Game #175: The Sound of Holiday Music

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob78164
Bored Moderator

Re: Game #175: The Sound of Holiday Music

#26 Post by Bob78164 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:56 pm

I wonder whether The Sound of Music has something to do with the Tangredi. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

Pastor Fireball

#27 Post by Pastor Fireball » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:18 am

Bob78164 wrote:I wonder whether The Sound of Music has something to do with the Tangredi. --Bob
I wondered that a while ago, but I wasn't sure if any of it was relevant to this puzzle:

the hills are alive
goat herd
do re mi fa so la ti do
16 going on 17
so long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

mrkelley23

#28 Post by mrkelley23 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:08 am

I started to snarkily post "How do you solve a problem like Ave Maria?" and then went back and started looking. I believe Bob#s has at least part of it, based on this.

21. the CLIMB + 36. EV’RY time we say goodbye + 77. go tell it on the MOUNTAIN
32. THE SOUND OF silence + 74. rock n roll MUSIC
93. happy birthday sweet SIXTEEN + 19. what’s GOING ON + 56. Sexy + SEVENTEEN
1. Ave MARIA
66. I’ve been searchin’ SO LONG + 46. FAREWELL Jamaica
22. MY FAVORITE mistake + 81. THINGS can only get better

But TSoM doesn't have 50 songs.

There are some other titles here suggestive of other classic/chestnut musicals, like Kansas City (Oklahoma); I have Dreamed (The King and I); and You'lll Never Walk Alone (Carousel). Maybe movie musicals? Something more to it.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#29 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:15 am

Well, that takes me out of helping any further if the theme is songs from musicals. Though the makeup of the matches in this game will make it worth watching it get solved...

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com

jarnon

#30 Post by jarnon » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:20 am

mrkelley23 wrote:I started to snarkily post "How do you solve a problem like Ave Maria?" and then went back and started looking. I believe Bob#s has at least part of it, based on this.

1. Ave MARIA

There are some other titles here suggestive of other classic/chestnut musicals, like Kansas City (Oklahoma); I have Dreamed (The King and I); and You'lll Never Walk Alone (Carousel). Maybe movie musicals? Something more to it.
All the musicals you cite are by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II. They also wrote State Fair, South Pacific, Cinderella and Flower Drum Song.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

mrkelley23

#31 Post by mrkelley23 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:33 am

jarnon wrote:
mrkelley23 wrote:I started to snarkily post "How do you solve a problem like Ave Maria?" and then went back and started looking. I believe Bob#s has at least part of it, based on this.

1. Ave MARIA

All the musicals you cite are by Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II. They also wrote State Fair, South Pacific, Cinderella and Flower Drum Song.
Great catch, jarnon! I bet you're right. Now I know what Frank meant about some people having a better chance than others. I bet Melly can mop the floor with me when it comes to R&H musicals, but here's the few titles I can come up with off the top of my head:

State Fair: It Might as well be Spring, It's a Grand Night for Singing, All I Owe Ioway (probably not).
South Pacific: Happy Talk, Younger than Springtime, I'm gonna Wash that Man right outta my Hair, Nothing like a Dame, Bali H'ai.
Cinderella: Stepsisters' Lament, some combination of "Do I love you because you're beautiful or are you beautiful because I love you?"
Flower Drum Song: I Enjoy Being a Girl
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

jarnon

#32 Post by jarnon » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:34 am

From The King and I (which I had the pleasure of seeing on Broadway with the incomparable Yul Brynner):

44. HELLO Mudduh, Hello Fadduh (A Letter From Camp) + 67. Yesterday, When I Was YOUNG + 10. Why Do LOVERS Break Each Other's Hearts

9. i SHALL Scream + 5. WE Are Never Ever Getting Back Together + 68. Let the Little Girl DANCE (probably bogus since Frank hates isolated little words)

18. SOMETHING to Talk About + 87. What a WONDERFUL World

5. We Are Never Ever GETTING Back Together + 65. Like to Get TO KNOW YOU

And from Oklahoma: 91. December 1963 (OH, WHAT A Night) + 59. The Most BEAUTIFUL Girl + 20. Sunday MORNIN’
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

franktangredi

#33 Post by franktangredi » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:57 am

jarnon wrote: 9. i SHALL Scream + 5. WE Are Never Ever Getting Back Together + 68. Let the Little Girl DANCE (probably bogus since Frank hates isolated little words)
I don't hate isolated little words, except the ones where duplication cannot be avoided (such as IN or I - or LOVE by itself.) You'll find other examples here as well. But I screwed up here by including two songs with WE in the title. (That's what happens when you make last minute substitutions.) Fortunately, either can be used without screwing up the numbers; one will be used twice and one once.

