Another #1 Team Bites the Dust

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

Another #1 Team Bites the Dust

#1 Post by kayrharris » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:51 pm

Zook's team ran for 260 yards against Ohio State and managed to beat Ohio State 28-21. Does this mean LSU will up to #1 (not that anyone wants it this year...seems to be a curse that comes with it).

Unranked Wisconsin beat#13 Michigan today & unranked Cincinnati beat #16 UConn, unranked Miss St beat #22Alabama. #9 Arizona St has had to come from behind on UCLA. If there was a Dee Fault in College pickem today, they would probably be doing quite well today.

We'll see how the late games pan out. The BCS computer will probably short out tomorrow for sure.

ne1410s

#2 Post by ne1410s » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:17 pm

It has been 51 years since the Illini have beaten a #1 team. Of course, some Kansas fans will say that they STILL haven't. :lol:
"When you argue with a fool, there are two fools in the argument."

tubadave
Official Bored Breaker/Fixer

Re: Another #1 Team Bites the Dust

#3 Post by tubadave » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:04 pm

kayrharris wrote:Zook's team ran for 260 yards against Ohio State and managed to beat Ohio State 28-21. Does this mean LSU will up to #1 (not that anyone wants it this year...seems to be a curse that comes with it).

Unranked Wisconsin beat#13 Michigan today & unranked Cincinnati beat #16 UConn, unranked Miss St beat #22Alabama. #9 Arizona St has had to come from behind on UCLA. If there was a Dee Fault in College pickem today, they would probably be doing quite well today.

Obviously, my meager effort in the ESPN College Pick 'Em game is due to my inability to trust my hunches. I so badly wanted to pick Illinois over Ohio State, but talked myself out of it (it was only my 3-point game though, an unusual placement for a game between #1 and an unranked team) and also had a really bad feeling picking UConn over Cincy (which was another miss for me.) At least, this week, I did go with my gut on one game.....I had a feeling that Wisconsin at home was going to be too much for a Michigan team that was probably looking ahead to Ohio State.

What a crazy season.
"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer." -- Dave Barry

Kazoo65

Re: another #1 team bites the dust

#4 Post by Kazoo65 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:10 pm

The Michigan/Ohio State game next week ought to be interesting, since both teams lost today-I bet there will be a lot of extra practicing!

I really thought Michigan was gonna pull a comeback in the 4th quarter, but after Wisconsin got the ball on the Michigan 5 and went in for the touchdown with 2 minutes left, I KNEW they were gonna lose. Oh well, at least Mario Manningham had a 97 yard TD run-a Michigan record!
I'm just a game show nerd.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#5 Post by kayrharris » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:42 pm

Next week, I'm picking all upsets, I swear I am.

I'll be pulling for your Wolverines next week, Kazoo.

jayhawker536

#6 Post by jayhawker536 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:23 am

So. . . .How bout my Hawks :D

Don't pick all upsets Kay, no way is Iowa going to beat KU, oh jeez - from my mouth to God's ears :roll:

tanstaafl2

#7 Post by tanstaafl2 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:39 am

jayhawker536 wrote:So. . . .How bout my Hawks :D

Don't pick all upsets Kay, no way is Iowa going to beat KU, oh jeez - from my mouth to God's ears :roll:
If Kansas wins out, still a big if, and doesn't get an invite to the championship game, they should refuse to go to any other game. They seem destined for the Fiesta if they beat OU or the Cotton if they don't and that would be a big check to turn down but I would at least think about it.

I am not sure they are better than LSU or Oregon but they deserve the chance to try to prove they are if they finish undefeated.

I am not yet convinced they are better than OU either but if they can beat Missouri, another team a lot of so called experts don't seem to give them much chance against, then they get a chance to prove they are better than both of them.

Of course first they do have to beat Iowa State...

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

silverscreenselect

#8 Post by silverscreenselect » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:18 am

The Big 12 Champ will be one team in the title game. LSU, if it wins out, will be the other. Otherwise, look at Oregon or even OSU if they can win at Michigan.

And a big congrats to Nebraska who finally got an opportunity to run up a score in an effort to convince the powers that be that they aren't as bad as some people might think. Real show of class there....

dodgersteve182

#9 Post by dodgersteve182 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:07 am

LSU is #1 (for now), it just shows that there is no dominant or undefeated team in the country this year. More fuel for the argument that college football needs a playoff system v. the current bs system.
It's better for the game when there is no dynasty because it gives many fans hopes of glory in January and not a feeling like they are playing the whole season to win a minor bowl or a league conference championship.

jayhawker536

#10 Post by jayhawker536 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:42 pm

dodgersteve182 wrote:LSU is #1 (for now), it just shows that there is no dominant or undefeated team in the country this year. More fuel for the argument that college football needs a playoff system v. the current bs system.
It's better for the game when there is no dynasty because it gives many fans hopes of glory in January and not a feeling like they are playing the whole season to win a minor bowl or a league conference championship.
Hey DS, my Hawks are UNDEFEATED!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Also, did Hawaii loose yesterday? I have not checked.

Just goes to show, like Rodney, we can't get no respect.