Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 42 (shower edition)

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
gsabc

Wedding Blog: BD**2 - 42 (shower edition)

#1 Post by gsabc » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:54 pm

I did not get to my movie. However, as my sister pointed out, the estrogen level wasn't quite as high as I thought, given the several post-menopausal (and one pre-) who were present. I mostly stayed on the periphery, chatting with some of the relatives who I don't see very often.

BD got lots of loot, including a memory quilt from FMIL. Everyone signed it. Very nice.

Just as it ended, a line of nasty thunderstorms started coming through the area. I hope everyone makes it home all right. The rain is quite heavy as I type this.

But I'm tired. Woke up around 5:30 this morning and had trouble getting back to sleep. Then spent most of the morning completing the table and chair arrangements, helping to set up the food and going out to get the balloons, the ice and the ice cream pizza. Talk with y'all later.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#2 Post by sunflower » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:33 pm

Yeah, loot!! And now you have your house back for at least a couple of weeks before you have to start cleaning again!

Here's a tip some of my friends have passed on. If you use the computer to make labels for the thank you cards, now is a good time to make them up for the wedding as well (the clear labels work great because they barely look like labels). One less thing to do closer to the wedding (or after the wedding), and writing out thank you cards is actually a great activity to do during a long plane ride.