I'm waiting for one more shoe to drop.

jarnon

#34 Post by jarnon » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:08 am

franktangredi wrote:
jarnon wrote: 9. i SHALL Scream + 5. WE Are Never Ever Getting Back Together + 68. Let the Little Girl DANCE (probably bogus since Frank hates isolated little words)
I don't hate isolated little words, except the ones where duplication cannot be avoided (such as IN or I - or LOVE by itself.) You'll find other examples here as well. But I screwed up here by including two songs with WE in the title. (That's what happens when you make last minute substitutions.) Fortunately, either can be used without screwing up the numbers; one will be used twice and one once.

I'm waiting for one more shoe to drop.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53511&p=522817#p522817
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

plasticene

#35 Post by plasticene » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:43 am

Consolidation time!

Identify the 95 songs in the clues below. Then, create 50 groupings – 4 stand-alones, 19 pairs, and 27 triples – according to a Tangredi, or principle you must discover for yourself.

Eighteen songs will be used twice, four will be used three times, and one will be used four times. (It may – or may not – be significant that one of the songs was released by the same artists under two slightly different titles at two different times.)

In honor of the season, I have included several holiday songs. One of them will not form a part of any the matches listed above. It is a very special Christmas present which may point you toward the Tangredi. (It probably won’t, but it amuses me.)

It’s only fair to point out that the Tangredi itself has nothing whatsoever to do with the holidays

Even aside from the holiday songs, we stray further off the pop charts more often than usual on this one. Some people may be at more of an advantage than others.

Stand-alones:
1. AVE MARIA= MARIA (The Sound of Music)
31. KANSAS CITY = KANSAS CITY (Oklahoma)

Pairs:
32. THE SOUND OF SILENCE + 74. ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC = THE SOUND OF MUSIC (The Sound of Music)
66. I'VE BEEN SEARCHIN' SO LONG + 46. JAMAICA FAREWELL = SO LONG, FAREWELL (The Sound of Music)
22. MY FAVORITE MISTAKE + 81. THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER = MY FAVORITE THINGS (The Sound of Music)
18. SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT + 87. WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD = SOMETHING WONDERFUL (The King and I)
5. WE ARE NEVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER + 65. LIKE TO GET TO KNOW YOU = GETTING TO KNOW YOU (The King and I)

Triples
21. THE CLIMB + 36. EV'RY TIME WE SAY GOODBYE + 77. GO TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAIN = CLIMB EVERY MOUNTAIN (The Sound of Music)
93. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET 16 + 19. WHAT'S GOIN' ON? + 56. (SHE’S) SEXY + 17 = SIXTEEN GOING ON SEVENTEEN (The Sound of Music)
90. YOU'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER LOVE LIKE MINE + 2. WALK THIS WAY + 33. ALONE = YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE (Carousel)
57. YOUNGER GIRL + 4. SWEETER THAN YOU + 92. SPRINGTIME FOR HITLER = YOUNGER THAN SPRINGTIME (South Pacific)
44. HELLO MUDDUH, HELLO FADDUH (A LETTER FROM CAMP) + 67. YESTERDAY, WHEN I WAS YOUNG + 10. WHY DO LOVERS BREAK EACH OTHER'S HEARTS = HELLO, YOUNG LOVERS (The King and I)
9. I SHALL SCREAM + 5. WE ARE NEVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER + 68. LET THE LITTLE GIRL DANCE = SHALL WE DANCE (The King and I)
91. DECEMBER 1963 (OH, WHAT A NIGHT) + 59. THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL + 20. SUNDAY MORNIN’ = OH, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNIN'! (Oklahoma)

