A Model Suicide

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
silverscreenselect

A Model Suicide

#1 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:33 am

20-year-old fashion model jumps/falls to her death from a Manhattan apartment building, an apparent suicide.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/200 ... odel_N.htm

I realize this is horrible, but I have to confess the first thing I thought of when I read this was, "I wonder how many TV crime shows will use this as a storyline next season."

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

Re: A Model Suicide

#2 Post by ulysses5019 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:42 am

silverscreenselect wrote:20-year-old fashion model jumps/falls to her death from a Manhattan apartment building, an apparent suicide.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/200 ... odel_N.htm

I realize this is horrible, but I have to confess the first thing I thought of when I read this was, "I wonder how many TV crime shows will use this as a storyline next season."
I thought the same thing especially after some show used the Eliot Spitzer scandal as a blueprint.
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#3 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:06 am

Maybe she was weak from hunger and accidently fell.

Bob Juch

#4 Post by Bob Juch » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:31 pm

AP didn't spell her last name right, it's Korshunova. Guess she didn't want to celebrate her 21st birthday Wednesday.

Supposedly witnesses saw her jump. I have to wonder if those witnesses might be her killers however.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:33 am

How very sad.
The British edition of Vogue hailed Korushnova as "a face to be excited about" in 2003
... when she was 15? No pressure there, huh? What an incredible waste.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#6 Post by kayrharris » Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:34 am

So much pressure on these girls....and you have to wonder about mind altering drugs. These girls will pop a pill to keep from eating to begin with and then it turns into more dangerous stuff they use.
"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest. "
Benjamin Franklin