Amazing Race - Episode 3

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
peacock2121

Amazing Race - Episode 3

#1 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:19 am

I didn't hate Ron this week - not even close to hating him. He seems to have learned some things and put them in practice. She (Christina) needs to be ballsier and not just suggest stuuf, but to actually make stuff happen.

Lorena reminded me of - was it Zoe? - I think - and Jason - what a sweetheart - I would have been hard pressed to not make her wrong.

The grand dad is awesome.

I liked the differences in the strategy for the 'teach or learn' - how many of them decided learn so that they had their fate in their own hands.

earendel

Re: Amazing Race - Episode 3

#2 Post by earendel » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:21 am

peacock2121 wrote:I didn't hate Ron this week - not even close to hating him. He seems to have learned some things and put them in practice. She (Christina) needs to be ballsier and not just suggest stuuf, but to actually make stuff happen.

Lorena reminded me of - was it Zoe? - I think - and Jason - what a sweetheart - I would have been hard pressed to not make her wrong.

The grand dad is awesome.

I liked the differences in the strategy for the 'teach or learn' - how many of them decided learn so that they had their fate in their own hands.
I missed the show and the DVR wasn't set to record it. Normally we're home on Sunday nights long before the show airs but this week I had a class at church that lasted until 7 and a meeting that lasted far longer than I thought it would - we got home at 9:15. I was hoping this was another week when CBS had a football game that ran late, so we'd get a chance to watch part of it, but no such luck. And CBS doesn't put TAR on its Web site so it can be viewed later. :evil:
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

peacock2121

#3 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:23 am

It did run late - the show didn't start until 8:20 here.

Not sure what happens in your time zone.

earendel

#4 Post by earendel » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:28 am

peacock2121 wrote:It did run late - the show didn't start until 8:20 here.

Not sure what happens in your time zone.
How strange. When we got home, Cold Case had already started and when I checked the DVR, the show started promptly at 9PM (I record the show because often I'm ready for bed at that time).

We're on Eastern time also.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

kusch

#5 Post by kusch » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:02 am

Started on time here. I think Pea must have had the Steelers/Jets game (CDS) go over. Fox had the double header in our market.

What up with (I don't know her name) and her bawling and screaming and unable to get the milk. They were warned about quick movement and loud noises and she was the worst offender of noise--IMHO. Not sure I would have enjoyed drinking the milk, can you say gag?

They were for sure out in the middle of nowhere, wow!

christie1111
11:11

#6 Post by christie1111 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:23 am

kusch wrote:Started on time here. I think Pea must have had the Steelers/Jets game (CDS) go over. Fox had the double header in our market.

What up with (I don't know her name) and her bawling and screaming and unable to get the milk. They were warned about quick movement and loud noises and she was the worst offender of noise--IMHO. Not sure I would have enjoyed drinking the milk, can you say gag?

They were for sure out in the middle of nowhere, wow!
I have a big issue with whiny helpless female types. I think they make it so much harder for the credibility of capable women. (Even if they can't spell!)

I wanted to smack her and say 'Get a grip! You are milking an animal for crying out loud!'

And yes, her behaviour did not help her make her job any easier.

And class act of the team leaving to point out the camel which would give milk easier.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"

thguy65

#7 Post by thguy65 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:40 am

peacock2121 wrote: Lorena reminded me of - was it Zoe? - I think - and Jason - what a sweetheart - I would have been hard pressed to not make her wrong.
I believe you are thinking of Flo. Her partner was Zach.

Back in 2004, Zach wrote this NY Times article about his experience on TAR.
Tim H.

- My other computer is Image

peacock2121

#8 Post by peacock2121 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:24 am

thguy65 wrote:
peacock2121 wrote: Lorena reminded me of - was it Zoe? - I think - and Jason - what a sweetheart - I would have been hard pressed to not make her wrong.
I believe you are thinking of Flo. Her partner was Zach.

Back in 2004, Zach wrote this NY Times article about his experience on TAR.
Flo! That was her.

What a case she was!

I will come back and read what Zach had to say.

mrkelley23

#9 Post by mrkelley23 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:38 am

I kept laughing at the poor people trying to milk camels, and at the antics of Lorena. Definitely NOT a farm girl. That's part of what makes TAR such good TV, though -- people are placed in situations they never thought about, and have to deal with them one way or another. I kept thinking about the poor woman who had to get something off the floor of a swimming pool, --- and she couldn't swim!

Nothing like a hernia to make a proud man humble, is there?

Grandpa was exactly on the money about the milking challenge. And the sisters must be kicking themselves about giving Lorena the hint that knocked them out of the race. Hint: if you're in next-to-last, it's okay to not give help to last place.

Still considering driving up to Chicago for open casting call for TAR. I would absolutely love to have this experience with my wife.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman

takinover

#10 Post by takinover » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:14 pm

christie1111 wrote: And class act of the team leaving to point out the camel which would give milk easier.
Editing to add spoiler just in case
Spoiler
Unfortunately for them, that act of kindness came back to bite that team and caused them to be eliminated.

christie1111
11:11

#11 Post by christie1111 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:26 am

takinover wrote:
christie1111 wrote: And class act of the team leaving to point out the camel which would give milk easier.
Editing to add spoiler just in case
Spoiler
Unfortunately for them, that act of kindness came back to bite that team and caused them to be eliminated.
I missed that. You are right!

Well, it is a game. I guess they shouldn't have helped.
"A bed without a quilt is like the sky without stars"