*1. AVE MARIA
*2. WALK THIS WAY
3. I HEAR A SYMPHONY
*4. SWEETER THAN YOU
**5. WE ARE NEVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER
6. SMALL TOWN
7. DAMN, I WISH I WAS YOUR LOVER
8. ONE FINE DAY
*9. I SHALL SCREAM
*10. WHY DO LOVERS BREAK EACH OTHER'S HEARTS
11. HER TOWN TOO
12. TO SIR WITH LOVE
13. TEN COMMANDMENTS OF LOVE
14. BLUE CHRISTMAS
15. MIRACLES
16. WHERE HAVE ALL THE COWBOYS GONE
17. SUPPER TIME
*18. SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT
*19. WHAT'S GOIN' ON?
*20. SUNDAY MORNIN’
*21. THE CLIMB
*22. MY FAVORITE MISTAKE
23. I'VE GOT TO USE MY IMAGINATION
24. LADY IN RED
25. I KNEW I LOVED YOU
26. FLOWERS THAT BLOOM IN THE SPRING
27. I HAVE A LITTLE DREIDEL
28. ROMANTIC
29. YOU'RE STILL THE ONE
30. MOMENTS TO REMEMBER
*31. KANSAS CITY
*32. THE SOUND(S) OF SILENCE
*33. ALONE
34. BLACK OR WHITE
35. WHILE YOU SEE A CHANCE
*36. EV'RY TIME WE SAY GOODBYE
37. TRAMP
38. ALONG COMES MARY
39. DANCING ON THE CEILING
40. SWEET TALKING GUY
41. DICK IN A BOX
42. ALL THOSE YEARS AGO
43. I COULD NEVER TAKE THE PLACE OF YOUR MAN
*44. HELLO MUDDUH, HELLO FADDUH (A LETTER FROM CAMP)
45. CATCH ME (I'M FALLING)
*46. JAMAICA FAREWELL
47. THERE'S A MOON OUT TONIGHT
48. HILLBILLY HEAVEN
49. I CAN DREAM CAN'T I?
50. IF I HAD $1
51. FOR YOUR LOVE
52. IT MIGHT AS WELL RAIN UNTIL SEPTEMBER
53. DOES ANYBODY REALLY KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?
54. DO THEY KNOW IT'S CHRISTMAS?
55. YOU WERE MEANT FOR ME
*56. (SHE’S) SEXY + 17
*57. YOUNGER GIRL
58. WE GOTTA GET OUTTA THIS PLACE
*59. THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL
60. ISN'T IT A PITY
61. CLOSE AS THE PAGES OF A BOOK
62. LOOKING FOR A NEW LOVE
63. STOOD UP
64. CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE
*65. LIKE TO GET TO KNOW YOU
*66. I'VE BEEN SEARCHIN' SO LONG
*67. YESTERDAY, WHEN I WAS YOUNG
*68. LET THE LITTLE GIRL DANCE
69. AND YOUR BIRD CAN SING
70. FIVE MINUTES MORE
71. JUST A SONG BEFORE I GO
72. A HUNDRED POUNDS OF CLAY
73. I'LL NEVER FALL IN LOVE AGAIN
*74. ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC
75. I WRITE SINS, NOT TRAGEDIES
76. IN MY ROOM
*77. GO TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAIN
78. COAT OF MANY COLORS
79. (LAST NIGHT) I DIDN'T GET TO SLEEP AT ALL
80. THE SWEETEST TABOO
*81. THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER
82. WAIT TILL THE SUN SHINES
83. BLOODY WELL RIGHT
84. IT MUST BE LOVE
85. YOU MAKE MY DREAMS
86. EASY COME, EASY GO
*87. WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD
88. YOU'RE IN MY HEART (THE FINAL ACCLAIM)
89. I LOVE HOW YOU LOVE ME
*90. YOU'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER LOVE LIKE MINE
*91. DECEMBER 1963 (OH, WHAT A NIGHT)
*92. SPRINGTIME FOR HITLER
*93. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET 16
94. HOTEL CALIFORNIA
95. CHRISTMAS WALTZ

plasticene

#36 Post by plasticene » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:48 am

10. WHY DO LOVERS BREAK EACH OTHER'S HEARTS + 3. I HEAR A SYMPHONY + 95. CHRISTMAS WALTZ = DO I HEAR A WALTZ (Do I Hear a Waltz)

