The Great Deal Maker Strikes Out

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
flockofseagulls104

Re: The Great Deal Maker Strikes Out

#51 Post by flockofseagulls104 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:28 pm

And distributing money is something the federal government does very, very well.
You have gone insane. And you still have evaded my question.
Your friendly neighborhood racist. On the waiting list to be a nazi. Designated an honorary 'snowflake'. Trolled by the very best, as well as by BJ. Always typical, unlike others.., Fulminator, Hopelessly in the tank for trump... inappropriate... Flocking himself... Probably a tucking sexist, too... All thought comes from the right wing noise machine(TM)... A clear and present threat to The Future Of Our Democracy.. Doesn't understand anything... Made the trump apologist and enabler playoffs... Heathen bastard... Knows nothing about history... Liar.... don't know much about statistics and polling... Nothing at all about biology... Ignorant Bigot... Potential Future Pariah... Big Nerd... Spiraling, Anti-Trans Bigot.. A Lunatic AND a Bigot.. Very Ignorant of the World in General... Sounds deranged... Fake Christian... Weird... has the mind of a child... has paranoid delusions... Simpleton

Bob Juch

#52 Post by Bob Juch » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:48 pm

silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: Insurance competition across state lines.
You do understand that we already have insurance competition across state lines. All the major health insurance companies do business in many states. The difference is that now, they would be allowed to evade the requirements that various states put into law to protect their residents. You're a big states rights man Flock. I'm surprised you're not all up in arms about this.
No, there may be parent companies that provide shared services but each state has a different company. I work for HCSC which owns BCBS of IL, MT, OK, TX and NM. Each must be operated separately. BCBS of SC is totally independent, so are Independence Blue Cross, and BCBS of Arizona.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)

Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere.

Teach a child to be polite and courteous in the home and, when he grows up, he'll never be able to drive in New Jersey.

earendel

#53 Post by earendel » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:17 am

Estonut wrote:
earendel wrote:2. Bob, the ACA is floundering in some states, ...
I believe you mean "foundering."
No, they're flopping like a fish, hence "floundering". :mrgreen:
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

silverscreenselect

#54 Post by silverscreenselect » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:03 am

Bob Juch wrote:
silverscreenselect wrote:
flockofseagulls104 wrote: Insurance competition across state lines.
You do understand that we already have insurance competition across state lines. All the major health insurance companies do business in many states. The difference is that now, they would be allowed to evade the requirements that various states put into law to protect their residents. You're a big states rights man Flock. I'm surprised you're not all up in arms about this.
No, there may be parent companies that provide shared services but each state has a different company. I work for HCSC which owns BCBS of IL, MT, OK, TX and NM. Each must be operated separately. BCBS of SC is totally independent, so are Independence Blue Cross, and BCBS of Arizona.
The Blues operate differently than other insurance companies because in a lot of states they are not classified as insurance companies. And because each state's laws are different in that regard, they have to establish separate companies in many states.

However, most insurance companies, both life/health and P&C are domiciled in one state (usually their state of origin or one where it's fairly easy to do business) and then licensed as foreign insurers in other states. Because New York regulations are so extensive, most companies looking to do business in New York have to establish a special NY subsidiary, but in most cases, one company can service the other 40 states. Even though a company may be domiciled in one state, the policies they offer have to be approved by each state in which they do business. That's why on some policies, you'll see a paragraph that says "this paragraph applies to residents of XX only." And their rates are filed separately with each state. But it's a lot easier to get a license as a foreign insurer in a second, third, or 49th state than it is to get the initial license.
Check out our website: http://www.silverscreenvideos.com