Transcript 11/10/08 Jeffrey Mueller

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 11/10/08 Jeffrey Mueller

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:10 pm

Jeffrey Mueller
Elkridge, MD
Ninth-Grade Teacher (American Government)

Jeffrey is part of a band, Six Ounces of Cheese, with some of the other faculty at his school.

Jeffrey presents Meredith with an autographed Six Ounces of Cheese T-shirt.

Topic Tree:

The First Dollar
Sweet Surrender
Social Security
Chieftains
Flaw & Order
Pop TV
Political Families
Foreign Tongues
Adam Sandler
Louis Louis
I Remember!
Very Graphic
Celebrity Pets
Playing Doctor
Going Ape

$100 In 2008, Entertainment Weekly jokingly declared “National Giant Horny Ape Awareness Week” to honor what film’s anniversary?
A. Casablanca
B. King Kong
C. Vertigo
D. My Fair Monkey
Spoiler
B. King Kong (5)
$200 In the board game “Operation,” an ice cream cone in the patient’s head denotes what ailment?
A. Funny bone
B. Brain freeze
C. Writer’s cramp
D. Charlie horse
Spoiler
B. Brain freeze (9)
$300 Several of Martha Stewart’s cats, including Mozart, Vivaldi and Verdi, are named after famous what?
A. Classical composers
B. Jazz musicians
C. Silent-film stars
D. Painters
Spoiler
A. Classical composers (7)
$500 Usually aimed at adults, a “graphic novel” is a slightly fancier form of what type of book?
A. Datebook
B. Cookbook
C. Checkbook
D. Comic book
Spoiler
D. Comic book (3)
$1K “You always want a second helping” is a common mnemonic for remembering that there are two “S”s in what word?
A. Passport
B. Dessert
C. Missile
D. Necessary
Spoiler
B. Dessert ( 8 )
$2K In 1849, Louis Pasteur joined the faculty at Strasbourg University to teach classes on what subject?
A. Astronomy
B. Psychology
C. Chemistry
D. Anatomy
Spoiler
C. Chemistry (12)
$4K In 2008 comedy, Adam Sandler plays an Israeli assassin-turned-hairstylist in “You Don’t Mess With the” what?
A. Yosef
B. Moshe
C. Zohan
D. Shlomi

Jeffrey: I didn’t see it, but I’m pretty sure it was A. Yosef final answer. Oh God it’s no, it’s.

Jeffrey leaves with $1K.

Spoiler
C. Zohan (20)
commercial break

Answers:
$100 B. King Kong
$200 B. Brain freeze
$300 A. Classical composers
$500 D. Comic book
$1K B. Dessert
$2K C. Chemistry
$4K C. Zohan

MarleysGh0st

Re: Transcript 11/10/08 Jeffrey Mueller

#2 Post by MarleysGh0st » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:45 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4K In 2008 comedy, Adam Sandler plays an Israeli assassin-turned-hairstylist in “You Don’t Mess With the” what?
A. Yosef
B. Moshe
C. Zohan
D. Shlomi

Jeffrey: I didn’t see it, but I’m pretty sure it was A. Yosef final answer. Oh God it’s no, it’s.

Jeffrey leaves with $1K.

Spoiler
C. Zohan (20)
And the damned clock claims another victim. Alas for the days when you could think over the choices one more time after Meredith asked, "Final answer?"

madamemeisha

#3 Post by madamemeisha » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:51 pm

This was awful. He was so nice and I remember thinking he seemed like one of the smartest contestants. Just one of those moments where you speak before you think.

Winnamill

#4 Post by Winnamill » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:15 pm

The biggest nightmare for us all besides being a llama.

secondchance
Possum Hunter!

#5 Post by secondchance » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:37 pm

This poor guy. He left muttering, "I should have asked, I should have asked..." He actually kind of mouthed an "m" (for Moshe) after saying, "oh god, no, it's," so he obviously just didn't know the correct answer, but I think TDC(!) must really screw with some folks' heads. I know it would mine. :roll:

clem21
Nose Exploder

#6 Post by clem21 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:41 pm

OK, trying hard not to be insensitive but 30 seconds is a pretty darn long time for a question like this.
If you know it you can think it over and have plenty of time to answer.
If you don't you can analyze whether you can make an educated guess or use a lifeline
Now I only read this transcript but it's very easy to blame the clock but there were 20 seconds left. No, I'd put this one down to poor decision making and a case of Hot Seat-itis...
"Some people never go crazy, What truly horrible lives they must live..."
-Charles Bukowski

2011 [Bleep]house Rats Award Winner
2011 I've Been Everywhere New England Region Co-Champion

doitneatly

#7 Post by doitneatly » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:08 pm

Second Chance wrote:This poor guy. He left muttering, "I should have asked, I should have asked..." He actually kind of mouthed an "m" (for Moshe) after saying, "oh god, no, it's," so he obviously just didn't know the correct answer, but I think TDC(!) must really screw with some folks' heads. I know it would mine. :roll:
I'm not so sure TDC was to blame here; I agree with you that he somehow seemed to realize his answer was wrong yet he was still uncertain about the right answer. I'm guessing his panic struck because he heard a gasp from the audience. This was a very heavily promoted movie, after all.. I unintentionally gasped while watching at home, and I'm sure I wasn't alone.
"When you don't know what you're doing, do it neatly."

secondchance
Possum Hunter!