This isn't Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein, it's Richard Rodgers and Stephen Sondheim. Did Frank give us a 41. DICK IN A BOX for Christmas?

franktangredi

#37 Post by franktangredi » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:54 am

plasticene wrote:10. WHY DO LOVERS BREAK EACH OTHER'S HEARTS + 3. I HEAR A SYMPHONY + 95. CHRISTMAS WALTZ = DO I HEAR A WALTZ (Do I Hear a Waltz)

This isn't Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein, it's Richard Rodgers and Stephen Sondheim. Did Frank give us a 41. DICK IN A BOX for Christmas?
There's that shoe!

Pastor Fireball

#38 Post by Pastor Fireball » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:09 am

franktangredi wrote:
plasticene wrote:10. WHY DO LOVERS BREAK EACH OTHER'S HEARTS + 3. I HEAR A SYMPHONY + 95. CHRISTMAS WALTZ = DO I HEAR A WALTZ (Do I Hear a Waltz)

There's that shoe!
Well, since Bob and I somehow blagged our way into the Tangredi... I suppose that if we're dealing with Rodgers & Hammerstein and Rodgers & Sondheim that something here is going to come from Rodgers & Hart as well. 39. DANCING ON THE CEILING is a stand-alone because that was a showtune title before Lionel took the title for his own hit--in fact, a clip of a contestant winning $100,000 on Name That Tune off of this song is on YouTube. Tom Kennedy even mentions in the clip that Rodgers & Hart wrote it for the musical Simple Simon, but it was cut and used instead in Evergreen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N59iCNSBIcE

(edited to add Nudity®)
"[Drumpf's] name alone creates division and anger, whose words inspire dissension and hatred, and can't possibly 'Make America Great Again.'" --Kobe Bryant (1978-2020)

"In times of crisis, the wise build bridges. The foolish build barriers." --Chadwick Boseman (1976-2020)

plasticene

#39 Post by plasticene » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:15 pm

50. IF I HAD $1 + 25. I KNEW I LOVED YOU = IF I LOVED YOU (Carousel)
60. ISN'T IT A PITY + 28. ROMANTIC = ISN'T IT ROMANTIC (popular song)

And I missed these two suggested by mrkelley in the consolidation.
52. IT MIGHT AS WELL RAIN UNTIL SEPTEMBER + 84. IT MUST BE LOVE + 26. FLOWERS THAT BLOOM IN THE SPRING = IT MIGHT AS WELL BE SPRING (State Fair)
93. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET 16 + 18. SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT = HAPPY TALK (South Pacific)

kroxquo

#40 Post by kroxquo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:51 pm

83. BLOODY Well Right + 38. Along Comes MARY = Bloody Mary from South Pacific
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

kroxquo

#41 Post by kroxquo » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:23 pm

13. TEN Commandments of Love + 70. Five MINUTES More + 42. All Those Years AGO = TEN MINUTES AGO from Cinderella
You live and learn. Or at least you live. - Douglas Adams

mellytu74

#42 Post by mellytu74 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:03 am

I was tied up with meetings all day, then we visited Boonie's best friend in the hospital, then I was engrossed in Temple's win at the Big Boy Gasparilla Bowl.... so I am late! :O

47. THERE'S A MOON OUT TONIGHT + 6. SMALL TOWN + 94. HOTEL CALIFORNIA = THERE'S A SMALL HOTEL (Hart)

2. WALK THIS WAY + 49. I CAN DREAM CAN'T I? + 84. IT MUST BE LOVE = THIS CAN'T BE LOVE (Hart - Boys From Syracuse)

7. DAMN, I WISH I WAS YOUR LOVER + 55. YOU WERE MEANT FOR ME + 73. I'LL NEVER FALL IN LOVE AGAIN = I WISH I WERE IN LOVE AGAIN (Hart)

72. A HUNDRED POUNDS OF CLAY + 50. MILLION + 15. MIRACLES = A HUNDRED MILLION MIRACLES (Hammerstein - Flower Drum Song)

86. EASY COME, EASY GO + 30. MOMENTS TO REMEMBER = EASY TO REMEMBER (Hart)

43. I COULD NEVER TAKE THE PLACE OF YOUR MAN + 75. I WRITE SINS, NOT TRAGEDIES + 61. CLOSE AS THE PAGES OF A BOOK
= I COULD WRITE A BOOK (Hart - Pal Joey)

