Nice day for Andrew Jackson

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Snaxx

Nice day for Andrew Jackson

#1 Post by Snaxx » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:30 pm

The president who is now being featured on the History Channel...

... and our BB who saw the Houston Dynamo become MLS Cup Champions for the second straight year, this time coming from behind in the second half to win 2-1. I wonder if our AJ was among the orange-clad Houston crowd at the game and is therefore still partying in DC tonight.

earendel

Re: Nice day for Andrew Jackson

#2 Post by earendel » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:28 am

jacorbett70 wrote:The president who is now being featured on the History Channel...

... and our BB who saw the Houston Dynamo become MLS Cup Champions for the second straight year, this time coming from behind in the second half to win 2-1. I wonder if our AJ was among the orange-clad Houston crowd at the game and is therefore still partying in DC tonight.
I don't know if he was there but I'm sure he watched it one way or another.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

gsabc

#3 Post by gsabc » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:20 am

The New England Revolution have become the Buffalo Bills of pro soccer, or maybe, more accurately, the pre-2004 Red Sox. Four championship game appearances, four one-goal losses. This one would have been a nice parlay for the Krafts.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

andrewjackson

#4 Post by andrewjackson » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:00 am

Oh, yeah. I was there!

Two years, two cups!

Amazing, amazing game especially to come from behind against a team like New England. Our guys played like champions especially in the 2nd half. And that was missing our best goal scorer, Brian Ching, to an injury sustained last Saturday and our All-Star defensive midfielder, Ricardo Clark, to suspension.

I don't know if this link will work but I'm waving the big orange flag with a star. And, yes, we had a couple of smoke bombs and a flare at one point.

http://lh4.google.com/morry32/R0Db2Y6mv ... imgmax=512
No matter where you go, there you are.

andrewjackson

#5 Post by andrewjackson » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:04 am

I'll try to get some better pictures later.

mrkelley23

#6 Post by mrkelley23 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:46 am

Congrats, AJ, on the Dynamo.

A little self-congratulations to the Big Red on finally winning the Bucket this year. I still haven't seen a good analysis of the Bowl picture in the Big Ten -- they may be waiting to see if OSU and/or Illinois wind up in BCS bowls, and which ones.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

Appa23

#7 Post by Appa23 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:21 pm

gsabc wrote:The New England Revolution have become the Buffalo Bills of pro soccer, or maybe, more accurately, the pre-2004 Red Sox. Four championship game appearances, four one-goal losses. This one would have been a nice parlay for the Krafts.
How ever will Boston ever recover from the loss? :wink:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ple/071119

andrewjackson

#8 Post by andrewjackson » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:28 pm

mrkelley23 wrote:Congrats, AJ, on the Dynamo.

A little self-congratulations to the Big Red on finally winning the Bucket this year. I still haven't seen a good analysis of the Bowl picture in the Big Ten -- they may be waiting to see if OSU and/or Illinois wind up in BCS bowls, and which ones.
Congratulations to Indiana. I didn't get to see the game yet but I saw the "lowlights" on Saturday night in DC.

Yeah, the Big Ten bowl picture is still a little murky. Especially with so many teams with the same/similar records. And Ohio State still having an outside shot at the national title game.

The prediction in the Houston Chronicle today had IU going to the Insight Bowl in Arizona to play Nebraska and Purdue going to the Motor City Bowl to play Central Michigan.

We shall see.

Appa23

#9 Post by Appa23 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:52 pm

andrewjackson wrote:
mrkelley23 wrote:Congrats, AJ, on the Dynamo.

Congratulations to Indiana. I didn't get to see the game yet but I saw the "lowlights" on Saturday night in DC.

Yeah, the Big Ten bowl picture is still a little murky. Especially with so many teams with the same/similar records. And Ohio State still having an outside shot at the national title game.

The prediction in the Houston Chronicle today had IU going to the Insight Bowl in Arizona to play Nebraska and Purdue going to the Motor City Bowl to play Central Michigan.

We shall see.
It is a good thing that the Big XII has so many bowl tie-ins.

Now, if we just can win against Colorado.

(It will be interesting to see Nebraska fire two consecutive coaches after wins against Colorado. Win or lose, I have to think that Tom Osborne has to pull the trigger this weekend. With the Michigan and Texas A & M jobs coming open, Nebraska can not afford to wait to get its guy.)

Snaxx

#10 Post by Snaxx » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:29 pm

Glad you were there and had such a great time. Congrats again to the Dynamo.