Transcript 11/15/07 - Frank Lockwood

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 11/15/07 - Frank Lockwood

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:40 pm

TV Week

Frank Lockwood
Atlanta, GA
Family Practice doctor

Frank has been a TV junkie since he was five or six. Scooby-Doo was one of his early favorites.

$100
On the long-running TV series "Matlock," Andy Griffith plays a renowned what?

A: Stuntman B: Attorney
C: Chef D: Oatmeal enthusiast

$200
The '80s TV series "Knight Rider" prominently featured which of these unusual "characters"?

A: Talking car B: Talking baby
C: Talking dog D: Talking portrait

$300
Actress Eliza Dushku plays Tru Davies in a Fox TV drama with what title?

A: Tru Colors B: Ringing Tru
C: Tru Calling D: Sad But Tru

Frank: Gosh darnit! Golly gosh golly!

Meredith: Well, you have three lifelines.

Frank: Yeah, I feel so poopy, like going ahead and doing the first one right off the top and I think I know what it is but I am going to ask the audience.

ATA: A: 52% B: 4% C: 35% D: 9%

Frank was leaning toward Tru Colors.

Frank: Boy! If I don't get this, I just think you're the greatest thing since sliced bread. I want you to know that.

Meredith: Frank, I appreciate that very much, but if you're not feeling confident you do have other lifelines. You want to get to $1,000.

Frank: I feel like such a dork, because I was going to do so well!

Meredith: I want you to stop that right now.

Frank: You're right! Okay, okay, okay! Good energy! Good energy! Good energy! Ummm, I'm gonna go with the audience and if I go, I go; I'll give you a great big hug. Tru Colors, final answer.

Frank drops to $0.

-- Commercial Break --

Answers:
$100: B: Attorney
$200: A: Talking car
$300: C: Tru Calling

NellyLunatic1980

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:12 am

Curses! Dursted again!

It's been a while since the audience has helped a contestant to llama out. And "Tru Calling" was a fairly recent show, too!

earendel

Re: Transcript 11/15/07 - Frank Lockwood

#3 Post by earendel » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:35 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:TV Week

Frank Lockwood
Atlanta, GA
Family Practice doctor
At least this time we get some idea as to what the contestant's profession is. But how does he have time to watch much TV if he's a doctor?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Frank has been a TV junkie since he was five or six. Scooby-Doo was one of his early favorites.
<Sheesh>® How old is this guy that his TV memories only go back to Scooby-Doo?
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: $300
Actress Eliza Dushku plays Tru Davies in a Fox TV drama with what title?

A: Tru Colors B: Ringing Tru
C: Tru Calling D: Sad But Tru

Frank: Yeah, I feel so poopy, like going ahead and doing the first one right off the top and I think I know what it is but I am going to ask the audience.

ATA: A: 52% B: 4% C: 35% D: 9%
And that explains why the show only lasted for slightly more than a season. It was a cross between "Ghost Whisperer" and "Journeyman" - Tru worked in a morgue and dead people would ask for her help, whereupon she would revisit the same day in order to prevent the death. Toward the end of the first season the show introduced an "evil counterpart" who was supposed to stop her from intervening so that fate would take its course (sort of like the "Evil Leaper" from "Quantum Leap").

Can you tell that I liked the show? :lol:

Frank was leaning toward Tru Colors.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Frank: You're right! Okay, okay, okay! Good energy! Good energy! Good energy! Ummm, I'm gonna go with the audience and if I go, I go; I'll give you a great big hug. Tru Colors, final answer."
And "Tru" to his word he did give Meredith that hug.

FWIW I take back what I said earlier this week - I said this theme week was chosen in order to bump up the money giveaway totals, but the last two days have proved me wrong.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

MarleysGh0st

#4 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:14 am

earendel wrote: FWIW I take back what I said earlier this week - I said this theme week was chosen in order to bump up the money giveaway totals, but the last two days have proved me wrong.
The question writers get carried away on theme week show and think these "experts" can answer anything, so they wildly undervalue the questions. When only 35% of the audience can guess the right answer on a $300 question, that's pretty strong evidence that it is not a $300 question!

gsabc

#5 Post by gsabc » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:49 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
earendel wrote: FWIW I take back what I said earlier this week - I said this theme week was chosen in order to bump up the money giveaway totals, but the last two days have proved me wrong.
The question writers get carried away on theme week show and think these "experts" can answer anything, so they wildly undervalue the questions. When only 35% of the audience can guess the right answer on a $300 question, that's pretty strong evidence that it is not a $300 question!
Strongly agree. You don't place questions on one-season wonders in the lower tier.