69. AND YOUR BIRD CAN SING + 51. FOR YOUR LOVE + 17. SUPPER TIME = SING FOR YOUR SUPPER (Hart)

I was going to say that 60. ISN'T IT A PITY was a stand-alone like Dancing on the Ceiling but it's but i REALIZED the Gershwins. :)
Last edited by mellytu74 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

mellytu74

#43 Post by mellytu74 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:14 am

14. BLUE CHRISTMAS + 47. THERE'S A MOON OUT TONIGHT = BLUE MOON

12. TO SIR WITH LOVE + 71. JUST A SONG BEFORE I GO + 88. YOU'RE IN MY HEART (THE FINAL ACCLAIM) = WITH A SONG IN MY HEART

14. BLUE CHRISTMAS + 76. IN MY ROOM = BLUE ROOM

79. (LAST NIGHT) I DIDN'T GET TO SLEEP AT ALL + 53. DOES ANYBODY REALLY KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS? + 67. YESTERDAY, WHEN I WAS YOUNG = I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TIME IT WAS

7. DAMN, I WISH I WAS YOUR LOVER = LOVER

All of the above with Lorenz Hart
Last edited by mellytu74 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

mellytu74

#44 Post by mellytu74 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:06 am

59. THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL +26. FLOWERS THAT BLOOM IN THE SPRING + 87. WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD = THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL IN THE WORLD

45. CATCH ME (I'M FALLING) + 73. I'LL NEVER FALL IN LOVE AGAIN + 12. TO SIR WITH LOVE = FALLING IN LOVE WITH LOVE

88. YOU'RE IN MY HEART (THE FINAL ACCLAIM) + 63. STOOD UP + 29. YOU'RE STILL THE ONE = MY HEART STOOD STILL

There has to be a way that this becomes The Lady is a Tramp

24. THE LADY IN RED + ??? + 37. TRAMP but I can't find the "IS A"
Last edited by mellytu74 on Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

franktangredi

#45 Post by franktangredi » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:03 am

mellytu74 wrote: There has to be a way that this becomes The Lady is a Tramp

That's because I blundered. #37 was originally supposed to be "He's a Tramp" from the movie Lady and the Tramp. I made a last-minute substitution, forgetting I needed that "a". Sorry.

And I'm glad you realized my other mistake of spelling out "1,000,000."

mellytu74

#46 Post by mellytu74 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:23 am

franktangredi wrote:
mellytu74 wrote: There has to be a way that this becomes The Lady is a Tramp

That's because I blundered. #37 was originally supposed to be "He's a Tramp" from the movie Lady and the Tramp. I made a last-minute substitution, forgetting I needed that "a". Sorry.

And I'm glad you realized my other mistake of spelling out "1,000,000."
:D

24. THE LADY IN RED +64. CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE + 37. TRAMP

mellytu74

#47 Post by mellytu74 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:05 am

16. WHERE HAVE ALL THE COWBOYS GONE + 34. BLACK OR WHITE + 67. YESTERDAY, WHEN I WAS YOUNG = Where or When - Hart - Babes in Arms

23. I'VE GOT TO USE MY IMAGINATION + 70. FIVE MINUTES MORE + 50. IF I HAD A MILLION DOLLARS = I've Got Five Dollars - Hart

87. WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD + 40. SWEET TALKING GUY = A Wonderful Guy - Hammerstein - South Pacific

jarnon

#48 Post by jarnon » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:03 pm

I’ll update the consolidation before Melly completes the whole game. I’m looking up the missing show titles.

Identify the 95 songs in the clues below. Then, create 50 groupings – 4 stand-alones, 19 pairs, and 27 triples – according to a Tangredi, or principle you must discover for yourself.

Eighteen songs will be used twice, four will be used three times, and one will be used four times. (It may – or may not – be significant that one of the songs was released by the same artists under two slightly different titles at two different times.)

In honor of the season, I have included several holiday songs. One of them will not form a part of any the matches listed above. It is a very special Christmas present which may point you toward the Tangredi. (It probably won’t, but it amuses me.)

