Transcript 09/30/2008 Lyndsay Baldwin

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 09/30/2008 Lyndsay Baldwin

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:10 pm

Lyndsay Baldwin
Cos Cob, CT
Mom of 3 little ones from 3yrs to 8 mos, first time away from the 8 month old.

Topics:
Authors
The Solar System
Billy Crystal
The Cabinet
Medical Conditions
Europe
Brand Names
Pop Music
James Joyce
World War II
In the News
Web Sites
Holidays
2008 Movies
Expectant Moms

$100- A pregnant woman will often invite people to touch her stomach so they can feel her baby doing which of the following?
A. Sneezing B. Kicking
C. Saluting D. Trying to find the light switch
Spoiler
B. Kicking (7)

$200- The 2008 romantic comedy "What Happens in Vegas" features a quickie marriage in what U.S. state?
A. Indiana B. New Hampshire
C. Nevada D. Idaho
Spoiler
C. Nevada (9)
$300- Which of these holidays always falls on the same numerical day of the month?
A. Easter B. Independence Day
C. Thanksgiving D. Memorial Day
Spoiler
B. Independence Day (7)
$500- "Horoscopes," "Predictions," and "Psychic Readings" are sections prominently features on a Web site about what?
A. Astrology B. Genealogy
C. Dermatology D. Reflexology
Spoiler
A. Astrology (6)
$1000- In a 2008 Elle magazine interview, Madonna revealed that her life is so busy that she sleeps with what gadget under her pillow?
A. iPod B. Game Boy
C. Blackberry D. DVD player
Spoiler
C. Blackberry (9)

Commercial break

They show a picture of her three children

$2000- Which of these famous World War II battles took place on a Pacific island?
A. Brittany B. Iwo Jima
C. Normandy D. Stalingrad
Spoiler
B. Iwo Jima (24)
$4000- A 1933 case that argued the obscenity of a James Joyce novel was called "United States vs One Book Called" what?
A. Ulysses B. Tropic of Cancer
C. All Quiet on the Western Front D. The Call of the Wild

ATA called at :18
Spoiler
Results: A-41% B-34% C-11% D-14%

A. Ulysses (13)
$8000- In a nod to the number of members in the group, what is the title of Gnarls Barkley's most recent album?
A. Party of Five B. Eight is Enough
C. Three's Company D. The Odd Couple

PAF called at :14
Spoiler
Choices:
brother Scott from Charlotte, NC
uncle Bob from Roswell, GA
friend Alice from Cos Cob, CT

PAF: brother Scott from Charlotte, NC, first was asked what the title of Gnarls Barkley album is, then she added the 'nod to the number of members' clue. He thinks it is Odd Couple, and says 90% as time runs out.

D. The Odd Couple (11)

Lyndsay will return tomorrow

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#2 Post by Bob78164 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:15 pm

This is the contestant whose image was Photoshopped into the publicity shot showing the clock down to 1 second on a $100 question. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#3 Post by ulysses5019 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:37 pm

$4000- A 1933 case that argued the obscenity of a James Joyce novel was called "United States vs One Book Called" what?

I know the !?~?#*&^%!!$# answer!
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

#4 Post by silvercamaro » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:55 pm

ulysses5019 wrote:

Since these books were not obscure, I was disappointed in the audience response. What the percentages do indicate is that a goodly chunk of people remember only that Tropic of Cancer was once considered obscene.

MarleysGh0st

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:20 am

silvercamaro wrote:
ulysses5019 wrote:

Since these books were not obscure, I was disappointed in the audience response. What the percentages do indicate is that a goodly chunk of people remember only that Tropic of Cancer was once considered obscene.
One more effect of the damned clock is that the audience is just as rushed as the contestant on these questions.

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:55 am

Turns out that Lyndsay used to be a local; she graduated from Fayetteville-Manlius High School, outside of Syracuse.

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story.a ... 495eca9760

I think WSYR might find their promos to be more effective if they post them before the show they're promoting airs, but at least there's a plug for today's carry-over. :P

gsabc

#7 Post by gsabc » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:57 am

I'm rooting for her. Three kids in three years. I wonder how she found the time and remaining memory cells to audition successfully.

