Transcript 11/14/2007 - Andrea Ulrich

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 11/14/2007 - Andrea Ulrich

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:21 pm

Andrea Ulrich
Minneapolis, MN

Andrea is obsessed with television. She can't find anyone at home to talk about it so being in the Green Room is like being with a therapy group.

$100 - A popular '70s show depicted three "angels" who work as detectives for an unseen host named what?

A - Charlie
B - Jamie
C - Frankie
D - Cousin Itt

Andrea used to pretend she was one of them. Meredith asks which one, to which Andrea replied, "Sometimes I was the smart one and sometimes I wanted to be the pretty one so we alternated."

$200 - The female protagonist of the '80s sitcom "Out of This World" was half-human, half what?

A - mermaid
B - elf
C - space alien
D - vampire

$300 - What TV show's opening asked, "Can two divorced men share an apartment without driving each other crazy"?

A - The Odd Couple
B - My Two Dads
C - Perfect Strangers
D - Bosom Buddies

Andrea says that she's the "Oscar" in her relationship and her boyfriend is "Felix." After revealing the answer Meredith comments that she's an "Oscar", too.

$500 - What would be the title of "Leave it to Beaver" if it featured the lead character's given name?

A - Leave it to Arnold
B - Leave it to Walter
C - Leave it to Jerome
D - Leave it to Theodore

Meredith says that the next question is the TV theme song question - she will read the question and she and the audience will sing the words.

$1K - The following lyrics are featured in the rollicking theme song for what classic show?
(Audience sings:
"Here we come
Walkin' down the street.
We get the funniest looks from
Ev'ry one we meet.")

Andrea completes the song with the line, "Hey, hey, we're the Monkees!" Meredith says to let her read the answers first. Andrea is very excited.

A - F Troop
B - The Monkees
C - H.R. Pufnstuf
D - Mr. Ed

Commercial break

$2K - Comic actor Daniel Stern was the "voice" of the young lead character's inner thoughts on what series?

A - Parker Lewis Can't Lose
B - The Wonder Years
C - Doogie Howser, M.D.
D - Boy Meets World

$4K - On "Batman", the secret switch used to access the Batcave is hidden in a bust of what famous man?

A - Julius Caesar
B - Albert Einstein
C - Ludwig van Beethoven
D - William Shakespeare

Andrea says she needs the audience's help with this one.

ATA results:
A - 15%
B - 15%
C - 34%
D - 36%

Andrea says, "Boy that's close," then, a little later, "Wow, that is really close." Meredith asks if Andrea had a gut feeling or if she watched the show. Andrea replies that her feeling doesn't match up with what the audience chose. She decides to go for it and make "D" her final answer.

THE HORN!!!!!

ANSWERS:
$100 - A (Charlie)
$200 - C (space alien)
$300 - A (The Odd Couple)
$500 - D (Leave it to Theodore)
$1K - B (The Monkees)
$2K - B (The Wonder Years)
$4K - D (William Shakespeare)
Last edited by BBTranscriptTeam on Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

earendel

Re: Transcript 11/14/2007 - Andrea Ulrich

#2 Post by earendel » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:31 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Andrea Ulrich
Minneapolis, MN
One thing I've noticed is that the contestants' occupations aren't mentioned much.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$200 - The female protagonist of the '80s sitcom "Out of This World" was half-human, half what?

A - mermaid
B - elf
C - space alien
D - vampire
Never heard of the show but the title makes the answer obvious.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Meredith says that the next question is the TV theme song question - she will read the question and she and the audience will sing the words.

$1K - The following lyrics are featured in the rollicking theme song for what classic show?
(Audience sings:
"Here we come
Walkin' down the street.
Ev'ry one we meet.")

Andrea completes the song with the line, "Hey, hey, we're the Monkees!" Meredith says to let her read the answers first. Andrea is very excited.
This was funny, and I'm surprised other contestants didn't do the same.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4K - On "Batman", the secret switch used to access the Batcave is hidden in a bust of what famous man?

A - Julius Caesar
B - Albert Einstein
C - Ludwig van Beethoven
D - William Shakespeare
I wasn't 100% sure but I seem to remember the bust having a ruffled collar and a Van Dyke type of beard, which points to Shakespeare being the right answer. I'd have gone with that answer in the Hot Seat.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Andrea says she needs the audience's help with this one.

ATA results:
A - 15%
B - 15%
C - 34%
D - 36%

Andrea says, "Boy that's close," then, a little later, "Wow, that is really close." Meredith asks if Andrea had a gut feeling or if she watched the show. Andrea replies that her feeling doesn't match up with what the audience chose. She decides to go for it and make "D" her final answer.
That was a pretty brutal audience split.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

Re: Transcript 11/14/2007 - Andrea Ulrich

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:18 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Meredith says that the next question is the TV theme song question - she will read the question and she and the audience will sing the words.

(Audience sings:
"Here we come
Walkin' down the street.
Ev'ry one we meet.")

earendel wrote:This was funny, and I'm surprised other contestants didn't do the same.
Yeah, and what about the audience? First, I wonder if they have the chance to practice during a commercial break or something, since a lot of them might not recognize the tune immediately from the first line. But then, having gotten into it, how do you stop there from being at least a handful of folks who continue singing the spoiler line?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4K - On "Batman", the secret switch used to access the Batcave is hidden in a bust of what famous man?

A - Julius Caesar
B - Albert Einstein
C - Ludwig van Beethoven
D - William Shakespeare

Andrea says she needs the audience's help with this one.

ATA results:
A - 15%
B - 15%
C - 34%
D - 36%

earendel wrote:That was a pretty brutal audience split.
Yep. And it just goes to show that these TV questions are undervalued, compared to what they'd be worth on a regular episode.

NellyLunatic1980

#4 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:48 am

$300: Whoops! I llamaed out. I said "My Two Dads".