Plea for Pity and Sympathy

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Appa23

#26 Post by Appa23 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:28 am

minimetoo26 wrote:As much as I love you, and can sympathize with the migraine thing, I'm just thinking about my husband taking the business trip to Dallas and having dinner in this nice steakhouse, then coming home and whining about all the broken stuff still being broken, while I stayed home and cooked meatloaf for his niece who I was watching while everyone else was out of town and I had to get the house and food ready for Mini-me's birthday party so they could just get back into town and everything would be done, so I didn't get all the workmen here to fix all the broken stuff, and all I can think is: suck it up and enjoy your steak.

:P

Let me answer your post with . . . your post.

*speechless*

Well, at least I prefer a snippy comment to medical advice from YOU.

You didn't have to answer. I had no advice, so I STFU....

:lol:

(Just teasin')

Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

#27 Post by Rexer25 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:01 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
eyégor wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote: But all of us deserve it! Wintergreen doesn't...

Speak for yourself, seethru boy! :P
Oh yeah, Troll? Mallory is more of a man than you!*

*Pitiful attempt to get some interest in my Kid Nation thread. :roll:
Darn ol' work. Gets in the way of bumping up my post totals. I had a really great response, but it floated off into the ether while I was trying to do something productive.

Last time I'll let that happen.
Enough already. It's my fault! Get over it!

That'll be $10, please.

tlynn78

#28 Post by tlynn78 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:36 am

Poor baby. I feel your pain. I'm impressed you can functionally operate a 'puter, put together coherent thoughts, etc., while in the grip. Take care of you.

t.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. -Thomas Paine
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality. -Ayn Rand
Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire

ulysses5019
Purveyor of Avatars

#29 Post by ulysses5019 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:38 am

Maybe you need a lawyer joke to cheer you up........

......this one is doubled barreled....it includes a doggy, but sorta has an Old Yeller type ending.......

A young jackeroo from outback Queensland goes off to university, but halfway through the semester he foolishly
has squandered all of his money.

He calls home.

"Dad," he says, "you won't believe what modern education is developing.  They actually have a program here in
Brisbane that will teach our dog Ol' Blue how to talk."

"That's amazing!" his Dad says. "How do I get Ol' Blue in that program?"

"Just send him down here with $2,000," the young jackaroo says, "I'll get him in the course."

So ... his father sends the dog and $2,000.

About two-thirds through the semester, the money again runs out.  The boy calls home.  

"So how's Ol' Blue doing, son?" his father wants to know.

"Awesome! Dad, he's talking up a storm.  But you just won't believe this.  They've had such good results with
talking, they've begun to teach the animals how to read."

"Read?!" exclaims his father.  "No kidding!  How do we get Ol' Blue in that program?"

"Just send $4,500.  I'll get him in the class."

The money promptly arrives.  But our hero has a problem.  At the end of the year, his father will find out the
dog can neither talk nor read.  So he shoots the dog. When he arrives home at the end of the year, his father is all excited.

"Where's Ol' Blue?  I just can't wait to talk with him, and see him read something!"

"Dad," the boy says, "I have some grim news. Yesterday morning, just before we left to drive home, Ol' Blue
was in the living room, kicked back in the recliner, reading the Wall Street Journal.  Then he suddenly turned to me
and asked, 'So, is your daddy still messing around with that little redhead barmaid at the pub?'"    

The father groans and whispers, "I hope you shot that bastard before he talks to your Mother!"

"I sure did, Dad!"

"That's my boy!"

The kid went on to be a successful lawyer!!
I believe in the usefulness of useless information.

wintergreen48

#30 Post by wintergreen48 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:12 am

Well, I'm fully recovered from the migraine and feeling pretty good. I will follow up on ghostie's suggestion about possible prescription meds: I don't get migraines very often, but when I do, they are nasty. I just had a checkup a few weeks ago, and probably won't be seeing my doctor for another couple years, but that should be enough time-- I don't expect another migraine for at least 18 months. For this one, I used OTC stuff: I had some Excedrin for Migraines, some Alleve, and something that someone I work with gave me, she pulled it out of her purse, I have no idea what it was (probably Midol: she has a warped sense of humor), but it would be nice if I could take just one thing and make it go away.

The recommended biofeedback technique works for me for most things... but not for migraines. I usually deal with pain by forcing it to go down my arm, into my hand, then to my index finger, and then I fling it away, but that takes a lot of concentration, and I cannot focus when I have a migraine, that is one of the side effects (in fact, trying to concentrate enough to make the biofeedback work will itself make the headache worse; a Catch-22 of pain).

The restaurant was indeed Blackstone's, and the food was quite good. And plentiful. I don't drink coffee but I do drink tea, and I drank a LOT of tea that night, and possibly the caffeine had a positive effect, because the migraine was gone by the time (someone else) paid the huge check.

Well, I wanted to thank everyone for the pity and sympathy, it was most appreciated. I can usually be very stoic about suffering the tortures of the damned (aka, a migraine), so long as everyone knows that I am stoically suffering the tortures of the damned.

peacock2121

#31 Post by peacock2121 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:10 am

tee hee

You called her ghostie again.

I sense you are the only one who could get away with that one.

Jocelyn
Merry Man

#32 Post by Jocelyn » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:49 pm

While I do pity and extend my heartfelt get well wishes to Mr. Wintergreen in any future migraine endeavors, how do you think I feel?
I have terminal catscratch fever.
Just touch it. It's very lifelike. Go ahead. I know you want to.

Spock

#33 Post by Spock » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:37 pm

A friend, yeah that's it-a friend, once told me about an effective bio-feedback technique for migraines. To put it euphemistically, it involves spilling your seed. <G>
wintergreen48 wrote:Well, I'm fully recovered from the migraine and feeling pretty good. I will follow up on ghostie's suggestion about possible prescription meds: I don't get migraines very often, but when I do, they are nasty. I just had a checkup a few weeks ago, and probably won't be seeing my doctor for another couple years, but that should be enough time-- I don't expect another migraine for at least 18 months. For this one, I used OTC stuff: I had some Excedrin for Migraines, some Alleve, and something that someone I work with gave me, she pulled it out of her purse, I have no idea what it was (probably Midol: she has a warped sense of humor), but it would be nice if I could take just one thing and make it go away.

The recommended biofeedback technique works for me for most things... but not for migraines. I usually deal with pain by forcing it to go down my arm, into my hand, then to my index finger, and then I fling it away, but that takes a lot of concentration, and I cannot focus when I have a migraine, that is one of the side effects (in fact, trying to concentrate enough to make the biofeedback work will itself make the headache worse; a Catch-22 of pain).

The restaurant was indeed Blackstone's, and the food was quite good. And plentiful. I don't drink coffee but I do drink tea, and I drank a LOT of tea that night, and possibly the caffeine had a positive effect, because the migraine was gone by the time (someone else) paid the huge check.

Well, I wanted to thank everyone for the pity and sympathy, it was most appreciated. I can usually be very stoic about suffering the tortures of the damned (aka, a migraine), so long as everyone knows that I am stoically suffering the tortures of the damned.