B4 Team-Check In

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bixby17

B4 Team-Check In

#1 Post by Bixby17 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:14 am

Whoooops, day late, dollars short.

I was out most of yesterday and forgot.

How are you doing with your health fitness stuff?

Please blather.

For me, not so good. I went running earlier this week when I was feeling run down and gave myself a three day migraine. Haven't had one of those in a while. And then I ended up getting a cold. Having a cold and a migraine sucks rocks.

This is putting a damper on my half marathon training. Technically, you can still run when you have a cold unless it is in your chest, but I am not run fit enough to be able to do that.

I still have a bit of time before the race, so once I get where I can semi-breathe I think I will do the following:

1. Train with my heart rate monitor to make sure I am not running over my fitness level.

2. If the temperatures are overly warm and sunny, that I will do some treadmill running until I am fit enough to run outside with no problems. Sun can be a migraine trigger for me, along with over-exersion. Last time I trained for a marathon, I stopped getting migraines as soon as my run fitness level was better, but it took a while to get to that point. Of course, that was a little less than a decade ago.

Now I have to just pray that the kids don't catch the cold that my husband and I have. We are supposed to visit family for Thanksgiving. My cold is a very sneezy one, and if the kids don't get sick, it will be a miracle.

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#2 Post by kayrharris » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:43 am

Sorry about your migraine and your cold, Bix. I forget, you don't have any prescription meds for the migraine? I don't think I could handle a 3 day attack. Get better soon!

This being a short work week and long eating week, I need to take advantage of good weather and get out and walk if for nothing else my sanity and have the advantage of burning calories at the same time. I hope to accomplish at least that much.

Ritterskoop

#3 Post by Ritterskoop » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:29 pm

I am going grocery shopping with roomie. I need to be more involved in food choices.
If you fail to pilot your own ship, don't be surprised at what inappropriate port you find yourself docked. - Tom Robbins
--------
At the moment of commitment, the universe conspires to assist you. - attributed to Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.

peacock2121

#4 Post by peacock2121 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:41 pm

Went to a dance party last night. I loved that kinda of exercise. The person who arranged the party said she is going to form a dance of the month club. I think I will join.

mrkelley23

#5 Post by mrkelley23 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:55 pm

Slow and steady wins the race, right?

Been working on NOT overdoing, since I'm enthusiastic about going to the gym again. Stopped with the weights this afternoon, cause I felt twinges in two different places. I'll try again tomorrow, different muscle groups, lighter weights.

Meanwhile, the cardio continues....
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

Bixby17

#6 Post by Bixby17 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:30 am

kayrharris wrote:Sorry about your migraine and your cold, Bix. I forget, you don't have any prescription meds for the migraine? I don't think I could handle a 3 day attack. Get better soon!

This being a short work week and long eating week, I need to take advantage of good weather and get out and walk if for nothing else my sanity and have the advantage of burning calories at the same time. I hope to accomplish at least that much.
Imitrex usually works for me. Took three of them to get through the three days. I think the headache combined with sinuses was rough.

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#7 Post by minimetoo26 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:22 am

I made brownies.

Most other stuff was good, though.

I surrender on sleeping. Ain't gonna happen until Erin's Nightmare Phase passes.

gsabc

#8 Post by gsabc » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:43 am

Resist overloading on Turkey day, at least on the carbs. Hard to do when everyone bakes luscious desserts.

Resist buying snacks at the grocery store.

Resist eating snacks in the kitchen. Limit both to the dried cherries, which I've rationalized as therapeutic for my "gout".

May have hit a milestone on the elliptical. I don't monitor my heart rate as I exercise, but occasionally check it afterwards. Today, the high was only 113. I've been more like 130 immediately after. Plus I felt much better than usual. This could be a good thing.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.