Transcript 10/20/08 Lori Fagan

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 10/20/08 Lori Fagan

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:51 pm

Teachers Week

Lori Fagan
Greenlawn, NY

3rd & 4th Grade Teacher

Topic Tree:

Man’s Best Friend
I Have a Theory
Joke Origins
Africa
Think About It
Heroes
High School Movies
Internet Giants
Crunch the Numbers
Cathedrals
Spuds
The Tabloids
Organizations
Party Games
Down with Homework!

$100 Students who don’t do their homework commonly offer teachers what tired excuse?
A. My dog ate it
B. My guinea pig stole it
C. My parrot shredded it
D. My cat is still proofreading it
Spoiler
A. My dog ate it (9)
$200 During which of these party games do participants playfully chant “How low can you go?”
A. Pin the tail on the donkey
B. Limbo
C. Musical chairs
D. Simon says
Spoiler
B. Limbo ( 8 )
$300 On its Web site, what national organization addresses concerns about “drowsy driving”?
A. ASPCA
B. NRA
C. AAA
D. NAACP
Spoiler
C. AAA ( 8 )
$500 According to Us Weekly, how did starlet Ashley Tisdale respond when asked why she named her puppy “Maui”?
A. “I love Virginia!”
B. “I love Hawaii!”
C. “I love Massachusetts!”
D. I love Minnesota!”
Spoiler
B. “I love Hawaii!” (3)
$1K Ore-Ida, a popular brand of potato products, got its name by combining the first three letters of two what?
A. Movie stars
B. Biblical heroes
C. Species of birds
D. U.S. states
Spoiler
D. U.S. states (9)
horn

Lori will return for tomorrow’s show

Answers:
$100 A. My dog ate it
$200 B. Limbo
$300 C. AAA
$500 B. “I love Hawaii!”
$1K D. U.S. states

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 10/20/08 Lori Fagan

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:33 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Lori Fagan
Greenlawn, NY
Long Island, so she's a WE®.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Man’s Best Friend
I Have a Theory
Joke Origins
Africa
Think About It
Heroes
High School Movies
Internet Giants
Crunch the Numbers
Cathedrals
Spuds
The Tabloids
Organizations
Party Games
Down with Homework!
High School Movies will probably be my only issue with this stack.

Nihil obstat®

earendel

Re: Transcript 10/20/08 Lori Fagan

#3 Post by earendel » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:42 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$100 Students who don’t do their homework commonly offer teachers what tired excuse?
A. My dog ate it
B. My guinea pig stole it
C. My parrot shredded it
D. My cat is still proofreading it
Spoiler
A. My dog ate it (9)
I thought the current excuse was "my computer ate it."

It's a nihil obstat® stack thus far.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

rgcviper

The clock

#4 Post by rgcviper » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:00 am

Seems to me that the new [blasted] clock results in fewer contestants appearing on the show, rather than more. The vast majority of shows so far have had only two contestants, while only a few have had three and a few others have had only one. Episodes in previous seasons featured three per show regularly, and sometimes more.

The reason is probably that now the network can't edit out anyone's thinking time without making the clock jump a few seconds onscreen. Do they still edit out the "final answer" confirmation at all? (I can't watch the show when it's on here.) Being able to take one's time in the game used to be a real appeal of "Millionaire", but the clock, in my opinion, has ruined the format.

MarleysGh0st

Re: The clock

#5 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:10 am

rgcviper wrote:The reason is probably that now the network can't edit out anyone's thinking time without making the clock jump a few seconds onscreen. Do they still edit out the "final answer" confirmation at all? (I can't watch the show when it's on here.) Being able to take one's time in the game used to be a real appeal of "Millionaire", but the clock, in my opinion, has ruined the format.
There is no longer any pause any for Meredith to ask the contestant if that's their "final"; the damned clock keeps ticking until the contestant says final, usually in one big rush. (This means the potential for a disasterous slip of the tongue is much higher, this season.)

I don't think showing the full 15 or 30 seconds of time on the clock is what's slowing down the show. Remember that the time Meredith takes to read the answers counts against that time and contestants rarely pause to make any commentary or verbal explanations of their thinking any more. They've just added more bantering in between questions, including the new opportunity they have for bantering with the day's expert.

slam

#6 Post by slam » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:15 am

rgcviper wrote:Seems to me that the new [blasted] clock results in fewer contestants appearing on the show, rather than more. The vast majority of shows so far have had only two contestants, while only a few have had three and a few others have had only one. Episodes in previous seasons featured three per show regularly, and sometimes more.

The reason is probably that now the network can't edit out anyone's thinking time without making the clock jump a few seconds onscreen. Do they still edit out the "final answer" confirmation at all? (I can't watch the show when it's on here.) Being able to take one's time in the game used to be a real appeal of "Millionaire", but the clock, in my opinion, has ruined the format.
According to www.wwtbam.biz, the average number of contestants per show has declined from 1.78 last season to 1.28 so far this season. I don't have the data to analyze how the number of questions per show has changed, but the dollars won per contestant has gone up from $20,221 to $29,098. And the net has been the dollars won per show has stayed approximately the same at $37,381 as compared to $36,051 last year.

gsabc

#7 Post by gsabc » Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:46 am

slam wrote:According to http://www.wwtbam.biz, the average number of contestants per show has declined from 1.78 last season to 1.28 so far this season. I don't have the data to analyze how the number of questions per show has changed, but the dollars won per contestant has gone up from $20,221 to $29,098. And the net has been the dollars won per show has stayed approximately the same at $37,381 as compared to $36,051 last year.
So, slower show, same money given out so far. More importantly from the POV of our hopefuls, fewer contestants used. I thought the clock was supposed to speed up the pace of the show.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.