Transcript 10/24/2008 - Marcey Rawitscher

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 10/24/2008 - Marcey Rawitscher

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:13 pm

Marcey Rawitscher
Amherst, NH
High school English and social studies teacher

Topic tree:
- U.S. Presidents
- Honorees
- Comic Legends
- History of Film
- Famous Paintings
- Foreign Phrases
- Bon Voyage
- The Freedom Trail
- Celebrity Headlines
- Big Words
- What's in a Name?
- Electronics
- Sweet Relief
- Trained Animals
- It's Not a Tumor

$100 - Arnold Schwarzenegger plays an undercover policeman coping with a classroom of six-year olds in what movie?
A - University Cop
B - Junior High Cop
C - Kindergarten Cop
D - Terminator 4:Nap Time
Spoiler
C - Kindergarten Cop (6)
$200 - Dogs known as "ratters" are specially trained to do what?
A - catch rodents
B - aid the blind
C - perform tricks
D - pull sleds
Spoiler
A - catch rodents (9)
$300 - Due to the calendar schedule of the typical school year, many teachers are on vacation for the entirety of which of these months?
A - March
B - July
C - October
D - April
Spoiler
B - July (10)
$500 - The "smile shutter" feature is one of the latest technological advancements on what kind of electronic device?
A - iPod
B - laptop computer
C - high-def television
D - digital camera
Spoiler
Marcey thinks she knows but she wants to Ask the Audience anyway.

ATA results:
A - 3%
B - 8%
C - 0%
D - 89%

Marcey nods as the ATA results are revealed.

D - digital camera (5)
$1K - Which of these "Desperate Housewives" has a first name that is also a noun meaning "happiness"?
A - Teri Hatcher
B - Felicity Huffman
C - Marcia Cross
D - Eva Longoria
Spoiler
B - Felicity Huffman (9)
commercial break

Marcey says that she's overeducated and underpaid by choice because she loves to teach. Marcey's sister Kathy and her daughter Hannah are in the relationship seats.

$2K - "Polyethylene" and "polypropylene" are names for two common varieties of what substance?
A - wood
B - metal
C - paper
D - plastic
Spoiler
D - plastic (26)
$4K - In 2008, what celebrity couple made even more headlines than usual with the birth of their twins, Max and Emmie?
A - J Lo & Marc
B - Katie & Tom
C - Demi & Ashton
D - Jennifer & Ben
Spoiler
A - J Lo & Marc (17)
After the answer is revealed Marcey breathes a big sigh of relief. Meredith asks if she was just guessing. Marcey replies that because she teaches teenagers something in the back of her mind told her the answer.

$8K - The famous patriotic warning "One if by land, and two if by sea" referred to lanterns hanging in a what?
A - barn
B - church
C - courthouse
D - tree
Spoiler
B - church (25)
$16K - On his trip around the globe in the classic novel "Around the World in 80 Days," Phileas Fogg travels primarily in what direction?
A - north
B - south
C - east
D - west
Spoiler
Meredith says that as an English teacher Marcey might know this, but Marcey shakes her head and with 22 seconds remaining decides to Ask the Expert. Meredith says that Nancy has answered 3 of four correctly. Nancy says it's going to be east or west. She thinks he goes east. He crosses the date line and gets there a day early, even though he thinks he messed up and arrived late. He left from London and didn't go west because he went to India and other places. Marcey trusts Nancy and goes with her answer. Meredith says she thought it was west.

C - east (18)

THE HORN!!!!!!

Even though it's the end of Teacher Week Marcey will come back on Monday to finish up her game.
Spoiler
ANSWERS:
$100 - C (Kindergarten Cop)
$200 - A (catch rodents)
$300 - B (July)
$500 - D (digital camera)
$1K - B (Felicity Huffman)
$2K - D (plastic)
$4K - A (J Lo & Marc)
$8K - B (church)
$16K - C (east)

jarnon

Re: Transcript 10/24/2008 - Marcey Rawitscher

#2 Post by jarnon » Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:58 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16K - On his trip around the globe in the classic novel "Around the World in 80 Days," Phileas Fogg travels primarily in what direction?
A - north
B - south
C - east
D - west
I remember that Fogg thought it was a day later than the actual date when he returned to London. If I had a few minutes to think about it, I could have figured out the answer, but not in 30 seconds.
Слава Україні!
עם ישראל חי

