Blue Boo Hoo

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Kazoo65

Blue Boo Hoo

#1 Post by Kazoo65 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:05 pm

I just finished watching the Michigan/Ohio State game. Ugh.
There have been a lot of rumors going around this week in the media here in Michigan that Coach Carr is going to retire after the season ends. This is not how I wanted it to end. :(

Oh well, there's always next year-at least they don't have to play Applachian State again. I wonder who came up with THAT brilliant idea.
I'm just a game show nerd.

ghostjmf

#2 Post by ghostjmf » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:12 pm

Welcome back if its really you! (There's been wondering.)

Appa23

Re: Blue Boo Hoo

#3 Post by Appa23 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:27 pm

Kazoo65 wrote:I just finished watching the Michigan/Ohio State game. Ugh.
There have been a lot of rumors going around this week in the media here in Michigan that Coach Carr is going to retire after the season ends. This is not how I wanted it to end. :(

Oh well, there's always next year-at least they don't have to play Applachian State again. I wonder who came up with THAT brilliant idea.
Think of it this way.

Carr got an early retirement present in 1997. :twisted:

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:33 am

As of this morning it's official - Carr is stepping down.
Kazoo65 wrote:Oh well, there's always next year-at least they don't have to play Applachian State again. I wonder who came up with THAT brilliant idea.
Every powerhouse team looks for teams they can play early in the season in order to get some onfield experience. The smaller teams look forward to such games because of the revenue they generate (one game against a powerhouse can almost pay an entire year's football budget). I doubt that anyone expected Appalachian State to beat Michigan. This has been the year of the upset, however.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#5 Post by Bob78164 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:50 am

ghostjmf wrote:Welcome back if its really you! (There's been wondering.)
I'm pretty sure it is. The voice is spot-on, and the e-mail address seems correct. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson

nitrah55

#6 Post by nitrah55 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:56 am

Sorry about Carr.

Not sorry about game.

Nitrah55

OSU '76
I am about 25% sure of this.

SportsFan68
No Scritches!!!

#7 Post by SportsFan68 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:47 pm

earendel wrote:
As of this morning it's official - Carr is stepping down.
Kazoo65 wrote:Oh well, there's always next year-at least they don't have to play Applachian State again. I wonder who came up with THAT brilliant idea.
Every powerhouse team looks for teams they can play early in the season in order to get some onfield experience. The smaller teams look forward to such games because of the revenue they generate (one game against a powerhouse can almost pay an entire year's football budget). I doubt that anyone expected Appalachian State to beat Michigan. This has been the year of the upset, however.
For a while, one of my co-workers had "Michigan -- undefeated in Big 10 conference action!" on his office door. Then somebody scrawled underneath it, "Dude -- they lost to APPALACHIAN STATE!" Then the sign disappeared.
-- In Iroquois society, leaders are encouraged to remember seven generations in the past and consider seven generations in the future when making decisions that affect the people.
-- America would be a better place if leaders would do more long-term thinking. -- Wilma Mankiller