top o' the mornin'®

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

top o' the mornin'®

#1 Post by earendel » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:24 am

It's Saturday and I'm waiting for elwing to get ready - we have tickets to see Michael Feldman's "Whad'ya Know" radio show that came to town this weekend.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

PlacentiaSoccerMom

Re: top o' the mornin'®

#2 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:02 am

earendel wrote:It's Saturday and I'm waiting for elwing to get ready - we have tickets to see Michael Feldman's "Whad'ya Know" radio show that came to town this weekend.
I love that show! Have fun!

earendel

Re: top o' the mornin'®

#3 Post by earendel » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:56 am

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:
earendel wrote:It's Saturday and I'm waiting for elwing to get ready - we have tickets to see Michael Feldman's "Whad'ya Know" radio show that came to town this weekend.
I love that show! Have fun!
It was great, but there was one disappointment. I've tried to call in on occasion to play the quiz but have only gotten through once (and I didn't know the answer). Since this show was being done locally I figured the qualifying question would be one I might know (being in the balcony I knew there would be no chance of getting selected by Michael). So when Jim read the phone number, I took out my cell phone and dialed. I got through (since they were using a local number and there is a 5-second delay of the broadcast) but when the man who takes the calls asked me where I was calling from, I told him, "The balcony in the theater." His response was, "Oh, dear, that will never work," and he hung up on me.

peacock2121

#4 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:03 am

That was just plain rude!

earendel

#5 Post by earendel » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:17 am

peacock2121 wrote:That was just plain rude!
In fairness I wasn't the first one to think of it - a woman somewhere else in the theater did the same thing and her call was ahead of mine. And it has been done on other occasions, when the show was done in other cities.