Transcript 11/19/2008 Johnson Family

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 11/19/2008 Johnson Family

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:20 pm

Family Week

The Johnson Family
Las Vegas, NV

Tom, straight-A student in the ninth grade
Kim , Tom's mother, substitute teacher
TD, Tom's grandpa, retired police officer

All lifelines have been used.

Kim watches TV all the time and will tell her husband Dennis that she won $25K because she watches TV, her son watches TV as well, and Grandpa is having a very good time and says to Meredith "especially you" (Awwww)

Topic tree:
The Fridge
Down Under
Bees
On the Moon
Get to work!
(The Brady Bunch)
(In the Pantry)
(Outlaws)
(Grandparents)
(In the Cafeteria)
(It's Greek to Me)
(Hotlines)
(Titanic)
(Let's Play)
(Parrots)

$50K (Get to Work):
How many months in the 2008 calendar year feature no U.S. federal holidays?
A. 2 B. 3
C. 4 D. 5

Spoiler
They quickly go through the month and count March, April, and June. With :14 left they put in B, 3, as their final answer.
However they were wrong as Meredith points out they skipped August.
They leave with $25,000.

Commercial break

silvercamaro
Dog's Best Friend

Re: Transcript 11/19/2008 Johnson Family

#2 Post by silvercamaro » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:34 pm

It's a good thing that Meredith talked to the young son before the questions began each day, or he otherwise could not have proven he was on television. This family seemed to provide an example of a single contestant -- the mom and "spokesman" -- playing the game, while coincidentally seated between relatives.
Now generating the White Hot Glare of Righteousness on behalf of BBs everywhere.

jsuchard

#3 Post by jsuchard » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:38 pm

I haven't been watching or taping WWTBAM lately, so I can't be sure just from this transcript...

But I think I saw these people at the Las Vegas audition. They were in the second group of people who passed the initial audition test and were asked back for an interview and, presumably, a second videotaped interview. Maddie, my dad, and I were in the first call-back group, so we didn't directly interact with them. However, it certainly seemed from a distance that she was the most interested party, and had brought her son and father along for the ride.
* Either Arglebargle IV or someone else.

Snaxx

#4 Post by Snaxx » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:53 pm

jsuchard wrote:I haven't been watching or taping WWTBAM lately, so I can't be sure just from this transcript...

But I think I saw these people at the Las Vegas audition. They were in the second group of people who passed the initial audition test and were asked back for an interview and, presumably, a second videotaped interview. Maddie, my dad, and I were in the first call-back group, so we didn't directly interact with them. However, it certainly seemed from a distance that she was the most interested party, and had brought her son and father along for the ride.
Here they are from yesterday's show:
Spoiler

NellyLunatic1980

#5 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:04 pm

I would've been knocked out at this question as well. I thought it was 3 (March, April, August). For some reason, I thought Flag Day was a federal holiday.

earendel

#6 Post by earendel » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:10 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:All lifelines have been used.
So I'm guessing they'll be "one-and-done" unless they get lucky with a guess on the $50K question.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$50K (Get to Work):
How many months in the 2008 calendar year feature no U.S. federal holidays?
A. 2 B. 3
C. 4 D. 5
Spoiler
They quickly go through the month and count March, April, and June. With :14 left they put in B, 3, as their final answer.
However they were wrong as Meredith points out they skipped August.
Needless to say I knew this one as soon as the question came up. There are no federal holidays in March, April, June or August. It would be nice if they could take holidays from the "multi-holiday months" (January, November) and put them in the "no-holiday" months.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

slam

#7 Post by slam » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:17 am

The clock certainly claimed a victim on this $50K question. With a team of 3 and more time, I can't imagine that they would have missed the question. Yes, I know that they had some time left when she answered, but it seems that the time pressure was exerting a strong force on them.

Bob78164
Bored Moderator

#8 Post by Bob78164 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:05 pm

jsuchard wrote:I haven't been watching or taping WWTBAM lately, so I can't be sure just from this transcript...

What was the result of your audition? I don't have you on the Audition List. --Bob
"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." Thomas Jefferson