NellyLunatic1980

#3 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:14 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:- U.S. Presidents
- Honorees
- Comic Legends
- History of Film
- Famous Paintings
- Foreign Phrases
- Bon Voyage
- The Freedom Trail
- Celebrity Headlines
- Big Words
- What's in a Name?
- Electronics
- Sweet Relief
- Trained Animals
- It's Not a Tumor
Looks like a Merry Man shoutout on the $100 question. Overall, I feel pretty good about this set of topics (with the exception of Famous Paintings).

$4K: Not really into celebrity couples and celebrity babies. But this is a perfect ATA question.

$8K: It's either a barn or a church. I better ask Nancy and see if she knows this one.

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:38 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Marcey Rawitscher
Amherst, NH
High school English and social studies teacher
At the beginning of her run I wondered if she would carry over or whether the tape had been edited so that she ended her run as the horn sounded.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$100 - Arnold Schwarzenegger plays an undercover policeman coping with a classroom of six-year olds in what movie?
A - University Cop
B - Junior High Cop
C - Kindergarten Cop
D - Terminator 4:Nap Time
Spoiler
C - Kindergarten Cop (6)
I've heard the topic used as a gag line before, but I had to Google it to understand that it was a line from "Kindergarten Cop".
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:
Spoiler
B - July (10)
$500 - The "smile shutter" feature is one of the latest technological advancements on what kind of electronic device?
A - iPod
B - laptop computer
C - high-def television
D - digital camera
Spoiler
Marcey thinks she knows but she wants to Ask the Audience anyway.

ATA results:
A - 3%
B - 8%
C - 0%
D - 89%

Marcey nods as the ATA results are revealed.

D - digital camera (5)
A waste of a lifeline, IMO.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$1K - Which of these "Desperate Housewives" has a first name that is also a noun meaning "happiness"?
A - Teri Hatcher
B - Felicity Huffman
C - Marcia Cross
D - Eva Longoria
Spoiler
B - Felicity Huffman (9)
I was afraid they were going to ask about the character names; the only one I know is that Teri Hatcher plays "Susan".
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4K - In 2008, what celebrity couple made even more headlines than usual with the birth of their twins, Max and Emmie?
A - J Lo & Marc
B - Katie & Tom
C - Demi & Ashton
D - Jennifer & Ben
Spoiler
A - J Lo & Marc (17)
Time to ATA and hope.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$16K - On his trip around the globe in the classic novel "Around the World in 80 Days," Phileas Fogg travels primarily in what direction?
A - north
B - south
C - east
D - west
Spoiler
Meredith says that as an English teacher Marcey might know this, but Marcey shakes her head and with 22 seconds remaining decides to Ask the Expert. Meredith says that Nancy has answered 3 of four correctly. Nancy says it's going to be east or west. She thinks he goes east. He crosses the date line and gets there a day early, even though he thinks he messed up and arrived late. He left from London and didn't go west because he went to India and other places. Marcey trusts Nancy and goes with her answer. Meredith says she thought it was west.

C - east (18)
Well reasoned, Nancy, and good for Marcey for agreeing.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

15QuestionsAway

#5 Post by 15QuestionsAway » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:00 pm

How much time was on the clock when Marcey used ATA on question 4 ($500)? I didn't get to see this episode due to preemptions.
Shameless self promotion:
wwtbam.biz - giving WWTBAM the business (returning soon!)

Hotseat Or Bust!
Bored Hottie

#6 Post by Hotseat Or Bust! » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:02 pm

I met Marcey at my audition in April. We sat at the same table after having our pictures taken, while we waited for our names to be called. We were both kicking ourselves for answering a test question incorrectly--the Bush41,Bush43 question--she, because she's a Social Studies teacher, and myself because I can recite all the presidents in order and should have known better. She was very nice and I'm glad she was chosen to be on the show.

Kazoo65

#7 Post by Kazoo65 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:27 pm

OK up to the $16K question. Never read the book. Double Dip time for me. I figured it was either west or east.
I'm just a game show nerd.