Stand-alones:
1. AVE MARIA = MARIA (The Sound of Music)
31. KANSAS CITY = KANSAS CITY (Oklahoma)
39. DANCING ON THE CEILING = DANCING ON THE CEILING (Evergreen)
7. DAMN, I WISH I WAS YOUR LOVER = LOVER (Love Me Tonight)

Pairs:
32. THE SOUND OF SILENCE + 74. ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC = THE SOUND OF MUSIC (The Sound of Music)
66. I'VE BEEN SEARCHIN' SO LONG + 46. JAMAICA FAREWELL = SO LONG, FAREWELL (The Sound of Music)
22. MY FAVORITE MISTAKE + 81. THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER = MY FAVORITE THINGS (The Sound of Music)
18. SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT + 87. WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD = SOMETHING WONDERFUL (The King and I)
5. WE ARE NEVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER + 65. LIKE TO GET TO KNOW YOU = GETTING TO KNOW YOU (The King and I)
50. IF I HAD $1,000,000 + 25. I KNEW I LOVED YOU = IF I LOVED YOU (Carousel)
60. ISN'T IT A PITY + 28. ROMANTIC = ISN'T IT ROMANTIC (Love Me Tonight)
93. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET 16 + 18. SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT = HAPPY TALK (South Pacific)
83. BLOODY WELL RIGHT + 38. ALONG COMES MARY = BLOODY MARY (South Pacific)
14. BLUE CHRISTMAS + 47. THERE'S A MOON OUT TONIGHT = BLUE MOON
14. BLUE CHRISTMAS + 76. IN MY ROOM = BLUE ROOM (The Girl Friend)
87. WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD + 40. SWEET TALKING GUY = A WONDERFUL GUY (South Pacific)

