Transcript 10/14/2008 Cristy Lecik (carryover cont

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 10/14/2008 Cristy Lecik (carryover cont

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:54 pm

Cristy Lecik
Forest, VA
Homemaker
says $ will be a big step towards her kids' college fund
her husband Barry is in the audience

Topic Tree:
Whiteout
The Solar System
Billy Crystal
Wheels Up
Political Parties
Me Me Me
(The Blitz)
(Snack Time)
(Potty Mouth)
(State Capitals)
(Lookin’ Good)
(Early Americans)
(Around the House)
(Animals)
(Don’t Scratch It)

The expert for today is Kristen Baldwin from Entertainment Weekly

ATA and PAF were previously used

$25K- Which of the following is a true statement about the author of the 2001 autobiography "Q"?
A. He's played it 4 Super Bowls B. He's written 11 cookbooks
C. He's won 27 Grammys D. He's led 35 NASA missions

Spoiler
C. He's won 27 Grammys (14)

$50K- Ross Perot, who twice ran for President as a third-party candidate, founded what political party in 1995?
A. Green party B. Reform Party
C. Constitution Party D. Libertarian Party

DD called at :29

Spoiler
B. Reform Party (first answer correct)
Commercial break

$100K- According to the United Airlines web site, which of these nonstop flights lasts the longest?
A. Washington D.C. to Beijing B. Los Angeles to Tokyo
C. Chicago to Hong Kong D. San Francisco to Taipei

Expert called at :24, Kristen Baldwin by Skype video call
Spoiler
Kristen said it was not her area of expertise, but she knows she is Cristy's last lifeline, she would guess B, but advised to take the money.
Cristy said she would take the advice and leave with $50K.

Answer: C. Chicago to Hong Kong (clock stops at :15)

Cristy left with $50K

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 10/14/2008 Cristy Lecik (carryover cont

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:56 am

$100K: I can eliminate LA-Tokyo and SF-Taipei. I still have the Double Dip, so I will use it here. My first instinct was DC-Beijing, so that would've been my first answer. Then I would've said Chicago-HK.

earendel

#3 Post by earendel » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:43 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Cristy Lecik
Forest, VA
Homemaker
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$25K- Which of the following is a true statement about the author of the 2001 autobiography "Q"?
A. He's played it 4 Super Bowls B. He's written 11 cookbooks
C. He's won 27 Grammys D. He's led 35 NASA missions

Spoiler
C. He's won 27 Grammys (14)
Given the four choices the logical answer is "C". Cristy didn't hesitate a moment and knew that it was about Quincy Jones.

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50K- Ross Perot, who twice ran for President as a third-party candidate, founded what political party in 1995?
A. Green party B. Reform Party
C. Constitution Party D. Libertarian Party

DD called at :29
Spoiler
B. Reform Party (first answer correct)
I figure she was torn between the Green party and the Reform party.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$100K- According to the United Airlines web site, which of these nonstop flights lasts the longest?

Spoiler
Kristen said it was not her area of expertise, but she knows she is Cristy's last lifeline, she would guess B, but advised to take the money. Cristy said she would take the advice and leave with $50K.

I'd be torn between A and C, and with the Double Dip still in play I'd use it at this juncture.

Today's expert was another Lyn Payne.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:15 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $100K- According to the United Airlines web site, which of these nonstop flights lasts the longest?

Spoiler
Kristen said it was not her area of expertise, but she knows she is Cristy's last lifeline, she would guess B, but advised to take the money.

Memo to Kristen and all future "Experts": You are not appearing on Deal Or No Deal so advice to "take the money" does not appear in the job description. :roll:

And, particularly under the pressure of the damned clock, this is an awfully challenging question. My first thought was Washington to Beijing as being furthest east to furthest west, but then I thought about Hong Kong being much further south than Beijing. I couldn't really decide between those in the available time.

Finding the route distances on United's web site isn't obvious, so I used How Far Is It? to check for myself:
Washington D.C. to Beijing = 6941 miles
Los Angeles to Tokyo = 5478 miles
Chicago to Hong Kong = 7822 miles
San Francisco to Taipei = 6438 miles

Nice job, Kristen, picking the answer with the shortest distance! :P

NellyLunatic1980

#5 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:20 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $100K- According to the United Airlines web site, which of these nonstop flights lasts the longest?

Spoiler

Memo to Kristen and all future "Experts": You are not appearing on Deal Or No Deal so advice to "take the money" does not appear in the job description. :roll:

And, particularly under the pressure of the damned clock, this is an awfully challenging question. My first thought was Washington to Beijing as being furthest east to furthest west, but then I thought about Hong Kong being much further south than Beijing. I couldn't really decide between those in the available time.

Finding the route distances on United's web site isn't obvious, so I used How Far Is It? to check for myself:

Like I said in the other 10/14 transcript thread, Kristen is an absolute airhead.

tanstaafl2

#6 Post by tanstaafl2 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:01 am

Don't remember how I might have done on the first although I think it was pretty good. But this part was smooooooooooth sailing. At 100K with no additional lifeline use. Had no idea what the wheels up category might be but what it turned out to be was an easy one. Flying and geography, two of my favorite subjects.
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

slam

#7 Post by slam » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:25 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:

Spoiler

Marley, your reasoning was similar to mine but I felt reasonably good about my final choice. Like you I eliminated the LA and SF choices because they started on the west coast. I then looked at DC being the easternmost city and that's a likely possibility. But Chicago isn't that far west of DC and is also a bit north so I figured Hong Kong's distance way south of Beijing easily more than made up for the Chicago/DC difference. I would have gone with C fully expecting it to be right.

MarleysGh0st

#8 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:03 am

Here's an article about Cristy's appearance.

http://www.newsadvance.com/lna/lifestyl ... mer/10039/

Oddly, the photograph caption says:
Cristy Lecik appeared on ‘Who Wants to be a Millionaire?’ in July, winning $50,000. The show will air on CBS this month.

Uhhh, she taped in July and the episodes aired on Oct. 13-14. A little late getting this into print, News & Advance?

Appa23

#9 Post by Appa23 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:28 am

Boy, if I had received that flight question in my stack, it would have been a nice follow-on to my adoption story, as the flight for my son was United from Chicago to Tokyo, and then Tokyo to Seoul. (The flight for my daughter was Twin Cities to Tokyo on NW/KAL.)

You tend to get a good handle via onboard map as to how far it is to fly to various major Asian cities.