well, then

BackInTex

#3 Post by BackInTex » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:05 pm

We watched today. It was about 95% covered. Pretty cool. Wished I’d noticed the shadows like Beebs did.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#4 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:07 pm

It was bizarre
Well, then

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:10 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:05 pm
We watched today. It was about 95% covered. Pretty cool. Wished I’d noticed the shadows like Beebs did.
I think the shadows are beautiful. Not sure what our percentage was, but it got noticeably darker, and felt colder, but didn't seem to bother the golfers going by..
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#6 Post by SportsFan68 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:08 pm

It was awesome! We had a short drive to the path of totality. One guy brought hard plastic frame viewing glasses to the viewing party -- they're pricey at about $25, but as far as I can tell well worth it. The only reason I was loaned a pair is because the children he bought them for couldn't make the trip. But those flimsy cardboard frame/plastic lenses work just fine.

The moon slowly ate the sun, then there was about a two-minute standstill where only the sun's ring was visible. I would have liked to watch this mystical event at the Four Corners, but nobody else wanted to make the drive at the early hour it would have taken to get there on time.

On the Waco this spring and to Australia in 2028!
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#7 Post by littlebeast13 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:29 pm

It was noticeably darker and colder here as well, but that's what cloud cover will do for you....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

tlynn78

#8 Post by tlynn78 » Sat Oct 14, 2023 9:59 pm

littlebeast13 wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2023 7:29 pm
It was noticeably darker and colder here as well, but that's what cloud cover will do for you....

lb13
Well that sucks - off to Waco for you for the next one!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire