Hey Uday!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
peacock2121

Hey Uday!

#1 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:25 am

You are up very early. Is everything okay?

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Re: Hey Uday!

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:34 am

peacock2121 wrote:You are up very early. Is everything okay?
The puppy is awake. I got up to be doorman, on behalf of the protection of my floors. She completely understands that all bidness should take place outside. She doesn't get that it's not enough to stand silently at the door and wait for it to open by magic. I want to get a doorbell at paw height.

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:49 am

silvercamaro wrote: She completely understands that all bidness should take place outside. She doesn't get that it's not enough to stand silently at the door and wait for it to open by magic.
Sounds like a very poor design--they work that way on Star Trek! :)

peacock2121

#4 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:51 am

Glad to hear it is puppoy bidness related and not you related.

Maybe the four-footers will let you nap today.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#5 Post by silvercamaro » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:36 am

MarleysGh0st wrote: Sounds like a very poor design--they work that way on Star Trek! :)
Exactly! She also doesn't buy in to this "changing the clocks" business. After all, the clocks had remained exactly the same for her entire life.

andrewjackson

#6 Post by andrewjackson » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:56 am

silvercamaro wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote: Sounds like a very poor design--they work that way on Star Trek! :)
Exactly! She also doesn't buy in to this "changing the clocks" business. After all, the clocks had remained exactly the same for her entire life.
My sister is the same way. Of course she is almost 40 but last year was the first time in her life she ever had to change the time on her clocks. She had lived her entire life in the non-Daylight Eastern Time Zone portion of Indiana.

My brothers probably never had either since they were very small children the last time we changed our clocks in the 60s. I would also be in that group but I have lived in other time zones in my life.
No matter where you go, there you are.

mrkelley23

#7 Post by mrkelley23 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:42 am

andrewjackson wrote:
silvercamaro wrote:
My sister is the same way. Of course she is almost 40 but last year was the first time in her life she ever had to change the time on her clocks. She had lived her entire life in the non-Daylight Eastern Time Zone portion of Indiana.

My brothers probably never had either since they were very small children the last time we changed our clocks in the 60s. I would also be in that group but I have lived in other time zones in my life.
I still believe this will be the one issue that will decide the governor's race in Indiana next year, and not in a good way for My Man Mitch.

It won't help that all the clock changing is going to be going on right around election day.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

andrewjackson

#8 Post by andrewjackson » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:17 pm

mrkelley23 wrote:
andrewjackson wrote:
silvercamaro wrote: Exactly! She also doesn't buy in to this "changing the clocks" business. After all, the clocks had remained exactly the same for her entire life.

I still believe this will be the one issue that will decide the governor's race in Indiana next year, and not in a good way for My Man Mitch.

It won't help that all the clock changing is going to be going on right around election day.
You think so?

I guess I haven't stayed up to date on the politics of it. I just have to listen to my dad complain all summer that they have stolen time from him. I thought he would appreciate it in the summer but he has come up with an unique complaint. He says that they have stolen an hour of daylight from him. If an event or a ball game on TV is at 8:00 pm that used to be in the dark so he didn't mind going to it because he couldn't work outside. Now if he goes it is still daylight so his available work time is lost.

My dad is 68 but any time it is light out and he isn't working he gets antsy.

He will grant that daylight time is good for "townies" but that's just another way of confirming his opinion of those layabouts.
No matter where you go, there you are.