OTOH, you could make a $1MM question out of the name of the show cancelled halfway through its first episode. It did finish airing, but it never reared its ugly head again.
Spoiler
"Turn-On", an attempt at a "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In" clone that was in such bad taste and had so many people calling local affiliates to complain, TPTB decided to ditch the series while the first episode was still being broadcast. Guest star was Tim Conway, who probably would like to erase it from humanity's memory.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:55 am

gsabc wrote: OTOH, you could make a $1MM question out of the name of the show cancelled halfway through its first episode. It did finish airing, but it never reared its ugly head again.
Spoiler
"Turn-On", an attempt at a "Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In" clone that was in such bad taste and had so many people calling local affiliates to complain, TPTB decided to ditch the series while the first episode was still being broadcast. Guest star was Tim Conway, who probably would like to erase it from humanity's memory.
Wow! I don't remember hearing about that one. A qualifier for the Hall of Infamy, indeed!

gsabc

#7 Post by gsabc » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:12 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
gsabc wrote: OTOH, you could make a $1MM question out of the name of the show cancelled halfway through its first episode. It did finish airing, but it never reared its ugly head again.
Spoiler
Wow! I don't remember hearing about that one. A qualifier for the Hall of Infamy, indeed!
Worse than just remembering it, I watched it. I was a big fan of Laugh-In and of Conway's. Even in my teenage years, though, I could recognize crap when I saw it.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

earendel

#8 Post by earendel » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:34 am

gsabc wrote:
MarleysGh0st wrote:
Strongly agree. You don't place questions on one-season wonders in the lower tier.

OTOH, you could make a $1MM question out of the name of the show cancelled halfway through its first episode. It did finish airing, but it never reared its ugly head again.
Spoiler
That would be a dream question for me. I watched the episode in 1969 and thought it was hilarious.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

peacock2121

#9 Post by peacock2121 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:02 am

I never heard of such a show.

yikers

silverscreenselect

#10 Post by silverscreenselect » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:03 am

MarleysGh0st wrote: Wow! I don't remember hearing about that one. A qualifier for the Hall of Infamy, indeed!
My vote for the most infamous of the infamous was You're in the Picture, hosted by Jackie Gleason. It was a quiz show cancelled after one episode that was so bad that Gleason went on the air the following week to apologize to the audience for the show.

You won't see anyone associated with today's reality shows do that, much as they need to.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#11 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:04 am

earendel wrote: At least this time we get some idea as to what the contestant's profession is. But how does he have time to watch much TV if he's a doctor?
My husband watches a lot of TV.

mellytu74

#12 Post by mellytu74 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:39 pm

Now that I have a very steady position, I "see" the show via these transcripts and The Boyfriend, who watches it every day at lunch.

So, all I can say is, WOW. Unbelievable!!

Undervalued is a mild way of putting it.

gs -- I saw Turn-On, too. So, WE"RE the two people....

frogman042
Bored Pun-dit

Did anyone else realize his name is almost a trivia question

#13 Post by frogman042 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:44 am

I just found out about this board - I tried out for WWTBAM this spring and got the card that I'm in the contestent pool - and have found this site - I've been going through the transcripts more to hone stategy then anything else and have enjoyed it quite a bit (including the comments - I love the 'llama' term as I remember that episode from the night-time version).

What struck me about this episode was the contestants name - in 2001: A Space Odyssey - one of the two astronauts name was FRANK Poole was played by Gary LOCKWOOD - so when I saw Frank Lockwood name 2001 popped right into my head - or is this way to obscure?

NellyLunatic1980

#14 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:47 am

Congrats on your :) card, frogman! Be sure to let us know when you get "the call" and tape your show so that we can get prepared for it.

I'm hoping for a :) card myself after I go down to Atlanta for a road audition.