top o' the mornin'®

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
earendel

top o' the mornin'®

#1 Post by earendel » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:26 am

We're having yo-yo weather this week - it was in the 40s on Saturday, the 50s yesterday, the 60s today and is supposed to be in the 70s tomorrow, but then we drop back into the 40s for Thanksgiving day and the weekend.

Through a series of circumstances our Thanksgiving is going to be celebrated by somewhere around 25 people. There are six in our family, plus one new wife and one fiancee, the fiancee's parents and siblings, three old friends and two church members who are like family. This week will be filled with lots of cooking and cleaning. elwing has parceled out the responsibilities for various Thanksgiving dishes, reserving the turkey, the green bean casserole and the bread.
"Elen sila lumenn omentielvo...A star shines on the hour of our meeting."

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#2 Post by minimetoo26 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:33 am

We are back on the temperature upswing, with mid-70's being forecast for Wednesday and Thursday, before plunging back downward.

My Thanksgiving will be much better than my neighbors', whatever the weather. The neighbor with the Guillain-Barre is back in the hospital for 2-3 weeks, now unable to walk. They haven't been able to diagnose which strain she has, but it seems the early optimism was...early. :( She has a son Mini-me's age and a daughter Rain Man's age. I almost wish we weren't going to be gone.

gsabc

Re: top o' the mornin'®

#3 Post by gsabc » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:37 am

earendel wrote:We're having yo-yo weather this week - it was in the 40s on Saturday, the 50s yesterday, the 60s today and is supposed to be in the 70s tomorrow, but then we drop back into the 40s for Thanksgiving day and the weekend.

Through a series of circumstances our Thanksgiving is going to be celebrated by somewhere around 25 people. There are six in our family, plus one new wife and one fiancee, the fiancee's parents and siblings, three old friends and two church members who are like family. This week will be filled with lots of cooking and cleaning. elwing has parceled out the responsibilities for various Thanksgiving dishes, reserving the turkey, the green bean casserole and the bread.
T-day is predicted for the 60's around here. 25 people is my family's average attendance. Actual depends on how many of the more distant folks can make it. Your celebration sounds very similar to ours, ear.

Most of the ingredients for our contribution are already in the fridge. GW will be baking and mixing while I finish clearing our bedroom for a new dresser-slash-TV stand being delivered on Friday.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

PlacentiaSoccerMom

Re: top o' the mornin'®

#4 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:14 pm

earendel wrote:We're having yo-yo weather this week - it was in the 40s on Saturday, the 50s yesterday, the 60s today and is supposed to be in the 70s tomorrow, but then we drop back into the 40s for Thanksgiving day and the weekend.

Sounds like Southern California. Last week it was in the 90's. This morning it was 52 degrees when I took Maddie to school at 6:50 a.m.

Bob Juch

#5 Post by Bob Juch » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:53 pm

It's 70° in Denver now, but the low will be 31. High tomorrow will be just 50° then a low of 19°. Wednesday will have a high of just 28° with a 50% chance of snow.

As they say there, "If you don't like the weather, wait a day."