Transcript 11/09/07 - Mike Oliver

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 11/09/07 - Mike Oliver

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:31 pm

Grand Giveaway Week - All contestants start with $1,000.

Mike Oliver
Barre, MA

Mike's two brothers and two sisters, and one of his brother's girlfriend are in the audience. Mike is wearing a shirt that says "Mighty Mike," which his father gave him for making progress working out down at the gym.

$2,000
Which of these companies perform roughly similar functions, one mostly in the "real world" and one mostly online?

A: Reebok and Facebook B: Sotheby's and eBay
C: Frito-Lay and Expedia D: Amtrak and Amazon

$4,000
One of the Bible's most famous relics, the Ark of the Covenant was a sacred what?

A: Chest B: Crown
C: Urn D: Chalice

Mike: I should have paid more attention to catechism.

ATA: A: 68% B: 2% C: 1% D: 29%

$8,000
In 2007, what singer had roles in the films "Alpha Dog," "Black Snake Moan" and "Shrek the Third"?

A: Usher B: Kanye West
C: Justin Timberlake D: Nick Lachey

PAF: Mike calls Joe.

Joe: Justin Timberlake.

Mike: You sure?

Joe: 100%.

Mike: Cool! Thank you, very much.

Millionaire's Grand Giveaway $1,000 Winners
Phillipe Carre - Miami, FL
Marilyn Corwin - Northglenn, CO
Donna Longstreet - Sellersville, PA
Sandi Mertes - Harriet, AR
Vince Rhodes - Carencro, LA

-- Commercial Break --

Mike doesn't know much about movies because he doesn't like them. They bore him.

Mike does like sports. If he wins the million, he's thinking of buying season tickets to the Boston Red Sox.
[Again, there is mixed applause and boos from the audience.]

$16,000
Central and South America connect at the border between Panama and what country?

A: Ecuador B: Colombia
C: Peru D: Venezuela

Mike: All right, Peru, I believe, is a little further south. Colombia is up there. Venezuela, I believe, is on the west. Ecuador, I think is up there, too.

50/50 leaves A & B.

Mike is definitely going to guess. He's kinda leaning towards Ecuador. He makes that his final answer.

Mike falls to $1,000.

Portia Clare - Oxon Hill, MD
Robert Hunt - Federal Way, WA
Nancy Lombardo - Willimantic, CT
Deborah Runyans - Temple, PA
Teresa Stann - Jacksonville, NC

-- Commercial Break --

Meredith: That is it for our Grand Giveaway Week, but before we go, here are the remaining $1,000 winners for today.

Bonnie Alexander - Oshkosk, WI
Judy Lemrick - Whitehall, MT
Michael Nowlin - Danville, VA
Chantell Spears - Dayton, OH
Steve Woodard - Skowhegan, ME

And now it's time for a little celebrating. Meredith is surprised by two of her children wheeling out a cake with the Millionaire logo on it. As confetti falls, the staff joins them around the Hot Seat to celebrate 1000 episodes.

Answers:
$2,000: B: Sotheby's and eBay
$4,000: A: Chest
$8,000: C: Justin Timberlake
$16,000: B: Colombia

Shade

#2 Post by Shade » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:46 am

I think that was the third time confetti has fell in the 6 (?) years the show has been airing, first for Kevin Smith then for Nancy Christy and now for the 1000th episode.

I want a cake like that for my birthday if I ever get on the show :D
Last edited by Shade on Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

gsabc

#3 Post by gsabc » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:54 am

Shade wrote:I think that was the third time confetti has feel in the 6 (?) years the show has been airing, first for Kevin Smith then for Nancy Christy and now for the 1000th episode.

I want a cake like that for my birthday if I ever get on the show :D
Shade's post reminded me. At the taping I attended (Wedding week), a piece of confetti fell from the rafters during one of the breaks. I wondered if there was a big winner coming up, but I suppose it was just left over from this celebration. Feh.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

MarleysGh0st

Re: Transcript 11/09/07 - Mike Oliver

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Nov 12, 2007 8:54 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4,000
One of the Bible's most famous relics, the Ark of the Covenant was a sacred what?

A: Chest B: Crown
C: Urn D: Chalice

Mike: I should have paid more attention to catechism.

ATA: A: 68% B: 2% C: 1% D: 29%
When this question came up, I figured he was too young to have seen Raiders of the Lost Ark. Then he revealed that he just doesn't like movies.

So what hook got him on the show? Were the APs impressed that his dad would get him a customized shirt for working out? They didn't mention anything overcoming obesity or anything.

Shade

#5 Post by Shade » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:01 am

It's a mystery why the producers pick who they pick. My friend Sue pasted the audition test, she told the producers that she is currently out of work and that she used to work in a bar. When asked what she would do with a Million she expressed a desire to someday own her own bar. Do you think the producers would be impressed with this? :?

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:07 am

Shade wrote:It's a mystery why the producers pick who they pick. My friend Sue pasted the audition test, she told the producers that she is currently out of work and that she used to work in a bar. When asked what she would do with a Million she expressed a desire to someday own her own bar. Do you think the producers would be impressed with this? :?
It depends how she presented that. She's young and female, which helps, but they're also looking for telegenic personalities and appearance.

Most auditioners they see who work in bars are just actors trying to pay the bills. :roll:
Last edited by MarleysGh0st on Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shade

#7 Post by Shade » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:10 am

Well actually she isn't young, but she is female. I can't say she's that telegenic. hmm... She is actually my father's friend, She is about 50 years old but she's super smart. I'm not that optomistic about her getting that post card with anything good.

MarleysGh0st

#8 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:13 am

Sorry for making that assumption.

But this new information moves her from a desirable demographic to an undesirable one, unfortunately for her.

She can come here and join our club. :(

Shade

#9 Post by Shade » Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:22 pm

*grumble* great, She deserves to be on that show, not all smart people can be pretty and telegenic. Damn this selection process

Kazoo65

RE: transcript 11/9/07 Mike Oliver

#10 Post by Kazoo65 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:41 pm

Geez, another contestant that didn't study geography. They seem to have a lot of them on this show. I would have needed ATA on the movie question-no idea. The only one of those I've heard of is Shrek the Third.
I'm just a game show nerd.