Triples
21. THE CLIMB + 36. EV'RY TIME WE SAY GOODBYE + 77. GO TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAIN = CLIMB EVERY MOUNTAIN (The Sound of Music)
93. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET 16 + 19. WHAT'S GOIN' ON? + 56. (SHE’S) SEXY + 17 = SIXTEEN GOING ON SEVENTEEN (The Sound of Music)
90. YOU'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER LOVE LIKE MINE + 2. WALK THIS WAY + 33. ALONE = YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE (Carousel)
57. YOUNGER GIRL + 4. SWEETER THAN YOU + 92. SPRINGTIME FOR HITLER = YOUNGER THAN SPRINGTIME (South Pacific)
44. HELLO MUDDUH, HELLO FADDUH (A LETTER FROM CAMP) + 67. YESTERDAY, WHEN I WAS YOUNG + 10. WHY DO LOVERS BREAK EACH OTHER'S HEARTS = HELLO, YOUNG LOVERS (The King and I)
9. I SHALL SCREAM + 5. WE ARE NEVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER + 68. LET THE LITTLE GIRL DANCE = SHALL WE DANCE (The King and I)
91. DECEMBER 1963 (OH, WHAT A NIGHT) + 59. THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL + 20. SUNDAY MORNIN’ = OH, WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNIN'! (Oklahoma)
10. WHY DO LOVERS BREAK EACH OTHER'S HEARTS + 3. I HEAR A SYMPHONY + 95. CHRISTMAS WALTZ = DO I HEAR A WALTZ (Do I Hear a Waltz)
52. IT MIGHT AS WELL RAIN UNTIL SEPTEMBER + 84. IT MUST BE LOVE + 26. FLOWERS THAT BLOOM IN THE SPRING = IT MIGHT AS WELL BE SPRING (State Fair)
13. TEN COMMANDMENTS OF LOVE + 70. FIVE MINUTES MORE + 42. ALL THOSE YEARS AGO = TEN MINUTES AGO (Cinderella)
47. THERE'S A MOON OUT TONIGHT + 6. SMALL TOWN + 94. HOTEL CALIFORNIA = THERE'S A SMALL HOTEL (On Your Toes)
2. WALK THIS WAY + 49. I CAN DREAM CAN’T I? + 84. IT MUST BE LOVE = THIS CAN'T BE LOVE (The Boys From Syracuse)
7. DAMN, I WISH I WAS YOUR LOVER + 55. YOU WERE MEANT FOR ME + 73. I'LL NEVER FALL IN LOVE AGAIN = I WISH I WERE IN LOVE AGAIN (Babes in Arms)
72. A HUNDRED POUNDS OF CLAY + 50. IF I HAD A MILLION DOLLARS + 15. MIRACLES = A HUNDRED MILLION MIRACLES (Flower Drum Song)
54. DO THEY KNOW IT'S CHRISTMAS? + 86. EASY COME, EASY GO + 30. MOMENTS TO REMEMBER = IT’S EASY TO REMEMBER (And So Hard to Forget) (Mississippi)
43. I COULD NEVER TAKE THE PLACE OF YOUR MAN + 75. I WRITE SINS, NOT TRAGEDIES + 61. CLOSE AS THE PAGES OF A BOOK = I COULD WRITE A BOOK (Pal Joey)
69. AND YOUR BIRD CAN SING + 51. FOR YOUR LOVE + 17. SUPPER TIME = SING FOR YOUR SUPPER (The Boys From Syracuse)
12. TO SIR WITH LOVE + 71. JUST A SONG BEFORE I GO + 88. YOU'RE IN MY HEART (THE FINAL ACCLAIM) = WITH A SONG IN MY HEART (Spring Is Here)
79. (LAST NIGHT) I DIDN'T GET TO SLEEP AT ALL + 53. DOES ANYBODY REALLY KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS? + 67. YESTERDAY, WHEN I WAS YOUNG = I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TIME IT WAS (Too Many Girls)
59. THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL +26. FLOWERS THAT BLOOM IN THE SPRING + 87. WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD = THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL IN THE WORLD (Jumbo)
45. CATCH ME (I'M FALLING) + 73. I'LL NEVER FALL IN LOVE AGAIN + 12. TO SIR WITH LOVE = FALLING IN LOVE WITH LOVE (The Boys From Syracuse)
88. YOU'RE IN MY HEART (THE FINAL ACCLAIM) + 63. STOOD UP + 29. YOU'RE STILL THE ONE = MY HEART STOOD STILL (One Dam Thing after Another)
24. LADY IN RED + 64. CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE + 37. TRAMP = [THE] LADY IS [A] TRAMP (Babes in Arms)
16. WHERE HAVE ALL THE COWBOYS GONE + 34. BLACK OR WHITE + 67. YESTERDAY, WHEN I WAS YOUNG = WHERE OR WHEN (Babes in Arms)
23. I'VE GOT TO USE MY IMAGINATION + 70. FIVE MINUTES MORE + 50. IF I HAD A MILLION DOLLARS = I'VE GOT FIVE DOLLARS (America's Sweetheart)

