RIP Stan Winston

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

RIP Stan Winston

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:43 pm

At age 62 after a seven-year struggle with multiple myeloma.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silverscreenselect

#2 Post by silverscreenselect » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:08 pm

For those who might not know, Winston was was of the top Hollywood special effects and makeup artists of all time. He won four Oscars, two for Terminator 2, Aliens and Jurassic Park.

http://tinyurl.com/6jlo5y

It might be helpful in posting future obit notices to give a little infromation about the person if it's not a household name. People who know films or science fiction knew who Winston was but a lot of others don't.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#3 Post by silvercamaro » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:16 pm

Thank you, sss.

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:42 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:It might be helpful in posting future obit notices to give a little infromation about the person if it's not a household name. People who know films or science fiction knew who Winston was but a lot of others don't.
I didn't want to insult the Bored's knowledge.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#5 Post by silvercamaro » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:58 pm

Bob Juch wrote:
That is admirable, of course, if blatantly supercilious. On the other hand, you might have considered posting a link so that the woefully ignorant among us, including me, natch, could find out quickly about his achievements. Alas, I didn't recognize the name and didn't have enough information to motivate me to google. I do not assume that everyone whom you find interesting will interest me, and vice versa.

Because sss did offer more, I realized that I indeed have seen and admired Winston's work, and I have read additional articles about him.

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:01 pm

silvercamaro wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:
That is admirable, of course, if blatantly supercilious. On the other hand, you might have considered posting a link so that the woefully ignorant among us, including me, natch, could find out quickly about his achievements. Alas, I didn't recognize the name and didn't have enough information to motivate me to google. I do not assume that everyone whom you find interesting will interest me, and vice versa.

Because sss did offer more, I realized that I indeed have seen and admired Winston's work, and I have read additional articles about him.
I didn't have a link to post. Quite frankly, I was in too much of a rush to post then get back to work to write more.