Transcript 11/14/2007 - Scott Rodas

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 11/14/2007 - Scott Rodas

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:19 pm

Scott Rodas
West Creek, NJ

Scott knows TV and loves TV and is ready to get going.

$100 - Which of these TV shows features a title character who works as a physician?

A - Murphy Brown
B - Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman
C - Police Woman
D - Laverne & Surgeon

$200 - Allen Funt was the creator and longtime host of what show?

A - Wide World of Sports
B - Playhouse 90
C - Masterpiece Theatre
D - Candid Camera

$300 - Which of these classic sitcoms features an adopted child as one of its main characters?

A - Full House
B - Silver Spoons
C - Punky Brewster
D - Family Matters

Commercial break

Scott wears his love for TV on his body. He has a TV tattoo on his right upper arm.

$500 - In the summer of 2007, who became the unlikely winner of the hit variety show "America's Got Talent"?

A - a contortionist
B - a ventriloquist
C - a violinist
D - a juggler

Meredith says that the next question is the TV theme song question - she will read the question and she and the audience will sing the words.

$1K - What classic sitcom's theme song features the nostalgic lyrics heard here?
(Audience sings:
"Boy the way Glenn Miller played.
Songs that made the Hit Parade.
Guys like us, we had it made.
Those were the days.")

A - I Love Lucy
B - All in the Family
C - The Honeymooners
D - My Three Sons

$2K - "Just one more thing" is the catchphrase of what classic TV detective?

A - Kojak
B - Mannix
C - Perry Mason
D - Columbo

Just the other day Scott used this phrase with his boss and said, "I'm just like D - Columbo."

$4K - Which of the following has never been an outlandish plot element on "Desperate Housewives"?

A - supermarket hostage crisis
B - love affair with a clergyman
C - assault on a meter man
D - homicidal pharmacist

Scott says it's time to use one of his lifelines and he decides to ask the audience.

ATA results:
A - 22%
B - 37%
C - 31%
D - 10%

Scott groans when he sees the results. He decides to use another lifeline and asks to call Elizabeth, a co-worker and reference librarian where Scott works. Elizabeth asks him to repeat the answers, leaving 6 seconds. She says she's not sure but she thinks it's the third one. Scott decides to go with that as his final answer and drops back to $1K.

Commercial break

ANSWERS:
$100 - B (Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman)
$200 - D (Candid Camera)
$300 - C (Punky Brewster)
$500 - B (a ventriloquist)
$1K - B (All in the Family)
$2K - D (Columbo)
$4K - B (love affair with a clergyman)
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

earendel

Re: Transcript 11/14/2007 - Scott Rodas

#2 Post by earendel » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:28 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Scott Rodas
West Creek, NJ

I'm guessing this is in the WE® area.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Scott knows TV and loves TV and is ready to get going.
Cue the ominous organ music.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Scott wears his love for TV on his body. He has a TV tattoo on his right upper arm.
Add the throbbing drums.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Meredith says that the next question is the TV theme song question - she will read the question and she and the audience will sing the words.
At least this time the audience managed to come close to staying on-key.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2K - "Just one more thing" is the catchphrase of what classic TV detective?

A - Kojak
B - Mannix
C - Perry Mason
D - Columbo

Just the other day Scott used this phrase with his boss and said, "I'm just like D - Columbo."
Not to put too fine a point on it, but Perry Mason was an attorney, not a detective. Paul Drake was the detective.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4K - Which of the following has never been an outlandish plot element on "Desperate Housewives"?

A - supermarket hostage crisis
B - love affair with a clergyman
C - assault on a meter man
D - homicidal pharmacist
I'd have had no idea and would have used ATA just as Scott did.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:ATA results:
A - 22%
B - 37%
C - 31%
D - 10%

Scott groans when he sees the results.
I would have groaned also. This is a pretty popular show, I thought, so why the three-way split on the answers?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:He decides to use another lifeline and asks to call Elizabeth, a co-worker and reference librarian where Scott works. Elizabeth asks him to repeat the answers, leaving 6 seconds. She says she's not sure but she thinks it's the third one. Scott decides to go with that as his final answer and drops back to $1K.
This would be a tough one to Google so it would require a PAF who actually watched the show. I thought it was "C" also.

So the guy who "knows TV and loves TV" doesn't do very well.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:10 am

earendel wrote:
West Creek, NJ
I'm guessing this is in the WE® area.

I'd never heard of West Creek, but Google Maps has it near the Jersey Shore, south of Manahawkin. And since that's ESE of Philly, I'd say that's not in the WABC viewing area.

NellyLunatic1980

#4 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:41 am

West Creek, NJ
Philadelphia area, so not a WE®.

$4K: I've watched only two episodes of this show, so ATA.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:ATA results:
A - 22%
B - 37%
C - 31%
D - 10%
<grumble>®

I guess I'll have to gamble on my PAF now.

tanstaafl2

#5 Post by tanstaafl2 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:31 am

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2K - "Just one more thing" is the catchphrase of what classic TV detective?

A - Kojak
B - Mannix
C - Perry Mason
D - Columbo

Not to put too fine a point on it, but Perry Mason was an attorney, not a detective. Paul Drake was the detective.
Being an attorney does not preclude one from also being a detective, in reality if not in name. Matlock would be another example of this "genre" along with probably a number of others.

While Drake was clearly in the role of the private dick on the show it was Mason who took in all the facts, mulled them over, and came to the (usually) correct conclusion. Sounds rather like detective work to me!
If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Some people are like a Slinky. They are not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs...
~tanstaafl2

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
Ne Illegitimi Carborundum
Cumann na gClann Uí Thighearnaigh

earendel

#6 Post by earendel » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:32 am

tanstaafl2 wrote:
earendel wrote:

A - Kojak
B - Mannix
C - Perry Mason
D - Columbo

Being an attorney does not preclude one from also being a detective, in reality if not in name. Matlock would be another example of this "genre" along with probably a number of others.

While Drake was clearly in the role of the private dick on the show it was Mason who took in all the facts, mulled them over, and came to the (usually) correct conclusion. Sounds rather like detective work to me!
True, but the other three answers were the names of actual detectives (two police, one private). They should have put "Rockford" in place of "Perry Mason".
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

peacock2121

#7 Post by peacock2121 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:47 am

Lynette got shot in the supermarket thing.

Gabrielle had the run in with the meter man.

Bree had the affair with the nutso pharmacist.

Carlos came close to an affair with a nun, but that's not the same.