MySpace Targeted as Time-Waster at Work

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bob Juch

MySpace Targeted as Time-Waster at Work

#1 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:24 am

As companies move to restrict Web surfing at work, more of them are blocking access to MySpace than to Facebook, according to a survey released Wednesday by Web security company Barracuda Networks Inc.

While 44% of companies using Barracuda's Web filtering technology block access to MySpace, only 26% are doing the same to Facebook, according to an analysis of data contributed by several thousand customers, Barracuda said. While 19% of companies blocked both the sites, half said they block one or the other or both, the analysis showed.

Full story

Boy, just wait until they discover The Bored.

Otto Censor
Merry Man

#2 Post by Otto Censor » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:28 am

They are all dens of iniquities and hangouts for harlots and roues of all stripes. They should be banned and all denizens sent for reeducation!

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#3 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:32 am

My kids still do not have My Space accounts.

Most of the moms that I know haven't allowed them.

A few years ago, the 14 1/2 year old daughter of a PTA mom committed suicide and left her note on My Space. During that time, we all got an education about the things that kids are posting on the site and it wasn't pretty.

Al Gore
Merry Man

#4 Post by Al Gore » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:34 am

Otto Censor wrote:They are all dens of iniquities and hangouts for harlots and roues of all stripes. They should be banned and all denizens sent for reeducation!

That's not what I had in mind when I invented the internet!

Chicken Little
Merry Man

#5 Post by Chicken Little » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:37 am

Hey, Al I think both of us are in the running for Grand Marshall of next weeks MM Parade

Bob Juch

#6 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:41 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:My kids still do not have My Space accounts.

A few years ago, the 14 1/2 year old daughter of a PTA mom committed suicide and left her note on My Space. During that time, we all got an education about the things that kids are posting on the site and it wasn't pretty.
I would think you'd be able to trust your kids.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#7 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:49 am

Bob Juch wrote:

I trust my kids, but I don't want my kids to get desensitized to the sort of stuff that appears on My Space.

Some of the girls were posting pictures of themselves in their underwear on their MySpace sites. Another girl, the daughter of a highly respected woman in the community, mentioned on her site that she likes to take showers with her boyfriend. She was 16!

I keep them very busy, so I don't think that they care that they don't have My Space pages.

MarleysGh0st

#8 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:52 am

Chicken Little wrote:Hey, Al I think both of us are in the running for Grand Marshall of next weeks MM Parade
You may be preaching the same message, but I'm afraid it won't be any contest. How many Nobel Prizes have you won?

Bob Juch

#9 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:54 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
Bob Juch wrote:

I trust my kids, but I don't want my kids to get desensitized to the sort of stuff that appears on My Space.

Some of the girls were posting pictures of themselves in their underwear on their MySpace sites. Another girl, the daughter of a highly respected woman in the community, mentioned on her site that she likes to take showers with her boyfriend. She was 16!

I keep them very busy, so I don't think that they care that they don't have My Space pages.
Boy, you need to stay away from my MySpace pages. :P

Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

#10 Post by Rexer25 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:55 am

Good thing no one here wastes valuable work time on the internet, eh?
Enough already. It's my fault! Get over it!

That'll be $10, please.

Al Gore
Merry Man

#11 Post by Al Gore » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:56 am

Chicken Little wrote:Hey, Al I think both of us are in the running for Grand Marshall of next weeks MM Parade

Parade? Is it going to be a green parade? I will not fulfill my duties unless the car I ride in is a hybrid. Of course, I would like it to be a limo.... no wait! Better yet, a Hummer! I've got a big H3 I'll bring down to the parade route. This oughta be more fun than that time I was hiding under Bubba's desk and he thought I was Monica Lewinsky....

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#12 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:56 am

Bob Juch wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
Bob Juch wrote: I would think you'd be able to trust your kids.

Boy, you need to stay away from my MySpace pages. :P
Done! ;)

MarleysGh0st

#13 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:06 am

Al Gore wrote: Parade? Is it going to be a green parade? I will not fulfill my duties unless the car I ride in is a hybrid.
Of course it is, Al!

That's why you'll be walking.

Chicken Little
Merry Man

#14 Post by Chicken Little » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:09 am

Al Gore wrote:

Parade? Is it going to be a green parade? I will not fulfill my duties unless the car I ride in is a hybrid. Of course, I would like it to be a limo.... no wait! Better yet, a Hummer! I've got a big H3 I'll bring down to the parade route. This oughta be more fun than that time I was hiding under Bubba's desk and he thought I was Monica Lewinsky....
Al, you don't read so good, we I said we'd be running, I meant we'd be running in the parade.

MarleysGh0st

#15 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:23 am

Chicken Little wrote:Al, you don't read so good, we I said we'd be running, I meant we'd be running in the parade.
Oh, you mean the position of Grand Marshall shall be decided by a foot race! I like it; that'll really add some excitement to the festivities.

AnnieCamaro would have you all beat, if she wasn't a real, live four-footer instead of an MM. :)

Al Gore
Merry Man

#16 Post by Al Gore » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:24 am

Are you guys nuts? Does it look like I do a lot of walking or running?

Besides, nobody would want to walk behind me since unfortunately my personal emissions do not meet government standards if you know what I mean....

AnnieCamaro
Four-Footer

#17 Post by AnnieCamaro » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:27 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
AnnieCamaro would have you all beat, if she wasn't a real, live four-footer instead of an MM. :)
Thank you, Mr. Marley. BTW, I always feel like growling if somebody calls me a Merry Man. I'm a good GIRL!

/:P\
Sou iu koto de.

Flatulence
Merry Man

#18 Post by Flatulence » Mon Nov 12, 2007 10:31 am

Al Gore wrote:Are you guys nuts? Does it look like I do a lot of walking or running?

Besides, nobody would want to walk behind me since unfortunately my personal emissions do not meet government standards if you know what I mean....
I do know what you mean.
Those who deny it, supplied it.