Immigration and Housing

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Spock

Re: Immigration and Housing

#26 Post by Spock » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:21 am

[quote="Spock"]Ear>>>Just because there are problems with gangs doesn't necessarily mean that the gangs are comprised of immigrants.<<<

I don't know that I ever said it was immigrants. My theme in this(and the other thread) was/is immigration.

Part of mass immigration is babies being born here, but we don't have the cultural confidence to assimilate them anymore.

Spock

#27 Post by Spock » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:39 am

Ear>>>"Ear>>>Just because there are problems with gangs doesn't necessarily mean that the gangs are comprised of immigrants."<<<

I said in the other thread that I recognize that part of the game is to be super-legalistic with those who comment negatively on immigration.

You know what, I can't do everything for you. Call the Willmar Police Department and see what they tell you. Maybe I am totally wrong and the gang scene in Willmar is dominated by the kids of long-standing Anglo families in Willmar.

And/Or-Maybe I am even more wrong and there are no problems in Willmar.

Bob Juch

#28 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:55 am

Spock wrote:Ear>>>"Ear>>>Just because there are problems with gangs doesn't necessarily mean that the gangs are comprised of immigrants."<<<

I said in the other thread that I recognize that part of the game is to be super-legalistic with those who comment negatively on immigration.

You know what, I can't do everything for you. Call the Willmar Police Department and see what they tell you. Maybe I am totally wrong and the gang scene in Willmar is dominated by the kids of long-standing Anglo families in Willmar.

If Larry Hoover is the founder of the Gangster Disciples, I don't think it's an immigrant gang.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

BackInTex

#29 Post by BackInTex » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:25 pm

Bob Juch wrote: If Larry Hoover is the founder of the Gangster Disciples, I don't think it's an immigrant gang.
And I just assumed there was more than one gang. Boy to I feel foolish.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Bob Juch

#30 Post by Bob Juch » Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:43 pm

BackInTex wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: If Larry Hoover is the founder of the Gangster Disciples, I don't think it's an immigrant gang.
And I just assumed there was more than one gang. Boy to I feel foolish.
Yeah, they killed all the others. :lol:
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

Spock

#31 Post by Spock » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:31 am

I guess I may have snapped at Ear a little. I didn't feel like arguing over how many angels could dance on the head of a pin, right then.

New London-Spicer is the school district that is the equivalent of a nice suburban school in the Willmar area.

I wonder how many of our Bored Liberals, if they were moving to the area with a good job and a young family would choose the diverse and culturally-enriched Willmar school system, or would they choose New London-Spicer?
Last edited by Spock on Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

BackInTex

#32 Post by BackInTex » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:36 am

2 suspected gang members charged in 'satanic' slaying of teen girl appear in court

Nope. No problem here. Move along.
Police believe Miguel Angel Alvarez-Flores, 22, and Diego Alexander Hernandez-Rivera, 18, are MS 13 gang members from El Salvador.
14-year-old witness told investigators she was kidnapped, held against her will for several days at an apartment on Glenmont Road, and repeatedly sexually assaulted by members of the gang
after four days she was given to a man named Flaco who moved her to another apartment where six other MS 13 gang members lived. The witness said she was forced to drink alcohol and take drugs while the gang members raped her.
during her captivity, she met another girl at the apartment who was called Genesis, prosecutors said. She told investigators that one night Genesis made an outburst against a shrine dedicated to the gang members' satanic beliefs that offended Alvarez-Flores. In reaction to the outburst, he gave an offering of a lit cigarette to the satanic statue, prosecutors said, but then told the group that the beast did not want a material offering but wanted a soul.

The 14-year-old said the next day she woke up and Genesis was gone, according to prosecutors.
..what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
~~ Thomas Jefferson

War is where the government tells you who the bad guy is.
Revolution is when you decide that for yourself.
-- Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Spock

#33 Post by Spock » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:48 am

"The Jobs Americans Won't Do."

In many ways, I think this is a cop-out we all use nowaday's.

My Dad's cousin "Donnie" is probably in his mid-80's and in the vernacular of a few decades ago "He is a little slow."not Down's or anything, "Just a little different."

Donnie worked for decades in the Willmar Turkey Slaughter Plant-doing his physical thing that he did there.

He couldn't get that job today.

1)The company wants their endless supply of disposable labor. They don't want to mess with Donnie.

2) Nobody would expect Donnie to work today. What can he really do? Let's put him on Disability or whatever the relevant programs are called.

Spock

#34 Post by Spock » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:22 am

Obviously, we have a lot of home-grown gang members in the US. However, we must not have enough. Notwithstanding, any possible Trump changes, our immigration system is apparently designed to import and create as many new gang members as possible.

To put it another way. If your actual goal were to import and create as many gang members as possible, what would you do differently, (regarding immigration policy) than the way things have been done up to this point?

Spock

#35 Post by Spock » Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:28 am

MS-13 and Indian Software Engineers

I shouldn't have to post this, but I fully understand that immigrant Indian Software Engineers are positive, contributing members of society-blah, blah, blah.

Sometimes I wonder, does the other side of this issue, understand and accept that MS-13 is a thing? do we all know and understand that the seamy side of immigration exists?

I am kind of wondering if we live in such a fantasy world on the bored that we have might have to go back and forth on MS-13.

Spock

#36 Post by Spock » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:46 am

Bob Juch wrote:
Spock wrote:Ear>>>"Ear>>>Just because there are problems with gangs doesn't necessarily mean that the gangs are comprised of immigrants."<<<

If Larry Hoover is the founder of the Gangster Disciples, I don't think it's an immigrant gang.
Not sure what the Willmar PD told you, but, while it is kind of confusing "Mi Vida Loca" appears to be tied to MS-13. So there you are.

We are all children of immigrants

I am helping the Spocklette with a school project on what immigration was like in 1849/1850 (when my paternal line came over from Norway) and I am trying to find 1850's era government benefit forms printed in Norwegian and I am not having any luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#37 Post by Bob78164 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:51 am

Here's what the U.S. intelligence community thinks. The meat of this report is the second half of the 18-minute video. The first half or so are background. Here is a link to the actual report.

It's an exclusive report from Rachel Maddow based on a document leaked to her by the Office of Intelligence and Analysis in coordination with CBP, ICE, and NCTC, among other agents. Homeland Security has confirmed that the document is authentic. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

jarnon

#38 Post by jarnon » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:04 pm

Spock wrote:We are all children of immigrants

I am helping the Spocklette with a school project on what immigration was like in 1849/1850 (when my paternal line came over from Norway) and I am trying to find 1850's era government benefit forms printed in Norwegian and I am not having any luck. Any help would be appreciated.
I couldn't find what you're looking for, but I did find some of your relatives on Geni.com and other websites. Is your email the same as it was in 2008?
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי