QoD 06/24/08 Crack the Code Tuesday

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
mrkelley23

QoD 06/24/08 Crack the Code Tuesday

#1 Post by mrkelley23 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:32 am

QoD 06/24/08

“Buried Treasure”

Two ashes broke a cubicle paste. A costume pinhead bet a butcher refugee three florins. Geese fined hunters a clipped doormat, being lumpy rejects. A drummer skied grandly twixt thousands, after her czardom. A low chauffeur, a concave man and bad condoms applauded.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

Evil Squirrel
Merry Man

#2 Post by Evil Squirrel » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:37 am

Spoiler
Stephen Harper
Squirrels are the architects of forests, the planters of trees, nature's own acrobats and show a zest for life that can inspire us. Every day should be National Squirrel Appreciation Day!

--squirrelmama (10/3/07)

Many of these (squirrel) migrations were probably caused by food shortages as well as habitat overcrowding. We solved that for them. We not only reduced their habitat, we reduced the whole species by about 90%. The least we can do now is share a little birdseed with them.

--Richard E. Mallery

2008 Squirrel of the Year Award winner

NellyLunatic1980

Re: QoD 06/24/08 Crack the Code Tuesday

#3 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:49 am

Spoiler
mrkelley23 wrote:TWo asHes brOke a cubIcle paSte. A cosTume pinHead bEt a butCher refUgee thRee floRins. GeEse fiNed hunTers a cliPped dooRmat, beIng luMpy rejEcts. A druMmer skIed graNdly twIxt thouSands, afTer hEr czaRdom. A lOw chauFfeur, a conCave mAn aNd bAd conDoms applAuded.
Stephen Harper

andrewjackson

#4 Post by andrewjackson » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:15 am

Spoiler
Thistle mates where clapped the green hands. A methane nectarine spurned happily erect asterisks.
No matter where you go, there you are.

tlynn78

#5 Post by tlynn78 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:14 am

Spoiler
Stephen Harper

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

fantine33

#6 Post by fantine33 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:41 am

Spoiler
QoD 06/24/08

“Buried Treasure”

Country boy from Arkansas sitting on a rock
Along came a bee and stung his little
Cocktails ginger ale five cents a glass
If you don't like it then you can kiss my
Ask me no questions I'll tell you no lies
If you get hit with a bucket of shit
You'd better close your eyes.

KillerTomato

#7 Post by KillerTomato » Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:10 pm

mrkelley23 wrote:QoD 06/24/08

“Buried Treasure”

Two ashes broke a cubicle paste. A costume pinhead bet a butcher refugee three florins. Geese fined hunters a clipped doormat, being lumpy rejects. A drummer skied grandly twixt thousands, after her czardom. A low chauffeur, a concave man and bad condoms applauded.
Spoiler
Messy putting keeps campers achey. Steam honks. A patchwork can ferry coupons every afternoon.
There is something wrong in a government where they who do the most have the least. There is something wrong when honesty wears a rag, and rascality a robe; when the loving, the tender, eat a crust while the infamous sit at banquets.
-- Robert G. Ingersoll

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#8 Post by AnnieCamaro » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:53 pm

Oh, Mr. mr. I've had a day. I have tried to solve this puzzle with Caesar codes and keyword codes with the most probable keywords, and looking at every so many letters, and I tried to find imbedded words and tried again reading backwards. I was just about to write you that I was giving up and tell you about my second physics class at Yale. (It was very mathy today, so it was harder to follow and not as interesting as I wanted it to be, but I learned that "a vector is a quantity with a magnitude and a direction," and about vectors in multiple dimensions, so it was okay. I didn't have any more homework, so that was nice. I also went to my first class in modern English poetry. I think I will like that one, too, because I can find all the poems on the internet. I wish I had the physics textbook, but it costs $186.50 at Amazon, and my mom said she wouldn't buy it for me. Sigh.)

Anyway, while I was thinking about all that, I glanced at your message one more time, and something popped out at me! Isn't that amazing? Maybe the physics class put my brain into vector overdrive, with the proper velocity and direction to solve codes at point xy. Or something. Anyway, here's my answer:
Spoiler
Susan letters her paper, “The Great Bunny.” She has current hopes per art.
or
Spoiler
Stephen Harper
Sou iu koto de.

MarleysGh0st

#9 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:05 am

Spoiler
I do hope our meister explains the key for those of us who have peeked at the answer and still have no clue how to derive that from the coded text.

fantine33

#10 Post by fantine33 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:03 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
Spoiler
I do hope our meister explains the key for those of us who have peeked at the answer and still have no clue how to derive that from the coded text.
Spoiler
If you read Nelly's answer, he shows how he came up with it. And yay for that, since I have never heard of the answer so I couldn't even work backwards and figure it out. Obviously I was thinking a different way on "Buried Treasure". What is funny is that, even if I had decoded correctly, I still couldn't answer it. Ha!

mrkelley23

Answers/Pts

#11 Post by mrkelley23 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:43 pm

QoD 06/24/08

“Buried Treasure”

Decode: Who is the current prime minister of Canada? (Taking the middle letter of each word, and treating the “a”s as spaces between words)

Answer: Stephen Harper

Pts:

Evil Squirrel 50
Nelly 50
AJ 60
tgirl 50
Fanny no points, but I love the pome. Did you used to skip rope to that one?
KT 60
AnnieC 60
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman