Transcript 11/19/2008 Agrusa Family

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
BBTranscriptTeam
Keeper of the Transcripts

Transcript 11/19/2008 Agrusa Family

#1 Post by BBTranscriptTeam » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:26 pm

Family Week

Agrusa Family
Piscataway, NJ

Alex (female) 14 y.o. high school freshman, her mom Barbara P, and grandma Barbara A. Barbara P. is in the center as the answerer.
The two Barbaras like to gamble.
Alex would like for her grandparents to be able to move closer to her hometown so they could attend her sporting events.
First category is Sporting Events so hopefully it will be perfect for Alex.

Topic tree:
Chill Out
Opera
Veto Power
Cheering Section
Willie Nelson
Read the Label
Kiddie Lit
Back to Reality
Buddy Movies
Sugar Fix
Hotel Chains
Listenership
Kitchen Tips
Colonel Mustard
Sporting Events

$100 (Sporting Events):
What sporting event was named after a festival celebrating, among other things, sunny weather and blooming flowers?
A. Boston Marathon B. Rose Bowl
C. Indy 500 D. Tour de Tulips
Spoiler
B. Rose Bowl (5)

$200 (Colonel Mustard):
Hasbro's Web site asks, "Was it Colonel Mustard in the Conservatory with the Revolver?" in reference to what game?
A. Clue B. Monopoly
C. Candy Land D. Scrabble
Spoiler
A. Clue (9)

$300 (Kitchen Tips):
To keep them from turning brown, experts advise sprinkling lemon juice on fresh-cut slices of what?
A. Bread B. Apple
C. Turkey D. Cheese
Spoiler
B. Apple (9)

$500 (Listenership):
"Listenership" is the term often used to refer to the audience for what type of media?
A. Newspapers B. Television
C. Radio D. The Internet
Spoiler
C. Radio (6)

$1000 (Hotel Chains):
Which of these popular hotel chains shares its name with a prefix meaning "all"?
A. Westin B. Hyatt
C. Omni D. Hilton
Spoiler
C. Omni (7)

$2000 (Sugar Fix):
In the 1950's, the Swedish confection company Malaco introduced a line of soft, gummy candies shaped like what animals?
A. Fish B. Moose
C. Turtles D. Frogs
Spoiler
A. Fish (:23)

$4000 (Buddy Movies):
In a 2008 sequel what popular big screen duo find themselves wrongfully incarcerated in Guantanamo Bay?
A. Cheech and Chong B. Bill and Ted
C. Wayne and Garth D. Harold and Kumar
Spoiler
D. Harold and Kumar (:22)
Mere: You saw the movie, you loved the movie! Who would have thunk that silly movie would have meant $4000 to you?

$8000 (Back to Reality):
The 2008 reality series "Deion & Pilar: Prime Time Love" chronicles the hectic family life of a former what?
A. Rock star B. Professional athlete
C. Politician D. Fashion designer
Spoiler
B. Professional athlete
(Horn sounds)
Mere: Wait a minute. The bad news is that sound means we are out of time. The good news is that when you come back, you will be playing for $16,000 with all four lifelines.

NellyLunatic1980

Re: Transcript 11/19/2008 Agrusa Family

#2 Post by NellyLunatic1980 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:22 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Agrusa Family
Piscataway, NJ
A WE® trio.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Chill Out
Opera
Veto Power
Cheering Section
Willie Nelson
Read the Label
Kiddie Lit
Back to Reality
Buddy Movies
Sugar Fix
Hotel Chains
Listenership
Kitchen Tips
Colonel Mustard
Sporting Events
Read the Label is vague. No clue what kind of label they're talking about. I'll probably be using a lifeline or two on Willie Nelson, since country music is a really weak subject for me.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$200 (Colonel Mustard):
Hasbro's Web site asks, "Was it Colonel Mustard in the Conservatory with the Revolver?" in reference to what game?
A. Clue B. Monopoly
Now why would Hasbro's website say that? Hasbro dicked around with the game earlier this year... and thanks to them, there is no Colonel Mustard anymore. (Yes, I'm still mad about that.)

Nihil obstat®

MarleysGh0st

#3 Post by MarleysGh0st » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:38 pm

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Alex would like for her grandparents to be able to move closer to her hometown so they could attend her sporting events.
Most of the family lives near the shore, but you want your grandparents to retire and move away from the shore to Piscataway? I know you'd like them watching you from the stands, but that's not a very smart move, retirement-wise, Alex.

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:18 am

BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$200 (Colonel Mustard):
A. Clue B. Monopoly
Spoiler
A. Clue (9)
Not any more.
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:$2000 (Sugar Fix):
In the 1950's, the Swedish confection company Malaco introduced a line of soft, gummy candies shaped like what animals?
A. Fish B. Moose
C. Turtles D. Frogs
Spoiler
Gummi bears are German. Sweden is known for fish, so maybe that would trigger the right answer, but I would probably have ended up using ATA.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

mntetn

#5 Post by mntetn » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:04 am

earendel wrote:
BBTranscriptTeam wrote:Hasbro's Web site asks, "Was it Colonel Mustard in the Conservatory with the Revolver?" in reference to what game?
Not any more.
Actually ...
http://www.hasbro.com/shop/details.cfm? ... src=endeca

MarleysGh0st

#6 Post by MarleysGh0st » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:25 am

earendel wrote:
A. Fish B. Moose
C. Turtles D. Frogs
Spoiler
Gummi bears are German. Sweden is known for fish, so maybe that would trigger the right answer, but I would probably have ended up using ATA.
I was expecting Gummi bears to appear as the answer and was really left clueless after these choices were revealed. Are these Swedish Fish candies really common enough here in the States to make this a $2K question? :?

littlebeast13
Dumbass

#7 Post by littlebeast13 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:27 am

MarleysGh0st wrote:
earendel wrote:
A. Fish B. Moose
C. Turtles D. Frogs
Spoiler
I was expecting Gummi bears to appear as the answer and was really left clueless after these choices were revealed. Are these Swedish Fish candies really common enough here in the States to make this a $2K question? :?
We sell Swedish Fish in the candy aisle at work....

They are on the bottom shelf though, so maybe it should've been a 4K question instead....

lb13
Thursday comics! Squirrel pictures! The link to my CafePress store! All kinds of fun stuff!!!!

Visit my Evil Squirrel blog here: http://evilsquirrelsnest.com