BB!

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

BB!

#1 Post by kayrharris » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:56 pm

What's up with the Sooners? I thought they might look a little better the 2nd half, but it's only getting worse. Looks like it doesn't pay to be in the top 5 these days.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#2 Post by Beebs52 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:26 pm

Major suckosity. It just pisses me off to no end. I thought the team was stronger than just a Bradford.

Most annoying.
Well, then

hermillion
Bored Millionaire

#3 Post by hermillion » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:28 pm

Before the season started, the coaches were saying how hard it would be to choose between the three possible starting QBs. Looks like they made the right choice, but I haven't seen enough out of the backup to figure out why the decision was difficult.

This really sucks!
"If you think in terms of a year, plant a seed; if in terms of ten years, plant a tree; if in terms of a hundred years, teach the people." - Confucious

"Who dares to teach must never cease to learn." -- John Cotton Dana

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:49 am

Beebs52 wrote:Major suckosity. It just pisses me off to no end. I thought the team was stronger than just a Bradford.

Most annoying.
I think they may be, but the loss of someone like Bradford can be a letdown for the team (see Oregon). I'm surprised that Stoops wasn't able to motivate them enough - they made a valiant effort toward the end, but it wasn't enough. And that may constitute the difference - the backup QB didn't have enough experience. Still, give Tech its due - they were able to stop the Sooners' running game and pressure the inexperienced QB.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

Appa23

#5 Post by Appa23 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:11 am

earendel wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:Major suckosity. It just pisses me off to no end. I thought the team was stronger than just a Bradford.

Most annoying.
I think they may be, but the loss of someone like Bradford can be a letdown for the team (see Oregon).
Seems to be the defining point for a good team versus a great team. It is interesting to note that both LSU and KU seemingly would not miss a step if their starting QBs went down, with Ryan Perriloux and Dylan Meier waiting in the wings (well, Meier is waiting in the slot).

I can recall one team who made a run to the national championship having to win a game on the road, against a top ten opponent, with a walk-on, third string quarterback who weighed about 170 punds soaking wet. :wink:

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#6 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:51 am

earendel wrote:

Most annoying.
I think they may be, but the loss of someone like Bradford can be a letdown for the team (see Oregon). I'm surprised that Stoops wasn't able to motivate them enough - they made a valiant effort toward the end, but it wasn't enough. And that may constitute the difference - the backup QB didn't have enough experience. Still, give Tech its due - they were able to stop the Sooners' running game and pressure the inexperienced QB.
Oh we give them their due. The mantra around our house prior to the game was "if we can just get through this one".
Well, then

Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

#7 Post by Rexer25 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:59 am

Beebs52 wrote:
earendel wrote:

Most annoying.
Oh we give them their due. The mantra around our house prior to the game was "if we can just get through this one".
As a Tech grad, I'd just like to offer a handshake in good sportsma...HA HA HA ha ha ha ha he he he he he ho ho ho, sorry, I can't do it...he he he ha ha ha ho ho ho ho ho ha ha...sorry

heh heh heh
Enough already. It's my fault! Get over it!

That'll be $10, please.

Beebs52
Queen of Wack

#8 Post by Beebs52 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:15 am

Rexer25 wrote:
Beebs52 wrote:
earendel wrote: I think they may be, but the loss of someone like Bradford can be a letdown for the team (see Oregon). I'm surprised that Stoops wasn't able to motivate them enough - they made a valiant effort toward the end, but it wasn't enough. And that may constitute the difference - the backup QB didn't have enough experience. Still, give Tech its due - they were able to stop the Sooners' running game and pressure the inexperienced QB.
As a Tech grad, I'd just like to offer a handshake in good sportsma...HA HA HA ha ha ha ha he he he he he ho ho ho, sorry, I can't do it...he he he ha ha ha ho ho ho ho ho ha ha...sorry

heh heh heh
Harrumph.
I mean, our neighbors actually left before the game was over!?!
Well, then