#8 Post by secondchance » Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:09 am

Yes, I do agree he made a bad call. But I still think that the whole concept of TDC just really messes with the beauty of the long standing luxury of having the time to analyze and sort things out in a rational manner without feeling the stress and panic caused by this restriction, which then can lead to a chain reaction of bad decisions made in a very short time span. I've found, by just playing along this season, that I've made some really stupid mistakes that wouldn't have happened with more time to think.

MarleysGh0st

#9 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:00 am

Second Chance wrote:Yes, I do agree he made a bad call. But I still think that the whole concept of TDC just really messes with the beauty of the long standing luxury of having the time to analyze and sort things out in a rational manner without feeling the stress and panic caused by this restriction, which then can lead to a chain reaction of bad decisions made in a very short time span. I've found, by just playing along this season, that I've made some really stupid mistakes that wouldn't have happened with more time to think.
Right. The rule about banking leftover time for the $1 million question makes one want to answer as quickly as possible, even though the likelihood of seeing that top question is remote and using what little time there is on the question in play would be more useful. The lack of the clock was one of the last things left (after the death of the Phone Game) that made WWTBAM different.

Ironically enough, 5th Grader may now be the only show left without any (apparent) time constraint. Unfortunately, the contestants cast for that show seldom can use their time to think. :|

themanintheseersuckersuit

#10 Post by themanintheseersuckersuit » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:46 am

Louis Louis
They just keep taunting me.
Suitguy is not bitter.

feels he represents the many educated and rational onlookers who believe that the hysterical denouncement of lay scepticism is both unwarranted and counter-productive

The problem, then, is that such calls do not address an opposition audience so much as they signal virtue. They talk past those who need convincing. They ignore actual facts and counterargument. And they are irreparably smug.

NellyLunatic1980

#11 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:40 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Jeffrey Mueller
Elkridge, MD
We've been getting a lot of teachers outside of Teachers Week lately.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Jeffrey is part of a band, Six Ounces of Cheese, with some of the other faculty at his school.
What Else®
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:The First Dollar
Sweet Surrender
Social Security
Chieftains
Flaw & Order
Pop TV
Political Families
Foreign Tongues
Adam Sandler
Louis Louis
I Remember!
Very Graphic
Celebrity Pets
Playing Doctor
Going Ape
First ten look good. Final five are gonna be pains in the arse.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$200 In the board game “Operation,” an ice cream cone in the patient’s head denotes what ailment?
A. Funny bone
B. Brain freeze
C. Writer’s cramp
D. Charlie horse
IIRC, this is a rewrite of a past question which asked what ailment was added to the game.

Nihil obstat®

MarleysGh0st

#12 Post by MarleysGh0st » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:43 am

NellyLunatic1980 wrote:We've been getting a lot of teachers outside of Teachers Week lately.
These may be the teachers who were invited for Teachers Week but didn't get their turn in those episodes.

earendel

#13 Post by earendel » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:52 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote: Jeffrey Mueller
Elkridge, MD

Jeffrey is part of a band, Six Ounces of Cheese, with some of the other faculty at his school.
I thought teacher week was over. Nice band name and band name members ("Big Cheddar", "Gouda")
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$1K “You always want a second helping” is a common mnemonic for remembering that there are two “S”s in what word?
A. Passport
B. Dessert
C. Missile
D. Necessary
Spoiler
B. Dessert ( 8 )
"Common"??? I've never heard of it.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2K In 1849, Louis Pasteur joined the faculty at Strasbourg University to teach classes on what subject?
A. Astronomy
B. Psychology
C. Chemistry
D. Anatomy
Spoiler
C. Chemistry (12)
OK, is it just I or does this seem like a particularly tricky question for such a low dollar value? After all, Pasteur is known for his work with rabies, which could lead one to choose "D" as the answer.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$4K In 2008 comedy, Adam Sandler plays an Israeli assassin-turned-hairstylist in “You Don’t Mess With the” what?
A. Yosef
B. Moshe
C. Zohan
D. Shlomi

Jeffrey: I didn’t see it, but I’m pretty sure it was A. Yosef final answer. Oh God it’s no, it’s...

Jeffrey leaves with $1K.

Spoiler
C. Zohan (20)
What a shame! This may be another problem caused by the clock - in order to save time for later Jeffrey blurted out an answer without taking time to think it through.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Hotseat Or Bust!
Bored Hottie

#14 Post by Hotseat Or Bust! » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:49 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$200 In the board game “Operation,” an ice cream cone in the patient’s head denotes what ailment?
A. Funny bone
B. Brain freeze
C. Writer’s cramp
D. Charlie horse
IIRC, this is a rewrite of a past question which asked what ailment was added to the game.

Nihil obstat®[/quote] Yes, they seem to enjoy Operation questions, there was also a question on one of this season's tests about the game.