ATA at the $8K for me. A clean stack before that.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

christie1111
11:11

#8 Post by christie1111 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:00 am

gsabc wrote:I'm rooting for her. Three kids in three years. I wonder how she found the time and remaining memory cells to audition successfully.

I had one unkind thought when I saw where she was from though. Cos Cob is a pretty affluent area.

But of course non-affluent people can live there too.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

gsabc

#9 Post by gsabc » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:03 am

christie1111 wrote:
gsabc wrote:I'm rooting for her. Three kids in three years. I wonder how she found the time and remaining memory cells to audition successfully.

I had one unkind thought when I saw where she was from though. Cos Cob is a pretty affluent area.

That's what people think about Newport RI, too. It actually has one of the highest percentages of people below the poverty line in the state. BD was quite dismayed at the state of some of the kids in her student teaching classes.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Re: Transcript 09/30/2008 Lyndsay Baldwin

#10 Post by silvercamaro » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:11 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Lyndsay Baldwin
Cos Cob, CT
If the taping was her first time away from the 8-month-old, did she bring the baby with her to the audition? Did she get the call after auditioning last season? Was this an exaggeration made for tv?

sunflower
Bored Hooligan

#11 Post by sunflower » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:04 am

silvercamaro wrote:
Cos Cob, CT
If the taping was her first time away from the 8-month-old, did she bring the baby with her to the audition? Did she get the call after auditioning last season? Was this an exaggeration made for tv?
Maybe she meant the first time being away from the 8 month old overnight? As opposed to just a few hours or something?

Brit Canuck

#12 Post by Brit Canuck » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:22 pm

Bob78164 wrote:This is the contestant whose image was Photoshopped into the publicity shot showing the clock down to 1 second on a $100 question. --Bob
BuzzerBlog still has that image floating around on their front page, at time of writing.

ImageImage

http://buzzerblog.flashgameshows.com/

Kazoo65

#13 Post by Kazoo65 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:38 pm

I'd ATA on pop music. They're usually good at this kind of question. Otherwise, OK so far. I'd have 3 lifelines going into today.
I'm just a game show nerd.

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

#14 Post by frogman042 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:33 am

Lyndsay was orignally from the Syracuse NY area and just recently moved to Greenwich/Cos Cob only about 1 and 1/2 years ago.

When they were doing the run down, they told her that they would display her home town as Cos Cob and not Greenwich. They felt that the audience would think that anyone from Greenwich doesn't deserve to be on the show and would not be rooting for her.

As far as being away from her kids, the day before they drove their 3 kids up to Syracuse for her mom to watch them and would be picking them up that night or the next day - so she was referring to being away from the baby for the first time - overnight.

---Jay

cindy.wellman
LOLOLOL

#15 Post by cindy.wellman » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:05 am

gsabc wrote:
christie1111 wrote:

That's what people think about Newport RI, too. It actually has one of the highest percentages of people below the poverty line in the state. BD was quite dismayed at the state of some of the kids in her student teaching classes.
The state of some of the kids at BD's new job might be rather shocking as well. With the number of deployments, and the sometimes low pay for the younger military members, it can be very hard on the kids. There are other things that lead to the situations that the kids are in, but I've already hijacked this thread, and I think what I've said already is enough to get my point across.

I'm very glad that she is there to make a difference in their lives.

NellyLunatic1980

#16 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:41 pm

Cos Cob, CT
Cos Cob is located in Greenwich, which is that part of Connecticut that is just outside of New York City... so that makes her a WE®.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Authors
The Solar System
Billy Crystal
The Cabinet
Medical Conditions
Europe
Brand Names
Pop Music
James Joyce
World War II
In the News
Web Sites
Holidays
2008 Movies
Expectant Moms
A Billy Crystal question at $250,000? Interesting. Really, World War II and the two authors categories might be the only questions on which I might struggle. I feel pretty good about everything else.

$2K: No struggle here.

$4K: Good. At least they merely asked to name James Joyce's famous novel.

Nihil obstat®