*1. AVE MARIA
**2. WALK THIS WAY
*3. I HEAR A SYMPHONY
*4. SWEETER THAN YOU
**5. WE ARE NEVER EVER GETTING BACK TOGETHER
*6. SMALL TOWN
**7. DAMN, I WISH I WAS YOUR LOVER
8. ONE FINE DAY
*9. I SHALL SCREAM
**10. WHY DO LOVERS BREAK EACH OTHER'S HEARTS
11. HER TOWN TOO
**12. TO SIR WITH LOVE
*13. TEN COMMANDMENTS OF LOVE
**14. BLUE CHRISTMAS
*15. MIRACLES
*16. WHERE HAVE ALL THE COWBOYS GONE
*17. SUPPER TIME
**18. SOMETHING TO TALK ABOUT
*19. WHAT'S GOIN' ON?
*20. SUNDAY MORNIN’
*21. THE CLIMB
*22. MY FAVORITE MISTAKE
*23. I'VE GOT TO USE MY IMAGINATION
*24. LADY IN RED
*25. I KNEW I LOVED YOU
**26. FLOWERS THAT BLOOM IN THE SPRING
27. I HAVE A LITTLE DREIDEL
*28. ROMANTIC
*29. YOU'RE STILL THE ONE
*30. MOMENTS TO REMEMBER
*31. KANSAS CITY
*32. THE SOUND(S) OF SILENCE
*33. ALONE
*34. BLACK OR WHITE
35. WHILE YOU SEE A CHANCE
*36. EV'RY TIME WE SAY GOODBYE
*37. TRAMP
*38. ALONG COMES MARY
*39. DANCING ON THE CEILING
*40. SWEET TALKING GUY
41. DICK IN A BOX
*42. ALL THOSE YEARS AGO
*43. I COULD NEVER TAKE THE PLACE OF YOUR MAN
*44. HELLO MUDDUH, HELLO FADDUH (A LETTER FROM CAMP)
*45. CATCH ME (I'M FALLING)
*46. JAMAICA FAREWELL
**47. THERE'S A MOON OUT TONIGHT
48. HILLBILLY HEAVEN
*49. I CAN DREAM CAN'T I?
***50. IF I HAD $1,000,000
*51. FOR YOUR LOVE
*52. IT MIGHT AS WELL RAIN UNTIL SEPTEMBER
*53. DOES ANYBODY REALLY KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?
*54. DO THEY KNOW IT'S CHRISTMAS?
*55. YOU WERE MEANT FOR ME
*56. (SHE’S) SEXY + 17
*57. YOUNGER GIRL
58. WE GOTTA GET OUTTA THIS PLACE
**59. THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL
*60. ISN'T IT A PITY
*61. CLOSE AS THE PAGES OF A BOOK
62. LOOKING FOR A NEW LOVE
*63. STOOD UP
*64. CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE
*65. LIKE TO GET TO KNOW YOU
*66. I'VE BEEN SEARCHIN' SO LONG
***67. YESTERDAY, WHEN I WAS YOUNG
*68. LET THE LITTLE GIRL DANCE
*69. AND YOUR BIRD CAN SING
**70. FIVE MINUTES MORE
*71. JUST A SONG BEFORE I GO
*72. A HUNDRED POUNDS OF CLAY
**73. I'LL NEVER FALL IN LOVE AGAIN
*74. ROCK AND ROLL MUSIC
*75. I WRITE SINS, NOT TRAGEDIES
*76. IN MY ROOM
*77. GO TELL IT ON THE MOUNTAIN
78. COAT OF MANY COLORS
*79. (LAST NIGHT) I DIDN'T GET TO SLEEP AT ALL
80. THE SWEETEST TABOO
*81. THINGS CAN ONLY GET BETTER
82. WAIT TILL THE SUN SHINES
*83. BLOODY WELL RIGHT
**84. IT MUST BE LOVE
85. YOU MAKE MY DREAMS
*86. EASY COME, EASY GO
***87. WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD
**88. YOU'RE IN MY HEART (THE FINAL ACCLAIM)
89. I LOVE HOW YOU LOVE ME
*90. YOU'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER LOVE LIKE MINE
*91. DECEMBER 1963 (OH, WHAT A NIGHT)
*92. SPRINGTIME FOR HITLER
**93. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET 16
*94. HOTEL CALIFORNIA
*95. CHRISTMAS WALTZ
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

mellytu74

#49 Post by mellytu74 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:32 pm

80. THE SWEETEST TABOO + *32. THE SOUND(S) OF SILENCE = THE SWEETEST SOUNDS (No Strings - Rodgers himself)

82. WAIT TILL THE SUN SHINES + 35. WHILE YOU SEE A CHANCE + 11. HER TOWN TOO = WAIT TILL YOU SEE HER (Hart - By Jupiter)

**26. FLOWERS THAT BLOOM IN THE SPRING + *64. CHRISTMAS TIME IS HERE = SPRING IS HERE (Hart - I think this is I Married an Angel)

jarnon

#50 Post by jarnon » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:54 pm

2. WALK THIS WAY + 60. ISN'T IT A PITY + 48. HILLBILLY HEAVEN = THIS ISN'T HEAVEN (State Fair)

27. I HAVE A LITTLE DREIDEL + 57. YOUNGER GIRL + 14. BLUE CHRISTMAS = LITTLE GIRL BLUE (Jumbo)

58. WE GOTTA GET OUT OF THIS PLACE + 85. YOU MAKE MY DREAMS = OUT OF MY DREAMS (Oklahoma)

78. COAT OF MANY COLORS + 62. LOOKING FOR A NEW LOVE + 8. ONE FINE DAY = MANY A NEW DAY (Oklahoma)

(I cheated a bit.) But that's too many triples and not enough pairs.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי