B4 Team-The List

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
Bixby17

B4 Team-The List

#1 Post by Bixby17 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:55 am

Week 242

Thanksgiving week. Your assignment for the thread:

1. Pick one thing you are going to work on this week.

2. What are you thankful for?

1. Coming off of my cold, I am feeling fluffy. I'm going to hit the gym or go running every day this week. Either a hard workout or an active recovery workout.

2. I am thankful for a lot of things. Mostly the health and happiness of my friends and family.

gsabc

#2 Post by gsabc » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:06 am

Answer to #1. Resist overloading on the carbs at the Feast. Very difficult when everyone bakes such delicious desserts.

Answer to #2. I am thankful that so many of my aunts and uncles are still around to enjoy the Feast with their children, grandchildren, and in the case of my mother, great-grandchildren (one present, one in utero). The "baby" of the family is something like 75 years old.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#3 Post by minimetoo26 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:23 am

#1 As if. I mean really. Family and travelling and stress and way too much food? I will work on staying alive through the weekend. Everything else is just gravy. Mmmmmmm....gravy......

#2 Everything! Family, health, even you guys!

Yes--you too, beast. :P You give me someone to trounce at Prison Throw! :P :P :P :P

kayrharris
Miss Congeniality

#4 Post by kayrharris » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:38 am

#1 I can watch what I eat without much trouble, but I need help with keeping my cool with a house full of people. Stress level will be extra high.

#2 Health is high on the list. One of my very good friends was just diagnosed with lymphoma and had her first chemo treatment last week. Things could be so much worse for me. I am fortunate to have all my kids here in the same town with me and no one has to travel a great distance on holidays.

ladysoleil

Re: B4 Team-The List

#5 Post by ladysoleil » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:30 am

Bixby17 wrote:Week 242

Thanksgiving week. Your assignment for the thread:

1. Pick one thing you are going to work on this week.

2. What are you thankful for?
1. I'm currently fighting off what seems to want to be a rotten cold, so I'm laying low, getting some rest, and anticipating not going off on the turkey feast later this week.

2. With all the various and sundry unpleasant crap that I've been through this year, I am incredibly thankful for my friends, who have really gone above and beyond to keep me sane, rational and in relatively good spirits.

mrkelley23

#6 Post by mrkelley23 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:44 am

1. Good weekend for me -- got to the gym multiple times, and worked enough to be sore, but it's the good sore. Now to work on the supply side -- i.e., the eating.

2. The overal health of my family is pretty amazing -- knock on wood. This past August marked the 20th anniversary of my Dad's quintuple bypass, and he's still chugging along. We'll be going to see Grandma at the nursing home on Thanksgiving -- sadly, she won't recognize any of us, but to just be here after 96 years is still pretty unbelievable.
For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Richard Feynman