Celebrity Apprentice participants

The forum for general posting. Come join the madness. :)
macrae1234

Celebrity Apprentice participants

#1 Post by macrae1234 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:01 pm

Anyone post this?

NEW YORK -- At a locked-down news conference in Manhattan last month, the cast for "Celebrity Apprentice" was introduced to members of the press. Everyone was sworn to secrecy.
Now the secret can be told, says NBC, which made public Monday the names of the cast members.
Not that they needed any introduction. Not all of them, anyway.
Not Omarosa, remembered for making everybody mad as a contestant on the first "Apprentice" season in 2004.
Why did Omarosa agree to come back?
"I did it for redemption," she told reporters.
Vincent Pastore (aka "Big Pussy" from "The Sopranos") was also instantly recognizable.
So was Stephen Baldwin, who explained his participation by noting he already had "done a bunch of reality ... I thought it would be fun to play the game."
Likewise Gene Simmons of Kiss, star of his own reality series and unabashed self-marketer.
"I'm in the Gene Simmons business," he said, so doing "The Apprentice" can only help promote his many other ventures. "Everything helps everything."
But others on hand did need a bit of introduction.
Like Nely Galan, former entertainment president of the Telemundo network and executive producer (and "life coach") of "The Swan," an extreme makeover program that aired on Fox a few years back.
Or the vaguely familiar-looking woman introduced as Marilu Henner, best-known from the sitcom "Taxi" a quarter-century ago.
The 14 celebrities won't be vying for a job with Donald Trump, as in the previous six "Apprentice" seasons, but instead will compete in business-oriented tasks around New York City to raise money for their favorite charities.
The official "Celebrity Apprentice" will win a $250,000 bonus to donate.
Tasks will be judged in the boardroom by executive producer-host Trump and his advisers, including, once again, his children/colleagues Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr.
As they met with the press in mid-October, the gathered rivals were set to face their first challenge the next day, when taping began. The show debuts Jan. 3.
Cast members for this rejiggered "Apprentice" — which in the past relied on scrappy, ambitious star-wannabes — were selected from a field of some 125 celebrity applicants, Trump told reporters.
"They were all begging to be on the show," he said. "The hardest thing was breaking it down to these 14."
One deciding factor: Each of the chosen has had experience in business, Trump said. "These people have all done something very dramatic with money."
Can they do it again, with cameras watching every move?
Actress-model Carol Alt acknowledged some initial nervousness.
"They're going to follow us in real time and that's scary, of course," she said. "I think with most all of us, we want control of our image — it's part of the work that we do."
Galan echoed Alt's trepidation.
"I've produced reality shows," Galan said. "To be on the other side is a little creepy. It's my karmic boomerang."
Other cast members include country music star Trace Adkins, Olympic gymnastics gold medalist Nadia Comaneci, Playboy Playmate of the Year Tiffany Fallon, Olympic softball gold medalist Jennie Finch, heavyweight boxing champ Lennox Lewis, "America's Got Talent" judge Piers Morgan and Ultimate Fighting Champion Tito Ortiz.
We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.

Bored_Bored_Buddy
Merry Man

#2 Post by Bored_Bored_Buddy » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:04 pm

Yawn
Can we turn on a fan? It's stuffy in here (yawn).

PlacentiaSoccerMom

#3 Post by PlacentiaSoccerMom » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:36 pm

Celebrity Apprentice, if only they could add Dancing, Dating and a Deserted Island to the mix they could really jump the shark.

Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

#4 Post by Rexer25 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:40 pm

PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:Celebrity Apprentice, if only they could add Dancing, Dating and a Deserted Island to the mix they could really jump the shark.
Where's the rec button on this thing?

Rec
REC
REC

:!:
Enough already. It's my fault! Get over it!

That'll be $10, please.

silverscreenselect

#5 Post by silverscreenselect » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:17 am

This show alone will cause viewers to plead for an end to the writer's strike.

It's good to see Stephen Baldwin finding something that's even lower on the totem pole than Biodome.

geoffil

#6 Post by geoffil » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:55 am

I like how when a celebrity's name was leaked as being a possible participant, most would immediately say, "No way, I am not on that show." I am sure most of the celebrities will just muddle thru the tasks and put very little if any effort into them. They all just want publicity.

minimetoo26
Royal Pain In Everyone's Ass

#7 Post by minimetoo26 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:01 am

Good lord. Omarosa is only famous because she was on a reality series in the first place (and the same one to boot!), so that is truly scraping the bottom of the barrel. Looks like they even went lower with the Baldwin who I've never seen do anything but play blackjack on some low-budget late-night show.

I like Tito Ortiz, oddly enough. Trump tells him he's fired and Tito punches his lights out in my fantasy version...

gsabc

#8 Post by gsabc » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:01 am

Rexer25 wrote:
PlacentiaSoccerMom wrote:Celebrity Apprentice, if only they could add Dancing, Dating and a Deserted Island to the mix they could really jump the shark.
Where's the rec button on this thing?

Rec
REC
REC

:!:
For every last one of these people, they could fail to jump the shark, fall in with it and get eaten, and no one would notice they were gone. That includes Trump himself.

If television broadcasting is on "public" airwaves, "reality" shows should be arrested for trespassing on public property.
I just ordered chicken and an egg from Amazon. I'll let you know.

Snoring Fern
Merry Man

#9 Post by Snoring Fern » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:13 am

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........
Zzzzzzzzzzzz..........

_TPTB_
Merry Man

#10 Post by _TPTB_ » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:25 am

Isn't putting celebrities on a popular show like this a bad idea?

Of course, I guess it's better than some of the crap my intern Skip has written for our January schedule.....

Rexer25
It's all his fault. That'll be $10.

#11 Post by Rexer25 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:28 am

_TPTB_ wrote:Isn't putting celebrities on a popular show like this a bad idea?
I don't know...you were really pushing the idea in the months before you killed PTBaM.

:P :P :P :P :P :P
Enough already. It's my fault! Get over it!

That'll be $10, please.

Odyssey
Flower Girl

#12 Post by Odyssey » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:45 am

And I'll bet every one of them has a better chance of getting on WWTBAM than I do.
Odyssey

MarleysGh0st

Re: Celebrity Apprentice participants

#13 Post by MarleysGh0st » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:29 pm

Cast members for this rejiggered "Apprentice" — which in the past relied on scrappy, ambitious star-wannabes — were selected from a field of some 125 celebrity applicants, Trump told reporters.
"They were all begging to be on the show," he said. "The hardest thing was breaking it down to these 14."
Never mind the show; I want to see tapes of the APs interviewing these 125 celebrity auditioners.

Particularly if they got Sonny to ask his "would you squash a hamster" question!

:twisted: